By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lindsay Todd

Here is a list of all the postings Lindsay Todd has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Woodpecker
24/11/2017 08:11:50

HI Guys to answer a few questions raised, re stretching the wing yes section does not change so just two additional ribs could be added or more if you wish of course. RE power set up 400watts would be best for flat field flying as a minimum, always easier to throttle back, if your flying slope then you could probably get away with 300watts as a get home safely sought of option.

Kevin, I would think that power set up should be fine, I tend to go for lower RPM and larger props these days as a bit more efficient with draggy models so 900-1000kv 500 watts would have been a preference on 3-4 cells.

I / we debated covering the fuselage with stringers and fabric but felt the extra weight would penalise and to be honest just liked the open structure as its a bit different.

Hand launching really not a problem, but if concerned just get a mate to give her a chuck.

The motor in the second prototype came straight out of a Parkzone Trojan just for insight

sorry for the delayed response, I'll not bore you with the details but hate computers! Linds

Thread: Leicester Model Centre Hawk?
14/11/2017 13:13:46

Second model was the LMC Gnatty Sports 60" straight wing, They did a trainer with dihedral and then the Super Gnatty with anhedral. Mine flew with an OS45 as I recall. I actually have a Super Gnatty for restoration in the workshop if I ever get the chance. Loved it great model but was a bit heavy. LMC did a good range as also had the Hawk and the Phantom, they also did a Harrier that looked very challenging when I saw one fly at Woodvale back in the early 1980's. Linds

Thread: Lockheed Vega
26/10/2017 10:56:05

Hi Nigel from memory about 15-20mm up and down on the elevator, I also use about 50% exponentional (-50% if your a Futaba user like me). Short nose means changes up front can affect the cg position so always best to double check. Have fun. Linds

Thread: Engine choice for flair puppeteer
06/09/2017 12:55:12

I think we have all called the Puppeteer a Pup, and of course you are quite correct its a bit of a cartoon scale in truth. I actually always thought it was much closer in proportion to the Sopwith Strutter and could be easily adapted with the additional centre strut, moving the cockpit forward and adding the rear gunner as well. Would make a great little project actually if I ever come across a kit. Great flying model on anything from 52 to 70 4stroke. Personally I would go for the 70 size for the bonus useable added weight in the right place. Linds

Thread: Microflight
28/08/2017 22:36:19

Good to actually get a bit of model building done, the model is actually just about ready for its maiden but we have had all sorts of issues with internet and phone lines going down due to the building work going on at home of late and just finding 10 minutes seems a huge task in its own right. Builders finish this week so at least we get the house back to ourselves then but of course now its time to decorate. I keep saying to myself it will be worth it in the end. Will update the blog as soon as time allows. Linds

Thread: Danny's "poor mans Spitty"
28/08/2017 22:30:37

Well done Danny, wish I could have been there. Linds

Thread: Simon's Skywriter Build
14/08/2017 10:39:17

Lovely Job, Simon, so glad you are happy with her. Linds

Thread: Microflight
31/07/2017 08:26:01

Well something I have wanted to do for a while and since larger projects are still having to take a back seat thought I would try and get this one done, I guess the name sort of gives it away. There has been a very successful weight shift design done but I wanted to go for something simpler but retain some character but with sport flying capability so here goes.

wplan 20may16.jpg

As you can see fairly simple layout, span around 57 inches with 300watt power target off 3-4 cell lipo. Lots of progress already so blog will be sort of a catch up. So here is the fuz all built on the bench

s4000006.jpg

Linds

Thread: Harrier Jump Jet- The aeromodelling Holy Grail !!!!
06/07/2017 21:59:21

Very impressive Tony, that's quite an achievement

Lindsay

Thread: Greenacres 2017
30/06/2017 08:29:00

Given the weather going to come down early Sat morning, thought I'd bring the old Flair Stearman and blow some dust off her for a change and grab a few photos as well. Linds

28/06/2017 10:56:24

Hope to travel down late Friday, leave late Saturday as other commitment Sunday, Linds

Thread: Vintage Cambria Catalogue scans
27/06/2017 15:22:52

I had a Grumman Traveller for years and the CFI was my second model, happy days. My Dad also had a CFI and flew it for years until it became horribly fuel soaked, one afternoon while flying he saw something fall off it, the engine cut and he glided down safely walked over to pick the model up and found that the engine had actually fallen out mid flight hence the engine cut! We found it but I don't recall him fixing it, shame, great flyer.

Thread: Weston Park 2017
18/06/2017 15:43:10

Well thoroughly enjoyed Weston Park yesterday, never seen the crowds so big and the flight line filled with such variety. Good variety of trade stands and plenty on offer to look at. Some people have said to expensive but I can't help thinking you get what you pay for sometimes and Weston seemed to offer a lot for the money. My wife was with me and thoroughly enjoyed the day too including a wander around the house and gardens which were superb.

a few pics

weston 1.jpg

weston 2.jpg

weston 3.jpg

weston 6.jpg

weston 5.jpg

Roll on Weston 2018!

Thread: Lindsay Todd's Fred - RCM&E April 2017
28/05/2017 23:59:28

Hi Bertrand, the wing section was simply the scale section from the drawings I had and a straight line drawn from trailing to leading edge to remove the under camber. As simple as that really just to make construction a little easier. It probably does have a reference code or someone will have laid claim to defining its or very similar performance but I have not bothered to track it down or define it as so often in model scales the potential performance figures become a little 'vague' in the real world so I tend to stick with practical evidence and a common sense approach. Linds

Thread: Tim's Skywriter Build
16/05/2017 10:32:23

All original movement correct I always use about 25-30% expo so that's a good idea, beautiful scheme and build good luck with the maiden. Linds

Thread: Greenacres 2017
14/05/2017 21:12:52

Nice pics Tim, I have about 1200 now to filter down, I think well put the Ukele concert world tour on hold till next year, Chris can keep his ear plugs safe till then. Joking aside I was genuinely impressed and cheers for letting me embarrass myself albeit in relative privacy,

see you guys soon

Linds

10/05/2017 22:08:51
Posted by Tim Hooper on 24/02/2017 07:58:37:
Posted by Lindsay Todd on 23/02/2017 23:38:14:

Excellent can do all 3 for once Linds

And me! Bring your guitar, OK?

tim

What in public, I'm not sure people are ready for that.

Thread: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
25/04/2017 13:09:30

Much prefer building from plans either my own or other peoples as I enjoy the challenge of the build plus I just like doing things my way, always an irritation with an artf and some kits I have built when the chosen route seems to be in opposition to my own thoughts. Linds

Thread: I think i have found my next build project
13/04/2017 23:52:56

Well that looks right up your street Stephen. Linds

Thread: Jonathon Livingston Seagull
08/04/2017 18:33:23

Wonderful book, still have a copy from when I was a kid. Linds

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues