By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Jackson

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Jackson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Proposed new drone legislation/registration
09/02/2018 21:38:24

Having recently attended a local airport's drone safety awareness seminar with ATC and safety managers from UKs 2nd largest airport it was disappointing how few drone fliers, both recreational and commercial understood or new about insurance. Additionally one guy thought the local council were responsible for all flying in their area ( approach to uks 2nd largest airport).

It was good to note that Nats are on "our side" and also embrace drone technology, indeed using drone runway inspection between 2 minute departure arrivals!. I trained with Nats during the late 60s and early 70s and have huge respect for their vision of safety and , I believe, their respect for our hobby.

Thread: What Happens Next
09/02/2018 21:23:42

Carry 3 or 4 triangular bandages. My 1st paramedic aid trainer taught me these can be used on nearly all physical in juries. Very versatile and cheap. cardiac stuff different - needs rapid assistance.

Thread: I'm thinking of getting a compressor
29/10/2017 17:37:34

Machine Mart do a range of Tiger compressors. Had one for several years, does bike and car tyres and several sizesof airbrush and spray guns.

Thread: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?
12/10/2017 17:15:43

Yep, need another category! Like many I was building longbefore ARTF. Do all now, kits, plans and ARTF.

Thread: Wintering
11/10/2017 10:03:46

Watch out for mice- I kid you not! They love a nice cosy fuselage and use chewing on servo leads as their winter therapy.

Thread: Cosford this weekend
17/07/2017 20:26:56

Yep, a great day on the Sunday for 3 of us sharing a car to get there. Great flying, great variety, love the VC10, Vulcan butjust about everything was good. Trade was plentiful, commentary varied but never intrusive. Gonna try for Elvington next. Missed Cosford for last 2 years but good to see the standards still being maintained at high level.

Thread: H S Trident
02/07/2017 17:30:51

Go on Tony, you've convinced yourself!

30/06/2017 16:56:20

Thats a beaut. Dont make em like that anymore. The Viscount was another beautie - lovely big windows!

29/06/2017 20:00:27

Tony, like the idea of a VC10 but can you replicate the bypass jet noise!?The Trident looks great by the way.

29/06/2017 10:15:28

Looks luvly Tony. Used to fly on shuttle Tridents regularly when I worked for BEA. I worked on the pitch computers for the Cat 3 autoland system. Halcyon days!

Thread: Weston Park 2017
04/06/2017 23:20:01

Oh dear. Looking at LM comments yet more psychodelic jets. Think I might start going to full size displays! Friday might be good thought and waterplane events are nice and peaceful - not many jets off water!

Thread: What a Joke!!
04/06/2017 23:05:29

Yeah. Weston is good but Manchester One Love was the ultimate. No beating that!

04/06/2017 10:06:44

I think that was my point - shows need agood mix to entertain family crowds.

03/06/2017 23:37:42

Seems to be the way things are going. By all accounts Greenacres is heading in that direction, jets, sponsored teams, flying slots - where is the relaxed club flying going to end up? We cant all afford jets and whopping big 3D petrol jobs! Heres hoping Weston has all the usual mix and bonhomie although I shall miss Mr Bishops commentary!

Thread: Steam Show Success
28/05/2017 20:46:01

Welldone Cymaz. Its clubs that make the BMFA, not national flying centres!!

Thread: creating accurately sprung scale U/C
25/05/2017 09:39:07

Thanks Ken and Paul for the pics and all that info. Now to get my half finished Cirri back on the build bench!

24/05/2017 20:24:43

I was just about to ask if this was from Paul's planfrom RCM n E a few years back. Shamefully mine is still on the project bench ! I must get my finger out!

Thread: King Charles 111
10/05/2017 23:05:25

Loved the Shakespearian atmosphere. Dianna's ghost was almost Macbeth - very dramatic. Good stuff from the Beeb.

Thread: Steve Webb and World Model Kits
10/05/2017 17:00:46

Have to agree. Ive had 2 World Models Mustangs since 2000, one still flying. Service and staff are great - I look forward to visiting the shop and having lunch in one of Frodshams great selection of Cheshire pubs!

Thread: BMFA Buckminster opens Monday 8th May.
06/05/2017 21:20:01

Too far for me Im afraid although I will be at the Nats this year, health holding up. I try and visit local fly ins, Delyn, Greenacres, Rhyl etc but Buckminster for a day out - no way.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues