By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for onetenor

Here is a list of all the postings onetenor has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ripmax & Hobbystores Appaulling customer service! Mostly Ripmax
24/06/2017 22:55:59

Anyone know how I can order an item that appears in stock on the Rip Max site ?

Thread: G-FOUR
24/06/2017 21:17:43

What about AIR CYRANO or vice versa ?

Thread: Central Heating System Pressure
24/06/2017 20:39:53

As all the above with the proviso to watch it doesn't drop. This indicates a water leak

Thread: Lidl XL Glider
24/06/2017 20:00:00

The clear tubing looks like acrylic i.e. Perspex

Thread: Magnum /O.S.
24/06/2017 19:44:49

Thanks all . I think the threads must have been tapped out The 3.5 mm tap ordered arrived as 3.0 mm So can't confirm.Vernier of the NVA thread is 3.95 mm.The "groove" is present on the 40 piston too. It actually looks as though the crown is a pressed in part. I just realised it is The magnum I'm referring to so hence the differing sizes though almost all the OS parts are a swap .Now having said that I just checked the O.S>. and it is the same in this regard so it too must be tapped O/size I'll just buy a new carb body ............... and some 3.5 mm bolts . Thanks again to all.

John O/T

Thread: New Laser engines. What do you want?
24/06/2017 05:33:17

What about a one way valve between the two tanks.

Thread: Magnum /O.S.
24/06/2017 00:07:08

Thanks Denis Yes I get that. I am waiting for some 3,5 bolts so I can check but M3 s just slip in so must be bigger. Thanks for your effort. Don't suppose you know thread on NVA as there is some thread damage part way into the carb body

Thread: Hot Hot Hot
22/06/2017 22:22:15

I'm part Italian so I too tolerate the heat quite well and tan not burn.

Thread: Small Diesels
22/06/2017 22:08:37

I am not pouring hot metal I am using soldering techniques Denis. Heating base and offering alloy solder to the hot stub until it melts. as is described by Martin Harris above. I have done alloy welds ,also using Lumiweld or Techweld , before but not needing in past to cast a thread.Hence my query re thread size.Talking of which anyone know thread size for Magnum/O.S. 40 NVA ?

22/06/2017 22:08:36

I am not pouring hot metal I am using soldering techniques Denis. Heating base and offering alloy solder to the hot stub until it melts. as is described by Martin Harris above. I have done alloy welds ,also using Lumiweld or Techweld , before but not needing in past to cast a thread.Hence my query re thread size.Talking of which anyone know thread size for Magnum/O.S. 40 NVA ?

Thread: help on any thing model plane related
22/06/2017 12:47:51

If you look at these sites you can find out some info about Dave Milborough and the progression to Component shop. You might be able to find a link to Dave and ask him questions. http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/ And http://www.modelboats.co.uk/members/public_profile.asp?c=1480 Dave is an active member on Model Boats forum so you could perhaps contact him there. Good luck

22/06/2017 01:48:25

Try Derek Scott's plans service. The E.Mail is modelflyer21.plus.com He may have what you need He often has things that he has had no time to enter on his list. To look at the list just google Derek's plans. or modelplans.co.uk Aguy linked to the site called Neil Gillies does part cutting but don't know for which models. Good luck John

21/06/2017 23:23:35

######maybe if you would tell us the make and model we may be able to help.Yep use a film on the plan Lightly sponge the plan with alcohol just to see if any more nos etc show up. Also do it to the bare balsa. If any show up ink them in.

Thread: tony nijhuis f15 and eurofighter plans wanted
21/06/2017 21:55:42

So it was you who's dog ate their homework was it wink

Thread: Any advice on comparing plans from different designers
21/06/2017 15:35:35

Re the use of brushed motors and NICADs the translation to brushless and lipos is not hard and doesn't bear much relation to which plan to choose . To my way of thinking it is which plan suits your style of building and your skill level. Plus of course the depth of one's pocket both for the cost of the plan and of materials

Thread: Wren 54 starter problem
19/06/2017 22:13:31

The turbine's new but it begs the question is the starter new in that case ? Try contacting Wren U.S.A.

Thread: Secondhand Flair Pup
18/06/2017 20:16:49

The midway between the two 25% positions is fine but what about backstaggered wings.Does it still apply

Thread: Monkey's new clothes
18/06/2017 20:09:19

I believe petrol dissolves that sort of adhesive.

Thread: Wren 54 starter problem
18/06/2017 20:02:57

Thinking sideways it was sticking right from the start and the 4 minutes running in that state without it being noticed caused the resulting slop and wear..It never did full size starters any good either.This more than likely is what upset data terminal too. Sorry to say but the motor needs a rebuild and a new starter in MHO Plus reprogged data terminal.

Good luck contacting Wren though

John O/T

Edited By onetenor on 18/06/2017 20:04:45

Thread: Safe engine testing
18/06/2017 17:52:21

Try FAST LADS for the heli loaders

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Skip Model April
TJD Models
SHREK
Overlander
CML
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us