By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete B - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Pete B - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Introduce myself
19/03/2018 15:57:34

Hello Martin and welcome to the forum!

You're amongst many, many returnees here - and the only daft question is the one that isn't asked....teeth 2

Loads of help available from the good folk herethumbs up

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
08/03/2018 08:14:05

Count me in! After last year, Iqon is my clear p

I've just spent two days at the testing in Barcelona and, hardly surprising, I think it's going to be a 3-horse race again this year - the Merc, Ferrari and RBR are a league apart from the rest. Visibly quicker and better set up all around the circuit.

Some pics to whet the appetite...

img_8385 1200.jpg

Bring it on......teeth 2

Thread: Wheal Prosper tin mine Cornwall with DJI Spark
24/02/2018 10:20:08

I'llo close this thread now - you can see David's series of videos over on his thread Cornish Beaches with DJI Spark thumbs up

Thread: RCM&E March 2018 issue
23/02/2018 20:54:20
Posted by Patrick Heeren on 22/02/2018 18:50:04:

Never felt the need to post here but this time there is something I wanted to say. Although I like the magazine a lot Like some others I feel left out as a foreign subscriber. We don't get the welcome present on first subscribtion, we can't take part in any contest either. Not realy a big thing for me, just the magazine is more then enough. Nut now we don't get the extra suplement either. Not the jet suplement, neither the from the workbench one. Keep up the good work in putting the magazine together but don't forget the foreign subscribers either.

I'm in the same position, Patrick, with my mag sent overseas. If you have the subscription, the supplements are available in the Digital Archive

Thread: What battery
23/02/2018 18:26:36

All of Dave's advice above is sound, Robert, as the reality is that mismatching components such as motor, ESC and prop can easily result in having a model that has too little or too much power, or even prompt an unwanted electrical firework display!

In your model's case, however, it's a simple motorised glider, so the size of the battery will dictate the duration of the power run, as you'll find you'll just use the motor to climb to height then glide, repeating until you've used the available battery power.

With any glider, it's important to not add unnecessary weight which will degrade the gliding performance, so I'd go for a battery that is sized to a) fit the available space and b) provide sufficient weight at the nose to balance the glider at it's correct centre of gravity without needing extra weight, if possible.

If your model is flight-ready, apart from the battery, then balance the wings on the C of G indicated on the plan and see how much weight is required to achieve the balance point. Then choose a battery of about that weight, provided it will fit in the model.

For example, a 3S 1300mAh pack weighs about 100g, a 1600 mAh about 140g.Either of these should give you several climbs of a couple of minutes, sufficient to gain height. Once you've established how much weight is needed, then research the available battery packs at your LMS or one of the online retailers and buy accordingly.

The fact is, it's not a 'one size fits all' hobby - you have to do your research to get the best possible result - and that's what makes it such an absorbing hobby!smile

ps - to post a link, just copy the address of the page, click on the link symbol 5th from right on the bottom row of the reply box and paste the address where indicated and click 'OK'. That's it!

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 23/02/2018 18:28:53

Thread: Solarfilm
23/02/2018 17:58:13

Hi Richard,

I've moved your post to the existing thread - plenty of info herethumbs up

Thread: Insuring my models
16/02/2018 16:06:41
Posted by Ernie on 16/02/2018 15:03:38:

Sorry Pete, I plead complete innocence, or maybe naivety. I can't even remember what the title was. Promise, I'll look to mr. albatross for my next german warbird

Ernie.....angel 2

16/02/2018 14:23:52

Thread title adjusted - 'nuff

Thread: Proposed new drone legislation/registration
13/02/2018 11:28:38

Same thing happened to BEB yesterday evening, Matt - he couldn't find the thread in the Latest Posts page either but after he'd made a test post it reappeared..... no, we haven't a clue why it happened!teeth 2

I've been able to view the thread all the time. Has it reappeared again for you after posting this morning?

Thread: Please help newbie
05/02/2018 21:16:39

We're looking for a nice big sofa instead of a step, Bert - they might as well be comfortable whilst they're there - and there'll be room for a few....teeth 2

Thread: Spektrum iX12
01/02/2018 09:28:11

If anyone wishes to discuss ownership and technical issues of this Tx, I would suggest you start a new thread and leave this one to the Spekky-haters, knockers, naysayers and disaffected......face 22

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
01/02/2018 09:17:35

Just consolidated the above 3 posts in this thread... keeps the forum tidy!smile

Thread: Magnets
16/01/2018 14:55:29

I've solved the problem of the duplicate thread, too....wink 2

ps Never seen the point in tasteless alcohol - now, a G & T's p

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 16/01/2018 15:02:33

16/01/2018 10:38:38

There you go, fixed the thread and worked up a thirst doing so - what does anyone recommend?teeth 2

Thread: Kiwi Assistance Please
10/01/2018 20:02:29

Ah, so it is, KK - it's been a long time since I checked that

10/01/2018 12:37:36

I see ZK BAP's last post here was on 16/05/2015.

Sending a PM generates an email to the member's registered address so if he monitors that email account he should have received notification. However, if he is still using that account, there's a chance that the email may have been filtered into his spam folder and he hasn't seen it.

It might be worth sending another PM - that one might get through?

Thread: Scammer warning
02/01/2018 17:41:38

Hi Stuart,

I understand your frustration but unfortunately you cannot use this forum to publish the names of those with whom you have a dispute over an issue elsewhere. I've searched the BMFA Classifieds and find no trace of the items listed, nor any warning you may have posted over there, which might be more appropriate.

Please have a read of the Code of Conduct. Whilst there is nothing which specifically relates to this type of issue, you should get some sort of idea as to what we can publish here.

Thread: Happy New Year...
01/01/2018 10:19:46

Happy New Year to all!teeth 2

Thread: Chippahawk
29/12/2017 17:57:37

He should have finished it by now, Percy - Peter started it 7+ years ago!teeth 2

Thread: Never been known to be silent for this long?
29/12/2017 13:16:48
Posted by Don Fry on 29/12/2017 13:11:56:

Cos he got away with it.

Nah, his card was marked.....wink 2

Call it a bit of Xmas cheer - which is now over for another year...teeth 2

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues