By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rocker

Here is a list of all the postings Rocker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Winters Here Who's Been Flying ?
22/02/2018 15:06:52

Been flying all winter but just got back from our field today and am frozen stiff,with the weather turning colder next week ,me thinking it time to hibernate until at least April give the weather a chance to warm up and the field to dry out a bit came home today and look like I had been mud wrestling.( Might have been better if I had been !!! )

Thread: Freewing Hawk?
21/02/2018 22:03:15

Try R C Castle ,they are in Hong Kong but excellent service ,quick to and the postage will be a lot cheaper then Motion RC in the USA I order the upgrade retracts for the Hawk from R C Castle on a Monday and they arrived on the following Friday a lot quicker then some UK suppliers and they have the Hawk in stock ready for delivery

21/02/2018 15:38:18

I have a Freewing Hawk ,Fly a treat and looks good to .I am using 6s 4200 battery and they fly it well .Only get about 4 minutes ( It is an EDF ) I really like it but I have a soft spot for the Hawk .Just put the upgraded retracts on but not flown it yet with them on ,weather been crap ,so looking forward to see if they make any difference .The standard retracts are fine and had no problem with them on our grass strip .It would be a good first EDF because it has no vices ,lands slow and is a dream to fly

Thread: 4.8 v or 6 v receiver battery
10/02/2018 17:12:20

Well that has answered my question ,it is 6v .I am going to upgrade all my models to 6v then I'll be of to my local LMS Monday. Hope he has enough 6v in stock

09/02/2018 20:22:25

Have a couple of 4.8 v receiver battery that have seen better days and could be putting the model they are in at risk so time to replace them .It has been a while since I replace my receiver batteries and was thinking it is time to replace all my receiver batteries in my models and was thinking of replacing them all with 6v instead of 4.8 v .What is the opinion is 6v better then 4.8 ?

Thread: Re: Death of IC
31/01/2018 17:15:32

No electric motor can come close to a good Laser engine I have watched a fairly big spitfire flown with electric power flown along side a P47 Thunderbolt of ruffly the same size with a 4 stroke glow engine No comparison The Thunderbolt sounded great but the poor spitfire just whisper along OK I give it in if you are worried about how many DB your model produces but the Thunderbolt was under 82 DB and sounded great.Plus the spitfire had to land after 7 minutes due to lack of battery power but the Thunderbolt stay up for over 10 minutes

Thread: Wots Wot XL spinner bolt ???
31/01/2018 11:47:56

Yes went over all the edges and transfer with clearcoat ,two coats so that hopefully will help there .Just run up the Laser 180 and as I would expect from a Laser started second flick with a chicken strip ( not an electric starter) and ran perfectly ,just richen the main jet by half a turn ,ran perfect retuned the main jet after a short run ,tick over was fine so left well alone .Jon has done all the hard work setting the 180 up so left it alone ( good job there Jon it was perfect ) Now the maiden yesto do

31/01/2018 10:10:29

Received the nut adaptor from "Just Engine " Spinner all secure and everyone will be glad the Wots Wot XL is finished ans awaiting it's maiden flight when this windy weather gives up and our flying strip dries out (,at the moment our field is waterlogged) might have to wait till the spring but I am sure the wait will be worthwhile and have great confidant that the Wots Wot XL will fly great

29/01/2018 09:40:42

Just rang "Just Engines " about this problem and they where really helpful..They have exactly what I needed.and will post it out today so hopefully problem solved I can not recommend "Just Engines " enough ,they where really good and went through the options with me and recommend the best option.They are the people to ring with regard any engine query 10 out of 10 for customer service

28/01/2018 19:53:35

Brilliant ,that is really good of you to do that .I have e-mail you my address , let me know how much I owe you and I get a cheque of to you Thanks again

28/01/2018 17:25:52

I am sure the bolt I need for the Laser 180 is an M10 bolt and a M4 thread for the spinner bolt to screw into .I give Just Engines a ring on Monday .Failing that I need to find a long M8 bolt and drill out the spinner to take the 8mm bolt

28/01/2018 13:21:05

Anyone tell me what size bolt holds the Wots Wot XL spinner on ,not sure if it is a M4 or an M5 .need to order one

Thread: Wots Wot XL
28/01/2018 09:17:30

Am I right in thinking the bolt that holds the spinner on is an M4 bolt

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
28/01/2018 09:15:34

Am I right in saying the main thread for the prop nut on a Laser 180 is an M10 thread ?

Thread: Wots Wot XL
27/01/2018 22:14:35

Just looked at the link Denis sent .I will give "Just Engines " a ring they will have them and will know what threads I will need .Thanks .I'll get there in the end Thanks to all the help I have got from this forum

27/01/2018 22:11:00

Still not sure I have fitted a Laser 180 to the Wots Wot XL .It seems to me I will have to buy a M10 nut that will hold on the prop and back plate and I take it the allen bolt will screw it that .I know the Laser 180 is a M10 thread but I do not know what the allen bolts that comes with the Wots Wot XL is that will have to screw into the adaptor nut ."Just Engine " I am sure will sell them.Just need to know what to order .Might be best if I rang "Just Engines "

27/01/2018 21:30:29

Am I going stupid in my old age but can someone tell me how the metal spinner on the Wots Wot XL fit on .All I have is the metal back plate the spinner and an allen bolt that goes through the centre of the spinner and screws into god knows wot.There appears to be nothing the bolt can screw into .Help

Thread: Hitec anyone else thinking of jumping ship
24/01/2018 17:26:11

Go Futaba ,brilliant customer service

Thread: Slough Model Centre Web Site??????
23/01/2018 19:44:36

Exactly .I agree "Oldgit, I think Slough Model are the best out there .perfect customer service,good value always help full, ,just frustrating when there site goes down , I expect even more frustrating for Slough Models themselves!!!!.Maybe it is time I just rang them for my orders and stop winging about there web site

23/01/2018 16:57:48

Oh dear tried to order online again with Slough Models ,computer says NO .Can not log again order from" Inwoods instead " Come on Slough Models what's going on

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues