By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tom Thomas

Here is a list of all the postings Tom Thomas has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New model
22/05/2018 03:12:14

Pylon mounted power systems are so dated.

I managed to put an electric motor and prop on a Bird of Time, it can be done on anything.

just ask the amazingly talented leccy types here what set up best suits your needs.

As for cox? Nowadays ..... if you can keep it quiet and have fun? Then I think it's best.

Thread: P51 forced landing Duxford 2017
20/05/2018 03:33:33

Full size is really not comparable when dealing with models.

The dynamics are similar but come on it's like comparing a jacknifing truck to a troubled indoor model.

Yes wheels up is best but obvious?

you can't compare a full size aircraft in difficulty to a model I don't care what you say.

Both fly, both have the laws of physics to contend with, but models are feather weight compared to the full size and as such are so much simpler.... ( not to mention the mortality rates) wink

We naturally connect our hobby to full size aviation as it's in our blood. And we know that 80 percent of our hobby mirrors full size, but please? Trying to compare full size dynamics in emergency situations? To our light weight Models? I don't see it.

Thread: Royal Wedding No Fly Zone
19/05/2018 02:58:25

The royal what? ..... yawn ..dont know

Thread: Radio systems
19/05/2018 02:55:50

Glenn, search this site, make sure you have a few days off work. wink

Thread: Electric Cars.
12/05/2018 05:34:09
Posted by Nigel R on 10/05/2018 15:36:08:

" the biggest step that could be taken to save the planet, is to have policies that reduce human populations."

The sticky part is getting people to agree with you, assuming you've managed to have a balanced discussion about about population level.

And let's not mention the Catholics.

please? Lock up this thread.

Thread: Show Off Your WOTs!
23/04/2018 00:20:43

Mine from 3 years ago.

img_0420.jpgimg_0053.jpg

Thread: Seagull Dual Ace Laser Build
11/04/2018 03:59:24

Children died in that incident... gets me when children are involved in any life limiting situation.

11/04/2018 03:45:25
Posted by Paul Marsh on 24/02/2018 12:16:34:

I have a C160 Transall and one engine quit on take-off, no-where to go and kept full power and full rudder to clear the hedge, cut the throttle as it flick-rolled, but leveled off and landed heavy in the field - the only damage was a bend wing tube and one wheel came off.

Twins are a great way to expand your skills - it would be boring if everything was easy. Engine-outs have killed full-size pilots, so not restricted to models. This is a classic ca

Edited By Paul Marsh on 24/02/2018 12:17:01

Paul, posting a vid of death and comparing it to our hobby? A "classic case" ?  Non comparable.......

Edited By Tom Thomas on 11/04/2018 03:48:12

Thread: NEW POLL! The 2018 Transmitter Survey!
10/04/2018 03:44:03

I think it's just a generalised poll and a bit of fun wink 2 it's not going to influence the market trends lads is it? cool

Thread: Swift 82
09/04/2018 03:53:05

Looks amazing, great job yes

Thread: Instruction Manuals How Useful?
08/04/2018 03:56:28

I once worked for a guy with a Phd in control engineering. He must have been profoundly dyslexic because his written work was unbelievably awful and I used to proof/edit it for him. How on earth he wrote his doctoral thesis I can't imagine. He must have had a lot of help. He still justified his doctorate however.

I hope I've misunderstood?

Thread: The plane that saved Britain
01/04/2018 03:43:55

Predicting thread lock

Thread: Peterf's 1/4 scale Falcon Models Tiger Moth
30/03/2018 03:52:00
Posted by Manish Chandrayan on 30/03/2018 03:15:11:
Fantastic looks like a proper Moth now.
But tell me where is the venturi? Hope you have not forgotten about that important piece of visible equipment

Ah, there's always one! cheeky

25/03/2018 00:10:57

Anymore progress on this? Interested to see the finished model!

Thread: And now for something completely different
19/03/2018 03:45:48

Great looking helicopter BEB! Watching with interest.

Is it me or do the plastic skids let a great looking heli down?

Thread: Electric Cars.
17/03/2018 04:22:03

Smoking is deemed bad, look at the modern view on it.

My twin brother (we were of two eggs) died of cystic fibrosis, nothing to do with pollution etc.

What annoys me is the anti smoking wagon, I smoke, but I do it outside, people who called for a smoking ban are in my opinion duplicitous, they bang on about the dangers of smoke and second hand smoke..... then they leave their smoke free pub......... get into a "car" and go home .

Wether poisoning others with their cars exhaust, or using an electric car (who's recycling is not yet quantifiable) we cannot continue with our current speed of advancement and attempt to be holier than though at the same time.

Thread: 35 mhz - any value
08/03/2018 03:46:37

The old view that using mobiles in hospitals would interfere with life saving equipment is just that, ....old.... my wife watches a well known doc on londons St. George's etc... and almost every episode shows people on phones.

So no peter, no need to move away from the patient.

07/03/2018 02:38:42

Looking really good! I have to admit that when I saw the early size of the nose I thought it looked a bit big, but everything's coming together nicely yes

Thread: End for Maplins?
28/02/2018 03:59:13

Could you link it Tom? Searched "maplins" but no exhaustive thread comes up?

Thread: Pedantic
26/02/2018 03:52:57

i don't understand the op's rant?

Do you have a window box?

Spring is coming and you could plant some bulbs.

Google Terrarium and really up the interest!

even visit your local library and ask for the book "if it's hot, should I poke it?"

im sure at the last straw there's a " look at you're knees," book, its interactive, look at you're knees after every online post, if they twitch you lose .cheeky

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues