By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for dave parnham

Here is a list of all the postings dave parnham has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Build logs - a dying art?
21/10/2017 19:09:05

I can see what your getting at Steve, you've had 4500 viewings on your Stuka project and 89 replies.

I for one love your builds, and have been silently watching like a favourite tv show, perhaps that is the problem and we should ask more questions?

I just had to go through 7 pages of the latest posts to find your thread, last reply 1/10/17 and I had missed at least the last page of building. It proves that the forum is alive with lots of chat out there.

I'm loving dibleys 110 build and will be glued to the 109 builds too....would love one but I have a BT plan pack in the shed somewhere.

Can we Bookmark these threads? I have never looked to see if that's possible.

Any way Don't give up posting build threads anyone, I'm certainly back in my shed after a long layoff thanks to many blogs on here, and I have to admit other forums too.

cheers dave p

Thread: Caption competition!
19/09/2017 17:28:27

Field repairs went well until they superglued themselves to the Transmitter!

Thread: Southern Model Air Show at headcorn
09/09/2017 18:26:18

Oh how i wanted to go....but the weather and the 2 hr plus trip put me off, i know thats not a lot of travelling time,but only got back from a short break last weekend and that two hour trip turned into 4 and a half.

Anyway i stayed in the shed and continued building the long list of "must finish this er's"

dp

Thread: What fuel (FS)
09/09/2017 18:19:51

Contest 10 for all engines......OS Fourstrokes Saito 82fs and Lasers no problems here.

dp

Thread: what is? Isopropyl Alcohol
14/08/2017 16:36:31

Been to my local Maplins and they have spray cans and 500ml tins of IPA so I'm going to test it before glueing my lovely new Biplanes hinges in the slots. No matter how hard I try I always dribble glue everywhere!!

cheers interesting topic in the end

12/08/2017 16:16:22

It is used apparently for wiping excess superglue off the covering when installing furry hinges........but what is it? And where do you purchase it.

Also any commonly used alternatives used instead.

Many thanks

Thread: Marutaka Ju87B
05/08/2017 17:35:33

ooh I wanna see him make his own devil

Grand job as always sir!

you've re vitalised my interest after a long lay off, no flying or modelling since April, but I'm back in the mood now thanks to you and Dibleys 110 build.

cheers, watching with interest.

Thread: Wings and Wheels North Weald 2017
24/06/2017 20:01:26

oh great thanks Dom smiley

24/06/2017 19:57:23

Rats.... I wanted to see the DR1 as well on Sunday......oh well.

Havent been for three years so it will be good to revisit.

Thread: Acro Wot XL Engine Choice
27/04/2017 13:22:07

So is it better? than my aging XtraWot kit that I brought from Mr Foss's Car boot at Sandown all those years ago?

I have a Laser 150 in mine.....is it time to go ARTF.

She could do with more power for the vertical, but its a great plane to throw around, not 3d but good enough to enjoy yourself, sadly it needs a complete recovering job.

dave

Thread: Mick Reeves Gangster 63 Lite
24/04/2017 17:29:04

I use the 3003 Futaba servo's in mine and a 148? for throttle.....mine has an Irvine 46 in it and its adequate but I think the 53 would liven it up and make it better, I've been meaning to change over for some time, just not gotten around to it yet.

Thread: Sopwith Pup with ASP FT160 twin
22/04/2017 16:21:34

Fantastic maiden its always nice to hear a chuffed pilot in the background....

What make of kit ? DB? or is it plan built?

Did you build it yourself?

love the sound of that engine too wink

Thread: Is traditional building a disappearing art?
21/04/2017 17:02:02

Trad building still going on here! Albert has arrived early to inspect his new Pup blush

21/04/2017 17:00:47

albert inspects!!.jpg

Thread: 25 cc hack wanted, what to choose
29/03/2017 17:39:00

Tom, The Ultra Stick looks great but have you seen the spec. when it comes to servos? 7 times what was it? 35 kilos of torque?!! That works out mighty expensive!

Thread: Gangster 63
29/01/2017 19:57:02

Mines still flying and goes very well on the Irvine 46, only bit on the build that throws most people is the fit of the Ailerons they are just not quite right somehow, but easy to fix.

Must admit that I had a fuel tank leak, or cracked pipe at least, and it somehow corroded the battery lead.....well I started the aircraft and it ran on the the ground for 30 seconds then cut, and again and again. Turns out my Tx was doing its job and telling me the battery was now dud and wouldn't let me fly it. Model Saved...lesson learned.

Thread: RCM&E February 2017 issue
16/01/2017 14:24:04

My Mag arrived today but I will save it for next weeks leave.

But I also got a letter from RCM+E about subscription renewal......renew online it says.... visit the web address shown overleaf it says........it doesn't work!!!.

Thread: Rolling Circles
11/01/2017 14:15:36

The problem with the Sim flying as I found out last night is some planes are better at it than others.

Obviously the Extra and PA Addiction can do it, but I tried and tried with an ultimate style bipe and just keep crashing time after time.

Oh well practise practise practise I suppose.

10/01/2017 19:28:51

Cheers John,

Practising now on my G5.5 wink saves a fortune on repairs

10/01/2017 17:53:43

Can anyone try and explain, the technique involved to learn rolling circles ?

or indeed just the rolling Bit?

I've tried using my sim and watched videos of Tx inputs but it all goes wrong very fast indeed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
SHREK
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues