By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Essjay

Here is a list of all the postings Essjay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Malta
11/03/2017 14:24:58

I agree Ken, tragic news. We used to dive a lot on Malta and Gozo, and there's a great site called the 'Blue Hole', right next to the Azure Window where you dive straight down then out into the sea right under the Window (worth googling or a visit).

Shudder to think what could have happened if a dive team had been underneath, although in weather like that it would have been very unlikely.

I'm jealous now, and wish I was going back to St Pauls bay wink. Have a great trip mate!

Steve

Edited By Essjay on 11/03/2017 14:26:12

Thread: Transferring photos from i phone 5 to album.
10/03/2017 20:00:41

Justin, I use a free app called 'Image File Converter' to convert screenshots to jpeg's. Give it a try wink

Steve

Thread: Shoreham AAIB Report Published
03/03/2017 22:11:36

One of the reports said the pilot was also qualified to display the Jet Provost, and that the flight envelope that the Hunter took was very similar to what the Provost would have taken eg. lower entry height, lower maximum height in the loop, and the Provost, using those parameters would have completed the manoeuvre safely.

One explanation put forward was that the pilot could have mixed up the flight capabilities of the two aircraft. Maybe we'll never know, as he has no recollection of what transpired.

Thread: RCM&E download price!!
02/03/2017 11:11:11

Josip, I have no problem with the usually excellent contents of the said magazine, my query is that I cannot see why there should be such a great variance in pricing for the different methods of distribution. wink

Steve

02/03/2017 10:06:02

Sorry kc, I should have qualified by saying I'm using the RCM&E app on the ipad to download the single issues. Maybe that's why it's so much more expensive wink

01/03/2017 16:47:44

Visited my local supermarket today and noticed the latest issue on the shelf, but thought I won't buy it now I'll download a copy when I get home.

Now considering the shelf price of the mag is £4.99, which in itself is not cheap, I was flabbergasted to find the online price for download is £6.99 surprise, and no plan!.

To say I was taken aback was an understatement, especially when I checked on the "other" well known RC mag, which can be downloaded for a bargain price of £3.99

I don't subscribe (used to) as I found I was only interesed in certain articles, so I'd buy issues which interested me.

Reckon I should have got one off the shelf after all!!

Thread: Gorilla Glue
14/02/2017 10:28:23
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/02/2017 10:25:17:

Oh dear - these jokes are a bit tacky aren't they?

BEB

Quite right, let's make it a 'sticky' !

13/02/2017 19:42:14
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 13/02/2017 19:12:19:

I am assured that no gorillas are hurt in the making of the glue these days - its afully sustainable eco-friendly operation I'm told!

But I have to add that I take my hat off to those brave souls who go out there to milk the gorillas for the glue so that we can use it. Amazing people.

BEB

And they really DO have to be brave, as I have it on good authority that they get the glue from the male gorillas wink

Thread: Latest WOT 4
05/02/2017 18:38:45

When I say 'tempting', I don't belong to a club at the moment, and most of my flying is done in the smallish local park. The mini will do me nicely in the meantime wink

05/02/2017 17:47:45
Posted by Concorde Speedbird on 05/02/2017 16:12:10:

There's a mini one too.

* * LINK * *

Oooh! Now that's tempting.

Thread: Aldi bargains
31/01/2017 15:51:02
Posted by Martian on 31/01/2017 15:22:45:

Ah well it seemed good value for an impulse buy

Yep, I would have done the same

31/01/2017 14:03:23

Gorilla glue (60ml) £3.92 + free postage on Amazon.uk wink

Thread: uploading photos to Album
27/01/2017 11:09:23

Hi Colin, I use an app called 'Image File Converter' on my ipad. I can't remember offhand, but I think it's a free app.

Steve

Thread: Shaving
24/01/2017 22:16:22

I've tried several times over the years to grow a decent beard, but always end up looking like cross between "Compo" and Johnny Vegas! However I've also tried several brands of razor, and I've never found better than the Gillette Mach3.

Steve

Thread: Rolling Circles
11/01/2017 17:06:45

I can fly a rolling circle reasonably well, and also a one-roll circle, but I find I can only do it on a left hand circuit and rolling to the center of the circle blush

Any other direction ends up with it all going pear shaped sad

Steve

Thread: BMFA 'A' Test
09/01/2017 11:04:55

A commendable effort, however I noticed on several occasions you flew behind the pilot line, and on one occasion actually flew directly overhead the pilot position. I'm not an examiner, but I think that would be a no-no!

Steve

Thread: BMFA Country Members
08/01/2017 07:52:38

Just out of curiosity, do the AMA in the US have the equivalent of the BMFA's Country Members.

And do they get to vote?

Steve

Thread: Old Haltonians ( Halton - Brats / Trenchard Brats )
12/12/2016 19:05:16

What a shame, I only live 3 miles from Halton, and in my teens (many moons ago) I did my glider training there with 1113 ATC squadron. I also remember the excellent model shows there which I believe were put on by the Chesham club.

Thread: scale rc weightshift microlight
09/12/2016 16:52:36

Hats off to you Mark, that's a cracking model, extremely realistic.

Steve

Thread: Aliphatic glue and pipettes
09/12/2016 12:42:37

Same here, mine turned up yesterday taking 9 days. They're going to come in very handy by the look of them.

Steve

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
CML
SHREK
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What's the main radio brand you use? (2017)
Q: What's the main radio brand you use?

FrSky
 Turnigy
 Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 JR
 Spektrum
 Graupner
 Jeti
 Other

Latest Reviews