By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Colin Carpenter

Here is a list of all the postings Colin Carpenter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Winters Here Who's Been Flying ?
22/02/2018 12:50:08

Three of us out in deepest Somerset at 9am .Nice bit of sun , not forecast ,and wind from the east not as biting as expected ! Flew a Parkzone Sukhoi 29 that the Safe Rx had been removed from . It flew much better on the Lemon Rx ! From the forecast , that's our lot for 10 days or so ! Club mate put his fingers through four stroke prop Monday pm. Very messy , lotsa blood but no bone 😈. Had to put nursing skills to the test with the first aid kit 😫. Failed the neatness test but better than nothing ! Colin

Thread: Best Plane You Have Owned
17/02/2018 21:14:32

Sebart Angel 30 E. Faultless !😁Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 17/02/2018 21:15:11

Thread: Ripmax EasyStreet 2
16/02/2018 14:37:03

Hi . Clubmates got one which he's put a Riot u/c on. Reduction in aileron movement and slight shift in CG rearward produced a quick but well balanced model ! However it seems very prone to stalling as it turns into the final approach no matter how quick it goes ! Any suggestions folks ? Ta ! Colin

Thread: A Question for the Electric Cognoscenti.
11/02/2018 16:07:12

DSM2 or DSMX ? Seen the former dive of death with no control many times ! When you get to the wreckage all's working ! Colin

Thread: WOT4 Becomes Racing Car
08/02/2018 11:24:08

Soaking wet , boggy grass runway ? I've seen this with my Sebarts ! Colin

30/01/2018 16:58:14

4 of us out at 9am . Zero degrees zero wind and unusually , lots of lovely sun! A bad day for a new HK Voltiguer and Easystreet 2 . Both broken on first time out .The ES was probably pilot error but Volty just glitched a couple of times and spun in uncontrollably into the mud ! It had flown well enough for 3_4 minutes and still no idea what occurred , unless one aileron detached as it has no hinges apart from foam ? Hey ho !😥😥 Colin

Thread: Coming back after 50 years: bit lost
21/01/2018 18:28:45

Hobbyking XT 60 Panel connector kit in stock in UK. £1-60 ish from memory. I use them a lot and have had zero problems. Colin

Thread: FMS Typhoon
19/01/2018 16:22:42

My E Flite Mustang has the same battery tray so must be an FMS mould or made for HH by them. Got the same problem with uc but I've got a piece of concrete I can use , luckily. I like the Tiffie though ! Colin

Thread: Blackhorse Heinkel He 111
17/01/2018 16:20:38

Excellent job ! Colin

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
15/01/2018 09:38:06

Nice Phil. You can learn a lot from a Heli like that and the skills transfer well into collective pitch helis if desired ! Colin

Thread: AS3X receivers
13/01/2018 14:54:06

Clubmate has just tried to replace a couple of servos in his Visionairre. Net result was gyro throwing servos the wrong sense. Can't see a reversal in the manual so he's going for the expensive HH servos ! Tx servo reverse didn't help ! Colin

12/01/2018 12:40:06

Three of us this morning but we left it till 10 for the clag to lift. No wind but damp cold. All models down safely ! Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 12/01/2018 12:40:40

Thread: Lidl again
11/01/2018 20:48:48

Going for the mains soldering iron £9. Had one for 3 years and tips are knackered. For the price might as well buy new rather than search for a tip that might fit. Will manage XT60s easily. Colin

Edited By Colin Carpenter on 11/01/2018 20:49:16

07/01/2018 19:30:33

Blimey ! Ron ! I just put a coat on over a shirt , and fingerless gloves if there's a wind ! If it's below freezing might get out a scarf from the top shelf of the wardrobe !!😉 I put it all down to standing by freezing lakes in 1969 when boating ! And of course , ice on the inside of the windows in the 50's !😁 Colin

07/01/2018 17:43:33

Excellent post Colin ! For a moment I thought Erf was posting ! I don't mind the cold at all but the wind chill whilst walking the dog at 8 am told me I was better off taking SWMBO to spend her vouchers ! Haven't flown outside since 19 December . Only day flyable since had to take her to hospital ( again ) 😤😤 ! Colin

Thread: Ripmax EasyStreet 2
04/01/2018 16:02:29

Tim. I haven't got one but clubmate has. His cowl is the same with the recommended motor . Rails missing too ! He is working away on it with a few niggles he says. I wonder if radiusing the motor box corners will help ? Seagull cowls need a lot of work here sometimes ! Colin

Thread: Grandpas Great Escape
02/01/2018 12:26:21

Yes. SWMBO and I watched it. Gently amusing. Young lad did a cracking acting job I thought ! Sure the Museum front was an Art Deco factory I've seen somewhere. Web says some shots filmed in Govan . Colin

Thread: Winter Service
31/12/2017 17:23:10

Ditto ! Cold frosty mornings are the best ! And my models are kept in a shed , unheated , and never a problem for 40 years. Colin

Thread: Ripmax Easy Street
27/12/2017 16:31:31

Clubmate has just had an E S 2 delivered and I've been for a look . Well packaged and nicely made. Covering looks ok too ! Accessories seem up to the job as well . Construction has commenced and I think an undercarriage will be added. Seems enough room to get a ply plate and triangle stock in there with long forceps ! Colin

Thread: Need recommendation / tips on Spektrum Gear
22/12/2017 19:19:21

Gangster . The only DSM2 pile in I had was an Easy Glider at about 40 feet right in front of me , just purring along gently . Sudden motor cut followed by vertical dive a second or so later ! Mud saved most of the damage ! Investigation showed radio still working , plenty of volts . An Orange Rx . Never used DSM2 since and no problems in 000,s of flights. Lots of Spekkie RX's did the same thing at varying heights ! No one uses DSM2 that I fly with now and the problem has gone ! Just my experience . My DX9 has had the most use of all radios in 48 years and zero problems apart from the one mentioned above. Colin

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues