By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for onetenor

Here is a list of all the postings onetenor has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hubsan Spy Hawk *** HELP REQUIRED ***
19/01/2017 18:52:48
Posted by Richard Ward-Davies on 19/01/2017 13:58:29:
Thanks everyone. I'll order a new PCB board. Harsh lesson learnt.
New pcb ? Are you sure it has gone ? It could be a wire burnt out check first.

John

Thread: Price Increases On Engines from The Far East
19/01/2017 17:56:19
Posted by Cuban8 on 19/01/2017 15:45:02:
Try Aldi and see your shopping bill decreasnoe by 30%!
And don't believe the big supermarkets propaganda about quality

Also Lidl They are on a par with Aldi and the tools from both shops are really good value.I can't wait to be able to go and wander round them both again and see what piece of jewllery I might want to buy with my presents money. I started paying for my own modelling stuff in the 50s.I notice now the relation of cost against income then and now. Things for us were relativly cheaper then than now by a long chalk.I have a fair income even on my pension etc but find it harder to afford things like balsa and glues etc let alone engines and RC gear.John

Thread: Why does this happen?
19/01/2017 01:35:17

In the early days 2 volts from an ex gpo or similar wet cell was the order of the day You could see the glow on top of the wet piston and hear the sizzle too .This may burn out modern plugs but 1.2 volts seems a little low for my liking and Nimh cells only seem to produce a red glow on plugs I have tested.A good dry cell is somewhat better but nowhere near as good as a wet call.There are gel cells now at 2 v and I recommend one of these .My MDS an d Irvine 61's both start easily with 2 volts as do do my Cox's and other motors I have I modded the Coxs to accept seperate p lugs

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
16/01/2017 20:05:52

Edited By onetenor on 16/01/2017 20:12:53

16/01/2017 20:00:49

Test glide over long grass. Or other soft vegetation .Old advise but worth a reminder I think. Lovely model Is it a KK  Senator

Edited By onetenor on 16/01/2017 20:15:48

16/01/2017 20:00:41

Test glide over long grass. Or other soft vegetation .Old advise but worth a reminder I think. Lovely model Is it a KK Pirate >

16/01/2017 20:00:37

Test glide over long grass. Or other soft vegetation .Old advise but worth a reminder I think. Lovely model Is it a KK Pirate >

16/01/2017 20:00:33

16/01/2017 20:00:29

Thread: Looking for a good guide/video clip on silver soldering
16/01/2017 19:26:24

I forgot Google Silver Soldering Loads of info on there .

16/01/2017 19:20:27

Borax ( Boracic acid   and water is the flux same as brazing Another way is use silver solder paste which is flux and solderin one Never heard of the meths trick but I might give it a go. Vodka might work too LOL The tighter the joint the better

Thread: Mark's Ballerina MK1
13/01/2017 14:11:00

It seems a bit odd that a couple of peeps can order Sanders from a company when someone else is told the firm only stock the flat bar type.Needs looking into I think Which is correct?

Thread: Flair Puppeteer Plans Help please
13/01/2017 12:13:56
Posted by simpson j on 13/01/2017 11:58:44:

Photos mk 1 pup planimg_0990.jpg

is the upper wing incidence really that negative?

Thread: **NEW POLL** - Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
11/01/2017 06:33:49

One Of 5 sons and my nephew

Thread: Depron, brown paper, pva glue and issues!
11/01/2017 05:10:10

B,P. from/////Staples in fact any stationers ,even the local post office for a parcel pack with a fair sized sheet of B.P. and string and or tape and WH Smith

Thread: Foster Wikner Wiko/Warferry
11/01/2017 04:22:59

Had a black and white painted version on a photo postcard. Lovety Very Lost it now but I remember how it was so might do one one day

Thread: Fairchild Pt-19
10/01/2017 13:58:38
Posted by Erfolg on 18/10/2016 18:09:28:

I have made the taliplane assembly. Again there are two options, the CL and a RC/Free flight. It does appear as suggested by a contributor that this was a single channel design at the time of initial kit production.

wp_20161017_18_10_30_pro.jpg

I have re-enforce some bits that seemed a little weak. Again not the easiest assembly as it is not a flat plate structure, with the wing ribs and TE, LE to suite. Made worse by my pre profiling the LE/TE. Other slight alterations is the joiner of the two elevator halves I have doubled in width, as this seemed a tad weak. Also the infill for a control horn.

I am now working on the wing roots. I am worried and cautious about this bit. The reason being I normally build of a board. This area is designed as a slot together area, with no references. Although designed as such, the accuracy of die cutting is frequently been out so far,. Enough that absolute accuracy (in aero modelling terms) is not inherently achievable.

The other aspect is that I am reducing the dihedral from 11 degrees to 6 drgrees.

wp_20161018_17_43_39_pro.jpg

As can be seen I am cutting of the ply beams and replacing them with spruce spars. This will require the relocation of the bulkheads by 1/8".

wp_20161018_17_43_48_pro.jpg

I have a concern that the model has been designed with an AoA, (assuming flying in still air) which is at +ve to the aircraft CL of 4 degrees measured from the 0-0 line on the section. This is obviosly not that far from the stall. I am guessing that as a free flight model, it was flown at slow speed. As a RC model it was intended that it would climb strongly, being kept down in height by turning, and still pobably at lowish speeds.

The centre section seems to be designed by a bridge engineer, being seemingly very strong.

I am very undecided about a few things at present. What to do for the best, as a modern day RC model. Not a fast model, but does need to handle typical 10 mph winds.

Control line was intended as an alternative to free fllght from what I have seen here hence the strong build

Thread: Depron, brown paper, pva glue and issues!
10/01/2017 12:39:24

Most likely the glue hadn't dried properly being trapped between the paper and the Depron is not absorbent so glue takes longer to set.Leave it a few days next time

Thread: To much down thrust????????????
10/01/2017 12:31:23

Now tll us how she flies

Thread: BCM Strap-on Silencer.
10/01/2017 11:46:31

Less yes

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Overlander
Slec
CML
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
Q: Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?

Dad
 Mum
 Partner
 Son
 Daughter
 Grandson
 Granddaughter
 Friends
 Other
 No-one else

Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues