By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Broken Prop

Here is a list of all the postings Broken Prop has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9
29/03/2017 10:40:57

Thanks Frank. It looks like I have some catching up to do. yes

Pete

28/03/2017 18:44:22

'...allows you to lock a Rx to specific model memories...'

I'm going to show my ignorance and ask wazzat then?

Also where do you find Safe Link on the updated Profi?

Also, how do you find out what the latest TX upgrade does? I can't find an explanation anywhere.

Told you I was ignorant. wink

Pete

Edited By Broken Prop on 28/03/2017 18:45:05

Thread: BMFA Buckminster Early Summer sport fly-in
18/03/2017 08:59:39

Ditto thumbs up

Thread: Thumbs, sticks and a strange habit??
18/03/2017 08:56:39

I have just gone over to a tray type transmitter from a 'thumbs on top' type. At first it felt very strange and I found that I overcorrected the stick movements until I stopped thinking about what the sticks were doing and concentrated on what the plane was doing!

I noticed that I instinctively rested my hands on the TX, using just the thumb, index finger and second finger to move the sticks. Supporting the hands also gave me reference points by which to gauge the amount of stick movement and also to steady my fingers. With the hands unsupported stick movements tended to be a bit random!

The downside of the tray type TX is that I find it difficult to adjust the trims as I do not have spare digits in the right place. I will get used to it in the end but you know what they say about teaching old dogs......

Thread: Kavan or other good qualty ball joints and clevises
06/03/2017 07:46:11

Graupner still make quality M2 quick links and (I think) ball joints.

Thread: Am I drinking too much?
03/03/2017 19:51:31

So glad that you are making good progress Ted. I am very pleased for you and wish you every success. The first couple of weeks are the worst and It gets easier the longer you are off the sauce.

Beware of substitutes though. Mine was crisps and I ate the South East out of them. Now I have to lose weight (sigh).

Please let us know how you get on, but it sounds like you are over the hill now.

With best wishes for the future.

Pete.

Thread: PowerBox Talk
27/02/2017 18:31:20

Not quite. I use a Digiswitch with a two cell LiFe battery to power 4.8 volt servos. Works a treat.

Pete

Thread: You May Call It Bodging, I Call It Engineering A Solution!
24/02/2017 13:11:13

Ah David, I am proud of you! You are a true aero modeller. thumbs up

Pete

Thread: I knew I shouldn't be modelling when...
20/02/2017 22:34:53

I am relieved to know that it is not just me.

Building my Peter Miller Sky Rover this afternoon I fabricated brackets for the undercarriage, checked that they were on the right way round, then checked again prior to soldering.

Moving on to the next stage I wondered why the axles were pointing the wrong way. Yup! I'd manged to solder the wretched brackets on the wrong way round. Guess what tomorrow's job is.....

incidentlaly, it is a nice build Peter. I am really enjoying it and the rugged construction will compliment my (ahem) landing technique.

Pete

20/02/2017 22:19:55

Hi Ted

So pleased that you are making progress. Keep at it and the rewards will be yours (as you are already finding). The longer you stick at it, the easier it gets, believe me!

I am with you all the way

Pete

Thread: Lancaster low Pass
16/02/2017 09:16:03

Wow!

Thread: Cocklebarrow Farm 2017
15/02/2017 22:21:50

Are there any dates available for this year?

(Nothing on SAM35 at the moment)

15/02/2017 11:55:11

Well done Ted. You have taken the first step towards recovery and I mean recovery. I used to have an alcohol dependency, drinking around 60 units a week. I finally ended up in hospital with alcoholic hepatitus, losing a stone in weight in 10 days and wondering if I was going to survive.

I did, took it as a wake up call and gave up drinking. It is the hardest thing I have ever done having been a life long toper, but it has been worth all the pain, frustration and need for a drink. (You don't know you need a drink until you can't have one. It gnaws at you).

Three years later I feel better than I have for years. I am more active, have more patience and am able to cope with life. I still have trouble losing weight but that could be the subject for another thread!

Good luck Ted. I am with you all the way.

Pete

Thread: Tony Nijhuis 72 Mosquito Build Log
13/02/2017 13:53:58

That is coming on really well Geoff! I like your CAD exhaust stubs.

Pete

Thread: Can You Name ALL These WW 2 Aircraft?
12/02/2017 12:02:52

47 for me. A good quiz with some really obscure types in there!

Thread: BMFA Nationals notice
04/02/2017 18:46:16

Now THAT has made my day!

Many thanks to the BMFA for their ongoing efforts on our behalf.

Edited By Broken Prop on 04/02/2017 18:46:49

Thread: Steve Webb Models
04/02/2017 14:27:44

Nice people to do business with. Always helpful and if there is a delay with the order, they have always phoned to let me know.

First class service!

Thread: Cutting sheet balsa into strips
04/02/2017 14:23:50

That's clever Peter and like all good ideas, very simple! I use a balsa stripper for the thin sections and the sheet rising up the blade can be a problem.

Problem no more!

For thicker sections I use a band saw with a fence. I made myself a series of hardwood template strips (on a key ring to keep them together), which can be inserted between the blade and the fence. Makes setting up the saw very easy and you always have the templates to hand.

I also produce triangular strip on the bandsaw using a simple timber jig.

Thread: Can you identify this slope soarer?
02/02/2017 12:35:52

Beat me to it Pete!

02/02/2017 12:35:12

Is it a Chris Foss Phase 6?

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
SHREK
Overlander
Skip Model April
CML
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us