By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Miller

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Miller has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Pilot Quick build Hawker Hurricane mk1 kit
22/07/2017 08:32:06

Ah Yes, Those Pilot kits. I built a few. The Tiger Moth was Brilliant. WE flew from a strip with a full size Tiger Moth and some neighbour mistook mine with a four stroke for the full size. The full size was in the hangar with its tailplane off at the time.

I did develop a very severe allergy to the liquid glue supplied for the cowlings and before I realised what the problem was I ended up blind for over three days. Very frightening!!

Thread: whats safest and why
21/07/2017 08:08:05

A is obviously safer.

If set up B was used the planes should point OUT of the area, NOT inwards.

Having twice seen the results of propellors coming off a model no one should be in front of a model.

In both the above cases it was the owner ofthe model who suffered.

That was merely a 40 fourstroke prop through a thick jacket, a fleece and shirt.

The other one was a prop off a .30 four stroke whch hit the modeller's hand. Four stitches to seal the vein and five stitches to sew up the flesh.

Thread: Traplet
21/07/2017 07:51:53

Wings and Wheels was started by Traplet. I am not sure if there is still a connection

20/07/2017 21:02:48

Traplet did theirown cutting out but I do wonder about their wood supplier.

Thread: Looking for someone to make an ARTF, PNP!
20/07/2017 18:19:58

I just wonder if you are also going to need flight tuition.

20/07/2017 18:17:20

I recently submitted a new plan to RCMW.

It won't be anywhere in line for publication so when I know what is going on it might be coming back here,

miss honky2.jpg

Thread: This film should cover most flying disciplines
20/07/2017 14:40:29

I will now worry about all the pigeons that roost in my trees.

20/07/2017 12:18:32
Posted by kevin b on 20/07/2017 10:50:46:

kc.

The plans archive is a "tangible asset", so they add value to the publication if anyone is interested. Failing that, the best place for the receivers to dispose of them (they are very bulky and heavy) would be the BMFA. they (now) have the space and the plans do have great historical value in the context of our hobby (not forgetting model boats as well).

These days plans are stored as PDF or similar files so no bulky storage needed.

Thread: Credit where credits due
19/07/2017 14:35:44

ACtually some plastic parts do go brittle. Afew years ago a batch of control horns suddenly went brittle. I lost my Ooodalally due to that.

I was told that when companies buy batches of plastic they are probably recycled plastic and no one knows what is in it. As they age they can go brittle.

I now make waggling the plastic part of my regular servicing. Have not had any since.

This could account for the wheels breaking up.

19/07/2017 08:20:32

I ordered locking Prop nut from Inwoods on Sunday evening. They too arrived on Tuesday Morning.

Real model companies now that aeromodellers want their stuff yesterday or the day before and try to mee that need

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
18/07/2017 18:08:26

Very good Cymaz but not as hilarious I am afraid

18/07/2017 11:48:34

This is great!!!

**LINK**

Thread: Man on the moon. Really?
18/07/2017 11:44:51

Well we all have our own opinions.

So lets move on the planned Mars landing.

I have great news for everyone. If you want the true story of the Mars landing buy a copy of the DVD Capricorn One.

IT is a pity that they released it about 40 years too soon but I am sure that the conspiracy theorists will hold that film up as proof that they never landed on Mars.

Thread: Electric Round The Pole
17/07/2017 13:48:57

. I went to the ME Exhibition for the first time in 1954. It was the Horticultural Hall then.

The RTP was done buy the RAF I think and they had Hunters powered by compressed air with thin hoses down the line. I also seem to remember that they had a system of little flaps on the "airfield" that could be raised and when the aircratf landed the flaps came up and guided them off the runway and back to parking area.

Come on, others must rmember that. it was only 63 years ago!!cheeky

17/07/2017 12:11:08

I am not sure how true it is but I have heard that the average modern digital watch has more computing power that Apollo 13.

I look forward to being corrected.

Thread: Portable workshop Survey
17/07/2017 11:12:26

one the survey, obviously i.c. modellers will have different needs to electric.

I doubt if anyone does repairs on the field but gluinh a loose tailplane back down with epoxy is reasonable.

In the old days of free flight a few bits of scrap balsa and balsa cement came in handy very often. You could do avery quick and effetive repair of torn tissue with balsa cement.

Peronally I have reduced my field kit down and down to save weight.

17/07/2017 08:04:59

One thing that the conspiracy crew never mention.

They brought back moon rock. Various institutions were given samples. I believe that the Russians were given some as well

If it had just been lumps of material from earth everyone and especially the Russians would ave been screaming "Fake" from day one.

Thread: First build and hit a filler problem.
15/07/2017 14:40:57

I doubt if the resin will have any effect on the filler. Especially once it has dried.. However why not try a little filler on a piee ofscrap balsa and test the resin on that.. Normal procedure for testing the reaction of any liquids and plastics etc.

Thread: Andys 120% ballerina
13/07/2017 16:19:50

On 99% of my designs the CG is at 25% chord back from the leading edge. So that should makeit about 2 5/8" back

I would go and look at the plan but I have spent the afternoon trying to get the cutter belt back on the club mower, That took an hour and 50 yards into cutting it came off again. Shattered now

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
13/07/2017 11:34:24

no-o-o-.jpg

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
TJD Models
SHREK
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us