By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dave parnham

Here is a list of all the postings dave parnham has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RCM&E February 2017 issue
16/01/2017 14:24:04

My Mag arrived today but I will save it for next weeks leave.

But I also got a letter from RCM+E about subscription renewal......renew online it says.... visit the web address shown overleaf it says........it doesn't work!!!.

Thread: Rolling Circles
11/01/2017 14:15:36

The problem with the Sim flying as I found out last night is some planes are better at it than others.

Obviously the Extra and PA Addiction can do it, but I tried and tried with an ultimate style bipe and just keep crashing time after time.

Oh well practise practise practise I suppose.

10/01/2017 19:28:51

Cheers John,

Practising now on my G5.5 wink saves a fortune on repairs

10/01/2017 17:53:43

Can anyone try and explain, the technique involved to learn rolling circles ?

or indeed just the rolling Bit?

I've tried using my sim and watched videos of Tx inputs but it all goes wrong very fast indeed.

Thread: Bmfa payment
28/12/2016 14:03:35

To be Fair its the Post Office Counter staff that may have taken industrial action, not Royal Mail who deliver your letters.

Thread: Multiplex Acromaster Where to get One?
09/10/2016 13:10:44

I still build, and am currently working on 1/4 scale biplanes, and Chris Foss Acrowot kit as my normal Winter Hack.

The beauty of the Acromaster is it can be put in the boot of the car whole and its a great stress reliever,to be able to throw it around the sky attempting 3d stuff and generally having a blast. I shall miss mine when it goes.

07/10/2016 20:37:52

That would be a real shame if that is true. However I think I have secured my replacement the order is being processed now so fingers crossed.

07/10/2016 16:00:29

Thanks guys, there is hope, a fellow club member just ordered one yesterday and it turned up this afternoon.

Sadly for me they are now out of stock but my search continues.

cheers.

06/10/2016 17:30:36

Hi Everyone, some of our club members and I are looking to buy/replace there beloved Acromaster's But I have scoured the net here and in Germany and cannot find Stock.

Have they been discontinued? or are they just very popular??

If anyone knows of a LMS that has stock I would be very interested to know, many thanks.

dave p

Thread: ytinternational in West Bromwich
23/08/2016 17:46:20

Such a shame they don't seem to cater for your average club stuff anymore, where are all the Demons and Magic Fun Flys, all out of stock or long since discontinued. Great shame.

Thread: Wings 'n' Wheels
27/06/2016 15:20:33

I haven't been to WW for two years due to Holiday clashes, but I was really looking forward to it, especially as it was billed as the 30th Anniversary.

I did go last week to Weston Park in the Dark for the first time, and you cant help but compare and contrast the two.

Wings and Wheels was no different to the last time I went, they didn't push the boat out for the 30th as you might expect.

They could have had a quad area with large screens and enough room to watch from the sidelines .They could have had a heli only flight line and where were the "wheels"? There was also room if they planned it right to have car racing track and the show could have been so much better, maybe some fireworks, and the Dawn patrol, where was the pizazz?

I know the weather wasn't great and the flying was enjoyable in tough conditions,but when people leave the show already thinking well I wont bother next year then something is clearly wrong.

Thread: England 44 Aussies 40
25/06/2016 16:31:49

44 -40 Whitewash??

I haven't seen any coverage of the games I'm more concerned with whats happening with Wales!! was it 46-4? I'm hearing?

Thread: Wings 'n' Wheels
25/06/2016 16:29:07

BD, was it very muddy in the carpark or for that matter along the trade line?

Me and Chairman Richard are going Sunday so wont be at KMFC

Thread: Weston Park Model Show...an AMAZING show !
19/06/2016 17:52:27

Totally agree it was my first time here and the wife wants to go back next year!!

Enjoyed Saturday nights display, only wish we had wandered down to the Heli flight line later it sounded amazing too.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Dawn Patrol on Sunday and emptied my wallet.

Will definitely go again

Thread: USA import
01/04/2016 15:11:42

ive been tempted to Order from Balsa USA for some time, its not the costs that really bother me, as I'm sure I would save money importing what I need. Its the size of the parcel and possible damage on Transit.

Anybody done it recently?

Thread: SC Exhaust Nipple
30/03/2016 17:52:36

thanks for the help, ive ordered off the ebay link, a "local" LMS I must admit ive never been in.

cheers everybody

30/03/2016 15:04:40

Hello,

I need to obtain the Exhaust Nipple for a SC15a or indeed a SC91 as they are indeed the same size.

Does anyone know who stocks spares for these engines?

perkins website lists entire exhaust for 91 at £25 but I didn't want to do that so I pinched the nipple from an unrun 15 and it fits

But I will need a replacement.

Irvine OS and Jen nipples too big.

Thread: What Would You Do?
13/03/2016 11:27:03

i work for royal mail as a postie, the only thing I would suggest is to clearly write on the mail Unknown at this address since (date) or Gone Away/deceased/refused. Delete as appropriate. And stick them in the nearest post box.

The postman on your delivery then gets them back next and day, we then attach official stickers on them,marking them up as above, sign em date em and with blue crayon circle the return address.

Or if no return address is given they go to Belfast to be destroyed if they cannot find return address when they open them officially first.

They will then slowly stop coming and you will have piece of mind.

HTH

dave

Thread: Band Saw or Scroll Saw?
24/01/2016 20:15:54

go back to screwfix and have a look at the scheppach scroll saws, I got one for Christmas and love it.

Thread: Your most reliable engine ?
21/01/2016 14:27:41

thanks guys, I have only stuck the biggest prop I could find on to start her up, but its too cold at the mo. Sounds like I need a 15x 6 then.

This Panic is years old and was electric, then os40 (passed A) turned rates down, then 65LA , now awaiting first run in on sc90

thanks

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Slec
Overlander
Advertise With Us
CML
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
Q: Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?

Dad
 Mum
 Partner
 Son
 Daughter
 Grandson
 Granddaughter
 Friends
 Other
 No-one else

Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues