By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Bott - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Bott - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?
19/04/2018 21:50:16
Oh and if you do start updating receivers by using Horus, check out the supply voltage on the module bay pins. I have a feeling it might be too high for the receivers.
19/04/2018 21:47:29
Geoff as an interim measure it is possible to bind X series receivers in D8 mode.
(Now I've typed that I'm doubting myself)

That might get some of your models working with Horus quicker. Just a thought.
Thread: My Anti Spark 150 connector not doing its job?
14/04/2018 17:45:41
That doesn't look like it's doing its job, Adrian.

All of these work using a 2 stage connection. When the tip connects there's a resistor in circuit which slows the charging of the ESC capacitors. Once charged, the plug is pushed home to make the proper connection.
Do the instructions suggest a small waiting period to allow the capacitors to charge?
Thread: Spartan 512K UltraPAC-II CamPAC
31/03/2018 11:47:23
Hi Kari and welcome to the forum.

Are you asking if someone has a Campac module for sale?
Thread: Gear channel not available when dual ailerons plus flaps selected
30/03/2018 13:45:08
No spitting tacks from this member of the opentx brigade, Gordon. Just a quiet chuckle to myself.
Thread: FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?
23/03/2018 00:15:50
Well done Geoff you've gone a long way in a short time. There aren't many systems where you could have so many old model setups on a new Tx so quick.

I think the short file names are a feature of the opentx version, rather than a different transmitter.
21/03/2018 08:01:30
Geoff a very minor point before installing opentx, if you want D8 available.
Uncheck the EU box in Companion before downloading the software. (Rather than only before installing).
Thread: wiring for twin mustang with two batteries
14/03/2018 21:38:16
John, many Spektrum receivers have a different failsafe action on the throttle channel, to all other channels.

Please do check failsafe operation by starting both motors to say a tickover, then switch off the Tx.

(Props off first, of course)

This is particularly important on a twin as you really want both motors to do the same thing (stop) if signal is lost.
Thread: S6R & S8R Receivers
11/03/2018 13:15:27
Stu I found that the autolevel mode worked better with much lower gain settings than the stabiliser mode.
Thread: And now for something completely different
04/03/2018 19:51:22

Here's what might become my favourite servo centre-ing setup. I've not compared its centre point to that of my FrSky receivers yet but being digital it has every chance of being very close or spot on.

img_20180304_194103.jpg

Thread: DH84 Dragon
04/02/2018 16:43:07
Thanks Percy. No the Rapide is not for me I already have enough pointy wings ta.

Chris I can only encourage the drawing up of the plans. It would certainly go straight in near the top of my to do list.
04/02/2018 13:41:24
Hi Chris I'm loving this so far. I'd love to do one myself one day if plans were ever available.

On the photos, if you make sure the cursor is in the place that you want the next photo and then do the insert, they should end up in the order you intend.
Thread: Open tx Horus
06/01/2018 23:07:51
Stu don't let other folks problems put you off.

As long as you made sure that you had the correct Tx and options selected BEFORE you downloaded the new version from the web, it will have downloaded the correct version.

Use companion to back up your models, then you have those saved.

As others have said, with the Horus switched off, plug in the USB cable. If you hear the USB connection sound you're good to go.

Oh and once installed you will get a message about incorrect SD card contents, so that will need sorting out too.

Thread: Spektrum module for Taranis
05/01/2018 22:55:09
The advantages of using the Spektrum RF module are outlined in the first post in this thread (from 2014!)

But the Orange module does at least accept PPM as it's input.
05/01/2018 22:04:35
Hi David and welcome to the forum.

I believe that the Spektrum RF module requires a proprietary data stream to drive it, not PPM. This would include the bind command when necessary.

OpenTx generates the correct data when a Spektrum module is selected.
Unfortunately I've no idea where you'd find details of the required signal, though.
Thread: Christmas Caption Competition!
24/12/2017 09:35:06
If you drill a hole through your transmitter, you can check properly that your aircraft is in line of sight.
Thread: hello
21/12/2017 23:42:33
Hi Richard and welcome to both the forum and a rekindled addiction. I hope you understand there's no escape?
Thread: starting to build from plans
29/11/2017 21:44:49
Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you're well and truly hooked, just like the rest of us.
Thread: Unknown Bipe - does anyone recognise it ?
15/11/2017 01:56:45
Onetenor, to the left of any of Mark's posts, under his name, click on the "5 photos" link.
Thread: Am i being thick - probably!
06/11/2017 19:19:42

Mike is the transmitter set to Mode1 and maybe you need it on Mode2?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues