By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Miller

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Miller has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chris's Bella Ballerina HD
26/05/2017 18:48:09

Hi Chris.

Are you doing ghe CG test with the model inverted? No good trying it with the model the right way up.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
26/05/2017 14:08:37

That looks really nice Peter

Thread: Name
25/05/2017 08:27:27

A side view would be very helpful Plus some dimensions

Edited By Peter Miller on 25/05/2017 08:27:50

24/05/2017 18:34:01

I would not want to meet her on a dark night!!!

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
24/05/2017 18:17:20

Dave and Jim were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as aircraft mechanics in Melbourne, Australia.
One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do.
Dave said, 'Man, I wish we had something to drink!'
Jim says, 'Me too. Y'know, I've heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz.
You wanna try it?'
So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane booze and get completely smashed.
The next morning Dave wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels.
In fact he feels GREAT! NO hangover! NO bad side effects.
Nothing!
Then the phone rings. It's Jim.
Jim says, 'Hey, how do you feel this morning?'
Dave says, 'I feel great, how about you?'
Jim says, 'I feel great, too. You don't have a hangover?'
Dave says, 'No that jet fuel is great stuff -- no hangover, nothing. We ought to do this more often..'
' Yeah, well there's just one thing.'
'What's that?'
'Have you broken wind yet?'
'No.'
Well, DON'T - cause I'm in New Zealand'

Thread: R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore
23/05/2017 18:14:55

I always thought that he was the perfect Saint as I had grown p with those books.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
23/05/2017 17:59:38

Last year there were three of four Chinese sellers offering brand new engines atgive away prices. Several people including me paid up. WE did get our money back but it was a scam as we suspected.

23/05/2017 11:05:41

This looks very like the scams from last years.

**LINK**

23/05/2017 08:58:32

That last picture looks as if he had been doing wild aerobatics or been out ina rough sea ina small boatlaugh

Thread: An idle question for a windy Monday
22/05/2017 12:27:03

As far as I am concerned semi scale is a scale model that is reconisable but may have been stretched in places For example, Jezebel is scale but the wing has been stretched to give more wing area,

Then Sport Scale is much more accurate but with slight simplification in some areas.

Cartoon scale is something like a Magnatilla with the outlines corrected to a recogniseable shape.

Miss Lizzy was not ever meant to be scale and the nearest one could come would be "Inspired by"

Thread: How do they do it for the money?
21/05/2017 12:03:36

In about 1965 or 67 I think, I bought a SInclair micro radio kit. I tried to phone them but the number was wrong and I kept getting 999. I gave up in the end. Never did get it working

Thread: Farewell
21/05/2017 11:14:12

Or possibly my quotes re "Don't confuse me with the facts" or "I don't recognise the facts."

These were intended to refer to the average politician and not Gonzo so I hope he didn't take them the wrong way

21/05/2017 08:20:21

We all get a bit up tight at times about things but the best thing is to let it roll of your back like water off a ducks back.

If someone has upset you tell them, maybe there was a miss understanding somewhere.

Me? I have been jumped on several times over the years, sometimes justifiably, sometimes not but I just accept it and keep going.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
21/05/2017 08:14:16

Hi Moweerrman.

That looks very smart indeed.

Slec have a range of pilots. I like the sportsman ones but you do have to join them and paint them. They also have some pianted pilots.

Thread: FAA set back
20/05/2017 12:10:04

There is an old saying. "I have made up my mind. Don't try and confuse me with the facts!!!"

You may also have heard a very common phrase these days. "I don't recognise the (insert Figures, facts etc as appropriate"

20/05/2017 10:49:50

Hi Chris.

Just started a new build, the first for about 6 months. and I have been using those mini squeeze bottles from Banggood that you reccomended.

I am really pleased with them, They save so much glue compared with the standard Aliphatic bottle and I don't get glue everywhere

Great idea Thanks!

Thread: Registration of ALL unmanned aircraft
20/05/2017 08:21:43

The Federal Appeals COurt has just ruled that the FAA registration scheme is illegal

**LINK**

Thread: Do you think some sort of registration system would protect the hobby from rogue flyers?
20/05/2017 08:17:33

Just been advised that the FAA has been told that their registration rules for drones and model aircraft cannot be used.

**LINK**

THis was overgturned by the Fedral Appeals Court

Edited By Peter Miller on 20/05/2017 08:18:30

Edited By Peter Miller on 20/05/2017 08:19:28

Thread: How do they do it for the money?
20/05/2017 08:13:48

My first calculator cost me £11 in the late 70s, just a very basic one which had a strange input sequence called "Reverse Polish logic" IT saved me hours of work on scaling a set of drawings

ON Poundland.

I made the mistake of buying a set of their batteries. I used them in a camera.

They went flat after taking five (5) photos.

Thread: engine failure yak 50
19/05/2017 10:50:41

No wire locking? Now there is an engineer who will be losing a lot of sleep now.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Overlander
CML
Skip Model April
Gliders Distribution
SHREK
Advertise With Us
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us