By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Essjay

Here is a list of all the postings Essjay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Shaving
24/01/2017 22:16:22

I've tried several times over the years to grow a decent beard, but always end up looking like cross between "Compo" and Johnny Vegas! However I've also tried several brands of razor, and I've never found better than the Gillette Mach3.

Steve

Thread: Rolling Circles
11/01/2017 17:06:45

I can fly a rolling circle reasonably well, and also a one-roll circle, but I find I can only do it on a left hand circuit and rolling to the center of the circle blush

Any other direction ends up with it all going pear shaped sad

Steve

Thread: BMFA 'A' Test
09/01/2017 11:04:55

A commendable effort, however I noticed on several occasions you flew behind the pilot line, and on one occasion actually flew directly overhead the pilot position. I'm not an examiner, but I think that would be a no-no!

Steve

Thread: BMFA Country Members
08/01/2017 07:52:38

Just out of curiosity, do the AMA in the US have the equivalent of the BMFA's Country Members.

And do they get to vote?

Steve

Thread: Old Haltonians ( Halton - Brats / Trenchard Brats )
12/12/2016 19:05:16

What a shame, I only live 3 miles from Halton, and in my teens (many moons ago) I did my glider training there with 1113 ATC squadron. I also remember the excellent model shows there which I believe were put on by the Chesham club.

Thread: scale rc weightshift microlight
09/12/2016 16:52:36

Hats off to you Mark, that's a cracking model, extremely realistic.

Steve

Thread: Aliphatic glue and pipettes
09/12/2016 12:42:37

Same here, mine turned up yesterday taking 9 days. They're going to come in very handy by the look of them.

Steve

Thread: COMPUTER PROBLEMS
07/12/2016 11:54:52

Ernie, has your PC updated windows10 with the Anniversary update yet? My laptop was running very slow the other day and at times it looked as though it had locked up.

I managed to check the 'windows update' section when I finally got access, and realised it was trying to download the Anniversary update. I got no indication that this is what it was trying to do, so I just let it carry on and finish downloading and installing, which took around an hour and a half.

Steve

Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
06/12/2016 16:42:37

Didn't your mum tell you it's rude to point? wink

Thread: Terry Westrop
06/12/2016 11:07:02

Such sad news, I flew a couple of times with him, and always a gent. Sincere condolences to his family.

Steve

Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
29/11/2016 11:48:08

We were all in agreement, Fred had nailed the spot landing competition wink

Steve

Thread: Aliphatic glue and pipettes
28/11/2016 21:21:20
Posted by McG 6969 on 28/11/2016 17:25:28:

Hi Davey,

No, they weren't from eBay, but maybe you can find them there too. I'm not a big fan of the Bay as for small items postage is often more expensive than the bits themselves.

I've got mine from Banggood. Here's a link to them.

Postage is free but you have to be a little patient as shipping transit can take an average 15-20 days to Europe.

Have fun & cheers

Chris

I reckon they're gonna wonder what hit 'em, I just ordered a set too wink

Edited By Essjay on 28/11/2016 21:21:34

Thread: 2 o more lipos
04/11/2016 20:03:03

One thing I would also add is don't put your used lipo on charge immediately. Let it cool for a few minutes first.

Steve

Thread: naval ship scuppers my flying
22/10/2016 11:26:14

Maybe discretion was the best move in the circumstances, I would have left as well, just in case.

Steve

Thread: Malta
22/10/2016 11:11:25

On my last trip to Malta quite a few years ago now, we stayed in the 6 storey block of flats at the extreme right of your picture and our dive school used to be in the very left hand opening of the building at the very centre of the photo beneath the Guillieru hotel, but I believe they've since moved up to the high street.

All in all we stayed there 7 years in a row.......and loved it smiley

Steve

Thread: Elastic Flaps, what are they?
14/10/2016 07:26:40

I wonder if they actually mean "elastic spoilers", where the the flat plate spoilers on the wing top are hinged along their front edge, but are held flat against the wing by an elastic band (or spring). The spoiler is then opened by the action of a servo in the wing, using the servo arm as a cam, and are closed by the tension of the band.
I'm sure I've seen it done like this in the past.

edit: found this youtube link

**LINK**

Edited By Essjay on 14/10/2016 07:29:40

Thread: Micro Velcro
12/10/2016 17:29:36

Try Miniaviation.com, that's where I got my last lot.

Steve

Thread: Lazer Bond CA Glue TV ad
07/10/2016 07:27:27

You guys might want to check this out before parting with yor money!

**LINK**

Thread: Essential RC's videos
04/10/2016 16:52:16

That was an extremely well put together act. I shudder to think how much effort and time went into learning it. A couple of very talented heli pilots, not to mention the very talented dancers as well.

Considering that the dancers and pilots were back to back a lot of the time, the synchro was pretty much spot on. Helis really don't do it for me normally, but that was impressive.

Steve

Thread: This technique is traveling farther and farther
28/09/2016 12:16:55
Posted by Steve J on 28/09/2016 11:39:06:
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 27/09/2016 20:05:22:

... and that is why that company is of no small significance in leading us all to this.

The Mavic is below 800g and therefore wouldn't be affected by the proposed French law.

Steve

DJI have however actually confirmed themselves that the Mavic could be used in such a way as to breach the CAA's LOS rules, so even below 800g you could still be breaking the law!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Slec
Overlander
Advertise With Us
CML
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
Q: Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?

Dad
 Mum
 Partner
 Son
 Daughter
 Grandson
 Granddaughter
 Friends
 Other
 No-one else

Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues