By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Tee

Here is a list of all the postings John Tee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
19/03/2018 18:24:50

No Problem

19/03/2018 12:20:28

Geoff. Go to settings on the top bar. Scroll down passed your address and it is there

Thread: Sir Ken Dodd
12/03/2018 17:00:45

Always wanted to see Ken live but by the time you heard of his show coming it was sold out. Agree with all the above bar one.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
10/03/2018 17:51:25

My mistake ( one of many probably) was to predict what I wanted to happen , not what would be likely to happen. Willhave to try and be more realistic this year. Bring on Melbourne.

09/03/2018 22:09:47

Erfolg. If I remember correctly I was in last position in the league from start to finish, I did creep up from the bottom in a few races but I stayed at rock bottom in the league. I hope to do better this year.

08/03/2018 16:19:44

Made my selections and predictions. Had money left in the bank last year but spent it all this year on drivers and lesser cars than I would have preferred. 75 million don't go far does it?

07/03/2018 23:17:11

I can't do any worse than last year can I?

Thread: Help wanted in locating a forum member
02/03/2018 19:42:00

PatMc. Thats the guy. He sent me a pm and I replied by pm.

02/03/2018 10:03:19

Hi BEB. Not a problem. Just wondered what was going on. In my case the same question was asked of me twice and then someone else and then the answer not looked at. Frustrating!!

02/03/2018 08:56:02

I would be interested to know if BEB can help as I had the same thing myself. Someone ask for info and didn't read my reply, then asked the same question a short time later. I put out a request on the forum to see if anyone knew him.I forget who replied that they had had the same request and his reply was not read either.

Thread: Spring 2018 is here...been flying?
01/03/2018 19:19:47

I see in the travel news you had snow today Simon near Corbiere. Should be some up on your field.

Thread: SLEC
28/02/2018 21:38:21

Tom Sharp 2.

I was not so much praising SLEC for their quick service, I knew this from other posts. The fact was from where I live in West Sussex there was only 15mm of snow but all the news reports were saying the east coastal areas were going to be innundated with snow and to get my bits that quickly was good service assuming that they got anywhere near the snow forecast. There are other threads for complaining about lack of service. As my tenpin bowling has been cancelled tommorrow due to the threat of snow and two other events I was going to at the weekend have also been cancelled I can now spend some extra productive time in my workshop due to some strangers to me doing their jobs very efficiently.

Keep praising good service.

27/02/2018 17:37:09

I ordered some bits and pieces from SLEC Sunday evening. Monday I had an email to say the bits had been dispatched. Considering the snowy weather forecast for the east coast I thought there might be a delay getting the parts. 3.15 this afternoon a plain white van pulled up outside and my package arrived. It was a large package as there was a 1200 x 400 sheet inside plus various strip wood. Extremely well packed. Well done to Slec and TNT couriers (according to the label), if the weather was as bad in Norfolk as forecast. My first time using their mail order system and now on my list of suppliers.

Thread: The WORST plane you ever had?
21/02/2018 20:05:00

My worst model is a Radian Pro electric glider. Takes off ok but the slight amount of aileron and it sticks its nose down. Rechecked the CG several times and cut down the movement but no better. Before the summer hopefully comes I will go back to basic and try resetting the controls. Others have said this model is good so must be my setup.

Thread: plans
21/02/2018 14:36:26

I couldn't get the screen shot that Caveman posted. After downloading the latest version of Acrobat complete with McAffe that I had to remove, managed to get the print screen as above. Couldn't find the "poster" button at first but on reloading the pdf it appeared and I hit the print button. Waited for all the pages to print out and checked them only tofind the toner had run out and I had lots of paper with little or no printing. Isn't life wonderful. Thanks for all your suggestion, at least I know what to do in future - take up knitting!!

21/02/2018 08:45:46

Caveman . Thanks for that, will have ago later. I guessed I was missing something simple. I think cu I only got my HP print screen not the one you show. More investigation required. I'm sure my Acrobat is fairly up to date.

19/02/2018 20:35:06

Alex. I will have a look on their site.

Patmc. I have just tried to tile the plan but obviously doing something wrong. Enlarged the pdf to 100%, looked about right on screen, but when printed I had 1 x A4 sheet with the whole plan at the same size as the pdf download. Same when I scaled to 400%, so I am being a bit thick at the moment. I thought I would have to tile as many A4's as needed but can't find a way at the moment. Will try again later when I've sorted out a sound problem on the tele - some hopes.

Thanks for your inputs gents.

19/02/2018 19:03:00

Peter, I did download a file for waveguide - one of my early S/c models - from Outerzone. Not sure the best way to scale it up to the correct size. Could try Office Outlet again.

19/02/2018 15:15:25

Not really a model supplier.

I recently bought a part kit from Belair to build a Veron Robot. After a lot of searching in the wrong places I found my 2 copies of the plan, both a bit tatty. I spent some time sticking the plans back together and covering the cuts and tears. Took the better one into Office Outlet (formerly Staples) and asked them to do me two copies. The lady said she couldn't guarantee the quality as the original was "quite old", try 40 plus years! The result was great and if anything clearer than the original on white paper (the original was on yellow, not due to age or sun exposure). Extremely pleased as I now have two original and two working plans. All for £6.00. Will look at more older plans to copy

Thread: RCM&E March 2018 issue
12/02/2018 20:11:41

Thanks David. I don't remember getting that but I am well behind with my mags. Will have a look in the pile.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues