By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Miller

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Miller has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
25/09/2017 08:12:42

Hi Geoff.

No, the person that I built it for only flies electric. Maybe I should build a much bigger one with an SC 30 FS!!

Wing loading includes a 2200 Mah battery.

24/09/2017 18:56:04

Easter Eagle Mk 3

Just finished this yesterday. One of my very old designs but actually build for a friend. Originals powered by 21 Turn Buggy motors and 7 cell nicads. Now uses the same power as my Kitehawk.

Span 55.Area over 600 sq .in. Wing loading 8 oz per sq. ft.

Based on Eagle and Vulture plan forms And yes, it does work well.

easter eagle mk3 2.jpg

easter eagle mk3.jpg

Thread: New canopy?
24/09/2017 18:45:46

If you use balsa as your plug face it with thin ply to stop the corners crushing. I use cheap co-op lemonade bottles as they have fewer ribs which will always show up on the final moulding.

Thread: A new and nasty scam
23/09/2017 08:37:46

There is a new and nasty scam now. It should not affect people with average caution but could really worry some people.

I got a long recorded message on my phone telling me that it was from HM Customs and Revenue and that There was a serious legal case against me and that if I didn't call the number I would be in court and would be facing serious legal consequences.

I was instantly suspicious as I was pretty sure the HM customs and Revenue would have to send out letters first but I did check with my accountant. They had not hear of it but the chap that I spoke to said someone he knew had had a similar call

The trouble is that some elderly people could easily get very worried by this and actually phone back on the number given.

I have the message on my answer phone. Pity that they use a recording as otherwise I could give them a detailed description of their genetics and ancestry

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
21/09/2017 13:01:55

I always say that one should wear Pampers

Thread: The 2018 Mass Build Ideas thread
21/09/2017 08:10:54

Hi Rob.

Yes, I can do a dfx file for you. I always use Compufoil these days for wings. PM me you email address.

Hi i12fly

Yes, the Fletcher Defender was areally nice model. They recently republished it in Flying Scale Models.

It flew well, the flaps worked a treat and so did the bomb drop. The only problem is that as far as I know, no one ever made a canopy for it.

The pattern is huge but once that is made a gallon spring water bottle can be shrunk over it.

I built my pattern with central former and end formers and then cement and plaster. I weighed a ton

Thread: new plans site
21/09/2017 07:46:35

I could design a model in the time it takes for that site to download

Thread: Fokker D8
20/09/2017 18:30:00

Looks very nice.

Thread: im not sure what to make of this
20/09/2017 08:22:09

I think it crashed because one pilot had throttel and rudder and the other ailerons and elevator or some such combination.

Brings to mind the saying, "Why be awkward when, with a little more trouble, you can be ruddy impossible"

Thread: Caption competition!
19/09/2017 18:15:17

Flying in the car park will get you banned from the club

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
19/09/2017 15:28:46

Spot on.

The trouble with most of us is that we think of the perfect answer two days later

Thread: Completed Ballerina's Gallery
19/09/2017 08:05:23

Looks pretty good to me too

Thread: RC model aircraft design book?
18/09/2017 18:26:05

The book on Aerodynamics for you is Flight Without Formulae by Kermode. First written in the 30s it is still in print. Look at Amazon.

If you can find it buy The Old Buzzards book on Soaring by Dave Thornburg,The best book on how to soar and designing gliders.

18/09/2017 09:36:31

I can't tell you how much the set of parts for Destiny would cost.

I don't digitise my plans. I draw them out on tracing paper and take them to the local Office supply shop and have copies and/or PDF files done.

I can do dfx files on the ribs but don't often do that.

I don't have a lot of the plans now as I cannot store them all. but I have the recent ones and all the full size plans from the magazines.

Thread: An aeromodelling moment.
18/09/2017 09:27:56

Yes, It is moments like that that really make the day.

Thread: Completed Ballerina's Gallery
18/09/2017 09:05:10
Posted by David Hayward. on 17/09/2017 22:57:40:

Well finally, its only been about 18 months, here is a video of my Ballerina - this is maiden +6 and is without the take-off as I was ground crew and cameraman - model flown by Derek, one of our clubs many competent pilots; hope to be there some day.

Edited By David Hayward. on 17/09/2017 22:58:11

Very nice. Glad to see her. I will say that the only time mine flies straight and level is when she is inverted.

Thread: latex pilots
16/09/2017 13:27:43

Those latex pilots do develop leprosy or something similar. I wont touch them now.

16/09/2017 11:17:50
Posted by Craig Thomas on 16/09/2017 09:52:16:

Where would be buy these plans from? Just tried looking for Peter Millers cap plan but for some reason my hobby store directs me to traplet and there page says website closed? Have I missed something whilst I've been away"?

Yes, Traplet went to the wall but the plans will become available soon as the plans and parts have been taken over. Just look for the thread on Traplet.

Thread: What's flying over your house
16/09/2017 09:15:46
Posted by Dave Bran on 16/09/2017 09:11:47:

There is no automatic link here between sightings and BBMF, and (bluntly!) posting THE Spitfire and THE Hurricane is just potentially offering confusion unless certain they WERE BBMF planes, which was not established.

There are a number of Spitfires and a Hurricane and a ME109E (with the "right" engine, not a Buchon!) currently stabled at Biggin Hill Hangar. They are flight worthy and have no connection to the BBMF planes. I saw at least one of each take off so might suggest it was more likely that it was them you saw.

Funny. I thought that the only Lancaster was in the BBMF

16/09/2017 08:36:57

Well at least it would seem that they have sorted the fault with the Merlins.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
SHREK
Overlander
CML
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us