By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Broken Prop

Here is a list of all the postings Broken Prop has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: You May Call It Bodging, I Call It Engineering A Solution!
24/02/2017 13:11:13

Ah David, I am proud of you! You are a true aero modeller. thumbs up

Pete

Thread: I knew I shouldn't be modelling when...
20/02/2017 22:34:53

I am relieved to know that it is not just me.

Building my Peter Miller Sky Rover this afternoon I fabricated brackets for the undercarriage, checked that they were on the right way round, then checked again prior to soldering.

Moving on to the next stage I wondered why the axles were pointing the wrong way. Yup! I'd manged to solder the wretched brackets on the wrong way round. Guess what tomorrow's job is.....

incidentlaly, it is a nice build Peter. I am really enjoying it and the rugged construction will compliment my (ahem) landing technique.

Pete

Thread: Am I drinking too much?
20/02/2017 22:19:55

Hi Ted

So pleased that you are making progress. Keep at it and the rewards will be yours (as you are already finding). The longer you stick at it, the easier it gets, believe me!

I am with you all the way

Pete

Thread: Lancaster low Pass
16/02/2017 09:16:03

Wow!

Thread: Cocklebarrow Farm 2017
15/02/2017 22:21:50

Are there any dates available for this year?

(Nothing on SAM35 at the moment)

Thread: Am I drinking too much?
15/02/2017 11:55:11

Well done Ted. You have taken the first step towards recovery and I mean recovery. I used to have an alcohol dependency, drinking around 60 units a week. I finally ended up in hospital with alcoholic hepatitus, losing a stone in weight in 10 days and wondering if I was going to survive.

I did, took it as a wake up call and gave up drinking. It is the hardest thing I have ever done having been a life long toper, but it has been worth all the pain, frustration and need for a drink. (You don't know you need a drink until you can't have one. It gnaws at you).

Three years later I feel better than I have for years. I am more active, have more patience and am able to cope with life. I still have trouble losing weight but that could be the subject for another thread!

Good luck Ted. I am with you all the way.

Pete

Thread: Tony Nijhuis 72 Mosquito Build Log
13/02/2017 13:53:58

That is coming on really well Geoff! I like your CAD exhaust stubs.

Pete

Thread: Can You Name ALL These WW 2 Aircraft?
12/02/2017 12:02:52

47 for me. A good quiz with some really obscure types in there!

Thread: BMFA Nationals notice
04/02/2017 18:46:16

Now THAT has made my day!

Many thanks to the BMFA for their ongoing efforts on our behalf.

Edited By Broken Prop on 04/02/2017 18:46:49

Thread: Steve Webb Models
04/02/2017 14:27:44

Nice people to do business with. Always helpful and if there is a delay with the order, they have always phoned to let me know.

First class service!

Thread: Cutting sheet balsa into strips
04/02/2017 14:23:50

That's clever Peter and like all good ideas, very simple! I use a balsa stripper for the thin sections and the sheet rising up the blade can be a problem.

Problem no more!

For thicker sections I use a band saw with a fence. I made myself a series of hardwood template strips (on a key ring to keep them together), which can be inserted between the blade and the fence. Makes setting up the saw very easy and you always have the templates to hand.

I also produce triangular strip on the bandsaw using a simple timber jig.

Thread: Can you identify this slope soarer?
02/02/2017 12:35:52

Beat me to it Pete!

02/02/2017 12:35:12

Is it a Chris Foss Phase 6?

Thread: Now what
02/02/2017 12:30:20

Just be careful if you are intending to use the Humbrol paints as a guide. The paint colours are accurate but sometimes the colours on the tin lids are not and do not match the contents.

If the colour code is for 'Dunkelgrau' or similar official colour, then the colour on the lid is irrelevant but if the colour is just a number code, problems can occur.

Don't ask me how I know.

Pete

Thread: Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
10/01/2017 17:54:27

My cat likes to help me by laying on the plans, but I am not sure that counts.....

Thread: OS FS81-a Alpha destruction
30/12/2016 12:03:31

Hi Timothy

Sorry to read about the demise of your OS81. As a matter of interest, were you running the engine inverted in the airframe?

Thread: Tony Nijhuis 72 Mosquito Build Log
03/12/2016 20:10:12

Lovely work Geoff. I can't wait to see the finished item!

Thread: Wing Tubing
29/11/2016 20:48:12

I bought a suitable tube for use as a wing joiner recently from metals4u.co.uk. It arrived the following day.

Thread: Suitable plane for an Enya 19
23/11/2016 06:09:28

embarrassedembarrassed

22/11/2016 18:46:56

Thanks to PatMc for the pictures of the piston deflector on the Enya 19. What a wondrous device, the likes of which I have never seen in an IC engine until now! Incidentally with the help of the test articles I have positively identified the engine as a model 19V-BB TV. and I can clearly see the deflector through the exhaust port as suggested.

I am looking forward to bench running this little gem and I will be using 5% nitro with 20% castor whilst keeping well away from the castor/synthetic discussion.dont know

Thanks for the glow plug advice as well. I was going to use an OS F plug but I will obtain an Enya plug for it, 'just in case'.

As to the choice of air frame, I am overwhelmed by the infinite choice available and am now buying Hob Nobs in bulk. I had no idea what a bottomless pit was going to open up before me when I asked the original question.

Many thanks to all for the comprehensive advice, from which I have learned an awful lot! This really is an amazing forum.

Pete

Edited By Broken Prop on 22/11/2016 18:48:16

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Slec
CML
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What's the main radio brand you use? (2017)
Q: What's the main radio brand you use?

FrSky
 Turnigy
 Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 JR
 Spektrum
 Graupner
 Jeti
 Other

Latest Reviews