By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Symons - BMFA

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Symons - BMFA has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Thank you to everyone who attended.
12/03/2018 11:03:33

Thats absolutely brilliant, the Air Ambulances are one of my pet charities. There are a number of model flyers still here because of the air ambulance, we had need for one at the Nats last year that prompted a whip round at the nats and a 100 mile cycle ride by me. Raised £2500.00

I did think they should be funded by government but after chatting to some of the team from Lincs and Notts Air ambulance they much prefer the current funding method and no government interference.

Keep up the good work!!

12/03/2018 09:49:03

Fantastic effort, well done all concerned. Perhaps a short write up and piccies for the BMFA News Club Corner is in order.

Thread: SAM35 Spring Gala @ BMFA Buckminster
08/03/2018 16:36:59

Come along for the Swapmeet and stay for the Spring gala. Make a short break of it.

08/03/2018 16:36:28

Thread: "Retro Fest" @ BMFA Buckminster
08/03/2018 16:34:10

Thread: BMFA Buckminster Summer Fly-in
08/03/2018 16:31:30

Thread: BMFA Buckminster Spring Electric Fly-in
08/03/2018 16:30:13

Thread: BMFA Buckminster Spring Swapmeet
08/03/2018 16:28:38

All 60 indoor spaces are now booked for this. However bookings can be made for the reserve list and there is plenty of outside space available.

Looks like a good opportunity to pick up some bargains!!

Thread: BMFA Achievement Scheme Roadshows 2018
04/03/2018 12:08:37

Only just over a month to the first BMFA Achievement Scheme roadshow of 2018.

The first of which is taking place at
Pedham Place Golf Centre
London Road
Swanley BR8 8PP UK on 7th April.

The second takes place at BMFA Buckminster on 28th April.

To book your place see **LINK**

Those that have already booked should have received confirmation of you place already, however if you haven't please complete the booking form again as your email has gone astray.

Thread: BMFA Scale RC Indoor Nats ***CANCELLED**
02/03/2018 13:39:18

Due to the poor weather conditions and difficult travelling conditions the decision has been taken, with regret, to cancel the Scale RC Indoor Nationals that was to take place this Sunday at RAF Shawbury.

It is too soon to know if a replacement date can be arranged.

13/02/2018 19:47:36

Spaces are booking up fast for this one. Looks like it's going to be a very busy day!! Site will be open for flying too.

Thread: Accident at the flying field. Do you know what to do?
08/02/2018 20:29:10

It’s been a great days flying when suddenly there’s a thud followed by a scream

“MY FINGERS ARE OFF”

Panic takes over but should it?

How bad is it?

What do you do next?

Has your club been proactive for such a situation?

First aid pack available?

"What happens next?? Basic First Aid" at the flying field is a talk about a having a plan for any situation that may occur on the field and what members can do to help. The speaker is retired Dr.Richard Wilkins ( Retford member ) who will cover how a club can help members with knowledge of what to do next ,basic first aid and what to do if someone has a cardiac arrest will be covered.
It is free to attend this talk being hosted by the Retford Club on behalf of the BMFA Midland Area. Please see **LINK**

This is taking place on Monday 19th February Please book your place by email to secretary.rmfc@sky.com

There is even free pie and peas for all who attend.

Thread: scale model competitions
23/01/2018 15:57:47

This was the winner of the 2017 Scale British National Championships for flying only. An ARTF foamie DH Venom.

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 23/01/2018 15:58:04

03/01/2018 15:16:15

A date for your diaries! Another chance to come and have a look around the National Centre and perhaps have a clear out or maybe pick up a bargain or too. Hopefully there will be no snow for this one!

http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/event/bmfa-buckminster-spring-swapmeet

BMFA Buckminster Spring Swapmeet

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 03/01/2018 15:16:42

Thread: BMFA Buckminster Christmas Swapmeet
12/12/2017 09:53:00

It went very well considering the conditions. Although there was no snow at all at 6.15am. About half the sellers made it and a good number of buyers too. See https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1315582195253700&id=274324536046143 Spring Swapmeet will be 15th April

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 12/12/2017 09:58:36

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 12/12/2017 09:59:37

Thread: BMFA Christmas Swapmeet now with aeromodellers car boot sale.
05/12/2017 23:12:03
Doors open at 10am for buyers.
05/12/2017 23:11:23
Dont forget its the Christmas swapmeet at BMFA Buckminster this coming Sunday. All indoor space is booked (over 60 tables) we even have some outdoor sellers too. Should be a great do. Also an opportunity to have a look round and fly too. There will be a catering stand on site too.
Thread: BMFA website
05/12/2017 07:42:56
Glad this is resolved. Spam filters can be a pain.
Thread: BMFA Online Membership portal open for 2018 membership renewals
01/12/2017 05:12:02

The BMFA online portal for new and renewing country membership for 2018 is now active.

**LINK**

2017 has been a great year for the BMFA and model aircraft flying, lets make 2018 even better.

NUMBERS DO COUNT!

The BMFA's strengths are its proven expertise and its membership. Without the backing of its clubs and members we could not have accomplished the many things that have given us national and international credibility and recognition. The sheer weight of numbers of model aircraft fliers we represent has enabled us to be heard at the highest levels. Therefore, we require continuing support as without you the BMFA would not exist: your membership and club affiliation is important so that we can continue to represent the interests of all modellers in the UK.

Read more about the benefits of BMFA membership at **LINK**

Thread: Good News from the BMFA AGM
25/11/2017 18:35:17
Posted by Erfolg on 25/11/2017 15:33:13:

It is apparent from the careful use of words, that Andy does recognise that many many of the BMFA hierarchy, are motivated by a single issue or discipline. They may no longer be competitors, although now pursue their interests through the organisational structures. This is most apparent when views are discussed at area level. In the case previously mentioned a balanced view did prevail in my opinion.

Well you are part right, my words were very carefully chosen, very carefully chosen to mean exactly what they say with no hidden meanings. I make a point of it.

So despite what may be apparent to you I can tell you that you are entirely wrong. I do not recognise that "many many" however many that is of the BMFA hierarchy are motivated by a single issue or discipline.

I would go as far as to say none of them are, unless that single issue is "the promotion and furtherance of aeromodelling and model flying in all its forms, both competitive and non-competitive".

What I said and mean with no hidden meaning was that the majority of the board of directors are non-competitive flyers and that It is possible for a competitive flyer to be able to trumpet and support non competitive flying, even if they are representing a specific interest.

Will add the further statement that I believe every member of the board of directors is fully aware that competition flying needs non competitive flying just as much as non-competitive flying needs the competition side.

It is my opinion that if we lose one we will lose the other.

Please accept there is no hidden meaning anywhere there, and I hope it is clear exactly what I am saying.

Edited By Andy Symons - BMFA on 25/11/2017 18:37:05

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Overlander
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues