By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ace

Here is a list of all the postings Ace has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Radio systems
19/05/2018 11:14:23

+1 for BEB's sound reasoned advice yes

I started with a Futaba FF9 on 35Mhz and had a few glitches so switched to JR using DSM2 the early Spektrum protocol, which proved to be glitch free. I then purchased one of the last DX9's with dual DMS2 & DSMX. I personally have had absolutely no radio issues at all and it does everything I need and more reliably. Excluding dumb fingers & dodgy switches but hey that effects every make wink

One other major potential issue not mentioned so far that effects all makes concerns extension leads not securely fastened together, working loose or leads not pushed into receivers or making poor intermittent contact over time. I always use 100mm fly leads to help prevent this potential intermittent issue with thread, tape or plastic locks. Would appear in the air as a radio issue. Not saying it was but I genuinely don't believe their are any inherently bad major systems out their today.

Thread: See-through OS wankel rotary engine running slow-motion
16/05/2018 12:58:27

Knew the principle but to actually see it in action - fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Thread: Wot 4 Squared
09/05/2018 08:29:44

Watching with interest as I have a Mk 3 to start shortly thumbs up

Thread: PU Glue removal
08/05/2018 15:34:55

Thanks David, I thought the dark grubbyness was due to it attracting muck, however looking around there is some evidence of iron darkening PU type glues - you live an learn.

Resorted to using one of the foam emery sponges which shifted some - but not all. Guess I will just have to let nature run its course for the remainder.

08/05/2018 14:41:55

Thanks both, but the black grubby mark the diameter of a golfball is refusing to budge. sad

I guess the grease from the skin will eventually lift it but would dearly love a faster solution.

08/05/2018 11:33:30

I love PU glue and am normally very careful not to get any on my hands.

You know whats coming next - yes my latex glove sprung a leak and now I have some on my palm crying

Tried thinners, nail varnish remover & Isopropanol with no result - So what will shift it please ????

Thread: New TV Channel
08/05/2018 07:35:54

Are you accessing these through transmitted Freeview over the airwaves from a mast or via a Freeview internet link? Only my std airwaves Freeview doesn't show 94 no matter ow many times I re-tune it sad

05/05/2018 09:37:46

Tried retuning here in Yorkshire and nothing on Freeview 94 here sad

Thread: Peterf's 1/4 scale Falcon Models Tiger Moth
05/05/2018 09:27:43

Fascinating to follow to a superb end result and take my hat off of to you for taking the time to show and explain your techniques and problem solving thumbs up Just need to see it flying. smiley

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
04/05/2018 14:25:10

Fascinating to follow to a superb end result thumbs up Just need to see it flying. smiley

Thread: The Ohmen
03/05/2018 18:48:49

If weight is needed and space allows what about paralleling up a pair of 2200 to give 4400 x 3s?

More useful weight with better duration.

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
24/04/2018 10:31:47

Apart from UK and some of the colonies, I suspect the rest of the world uses Gasoline and even us Brits recognize the phrase, where as the Yanks/others probably wouldn't automatically recognize Petrol. Heart says P but head leans towards G. You may also wish to distinguish between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines with FS.

My tuppence - Laser G25 FS

Thread: GTC by Levanter
23/04/2018 11:36:32

Levanter,

Going to sound lame but work and home work projects have taken priority with snatched flying days eating up what little free time was left. That said yesterday I did dust it off and make a start on the nacelle assemblies so moving forward again.

Ace

21/04/2018 23:00:40

I for one appreciate you taking the time and effort to share your tips and ideas, Fantastic - Brilliant thumbs up

Thread: How did that happen?
17/04/2018 13:25:23

As Dave C mentioned with both full size and models, if you let the speed bleed off to much over the top a stall occurs (inverted), wing drops followed by a spin.

Thread: NEW POLL! The 2018 Transmitter Survey!
09/04/2018 23:30:02

Spektrum DX9 does everything I need although with mainly third party receivers, Lemon, Redcon and Orange due to genuine receiver costs. - ALL ROCK SOLID performance

Thread: Moles!
08/04/2018 10:47:56

Our mown car parking area along the lane was being attacked so we also set traps with marker canes. Both the canes and traps disappeared, so either walkers were against killing moles or nicked them for there own use angry 2

07/04/2018 09:54:32

Moles have been steadily getting nearer our patch which is located in a large pasture field. When one actually made a home in the patch we set traps both pincer and tunnel observing to minimise scent the best we could. It took a number of repositionings (smart blighters back fill and go around) before success. We have now moved out to meet them and so far its TDMFC 3 - Moles 0.

Jury is out on whether pincer or tunnel work best (both have worked) although pincer are much easier to set.

I like the principle of the sound detection - anyone listened looked into it?

Thread: P.A.W engine factory vid
03/04/2018 13:13:46

Thanks for that, real proper cottage industry British engineering - fantastic insight, all be it briefly.

+1 for an article - would make interesting reading thumbs up

Thread: Acro Wot build advice
29/03/2018 18:16:48

My interpretation of the above Q & A would be it's referring to a butt joint ie. root to root with no reinforcing. So yes a BIG NO NO.

However if adding glass cloth either bandage or diamond pattern (my preference) then Poly C, Water based Polyurethane Varnish or Aliphatic would be strong enough.

On my Acro Wot I used a larger and then smaller diamond pattern of 50g & 25g GF cloth with WBPV, which after getting a 90' crosswind practice landing all wrong, the following cartwheel failed to inflict any damage to the wing. Tail was not so lucky sad

As previously mentioned Polyester resin eats foam.

NC - Nice job on the Challenger thumbs up

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues