By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Richard Mallam.

Here is a list of all the postings Richard Mallam. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
07/12/2017 14:19:31

Danny / Chris,

Many thanks for info re aluminium foil / plotters etc.

Richard

06/12/2017 17:18:18

Thanks Danny. Do you have a preference for a foil manufacturer - like for instance Flite Metal or something more basic from Hobby King?

05/12/2017 16:30:02

Hi Danny,

Compared to most in this thread, I have a lot to learn......! So I am keen to understand what sort of plotter you use (re your last post) and how you manage to get the 'panel' effect.

Could you summarise?

Thanks,

Richard

20/10/2017 16:46:45

Richard, many thanks - very helpful.

Richard

20/10/2017 14:29:25

Hi Richard,

Your Fury looks great. Can I ask how you managed to get such a good finish. What materials did you use to cover in advance of using metal tape?

Regards,

Richard

06/10/2017 17:39:12

Thanks Danny. Am still not sure at the moment which way i'll go in terms of motor. If I go electric, I'll stick with the current laminated formers, but will use the thicker ply if I decide on IC.

My current preference is the latter - just like the noise!

Richard

06/10/2017 12:57:31

Thanks Danny.

Some pictures below. Am not sure that a 4mm former will be man enough?

Richard

p1030376.jpgp1030372.jpgp1030371.jpg

05/10/2017 10:24:35

'Morning all.

Notwithstanding all of the above comprehensive discussion about ply, I would be interested to hear views on the ply (to be laminated) former (F1) firewall on the Fury as indicated on the plan and supplied in the woodpack from Sarik. For those who received their woodpacks from Sarik, will you be using this - or would standard (from Orbit) 6 mm light ply be preferable?

The ply in the pack is 2mm, laminated to make 4mm, whereas the plan itself suggests 6mm....

Richard

22/09/2017 13:50:47

OK Danny - am sure that you are right. Does this have any implications for the build?

Richard

22/09/2017 12:14:56

Thanks Chris.

I concur with Martin's comments re the balsa in the pack.

The ply is all Birch and is either 1.5 or 3mm.

Richard

19/09/2017 18:52:03

This is first post for me, so hello to all.

I picked up a set of plans / woodpack / cowl and spinner today from Sarik. From what I can see so far, all seems to be OK, except for the spinner which is clearly a bit oversize as it meets the cowl. Kevin has said that he is committed to finding a solution, but is away on leave at the moment.

I also bought a supply of sheet balsa and ply, which seemed to be good quality. Am told that they get it from SLEC.

They seem to be committed to continuing the Traplet business with no change. The original owner of Traplet seems to be still involved somehow.

Richard

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues