By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete Willbourn

Here is a list of all the postings Pete Willbourn has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What paint to tint a windscreen?
23/06/2017 12:06:37

for what its worth , ( with the diminishing pound ) I used to "soak " my canopies in DYLON for a few days , more for darker and using this method the colour does not scratch or fall off ,

Now I do spray cos its a lot quicker.

cheers

Thread: Leicester sites?
21/06/2017 21:12:15

I believe there are 2 clubs in the north Market Harbro area ! Larks ??

cheers

Thread: Weston Park Modellers' Swapmeet
21/06/2017 11:00:43

biggest and best Weston swapmeet ever!!! Superb mixture ,

cheers

Thread: Consumer vs Retailer vs Horizon
12/06/2017 10:56:08

I had a problem with my Tiny Sbach , So I emailed HH in Germany, NO response , I emailed a different chap in Germany , No response! I have tried again and again , still no response ,

HH in the UK was brilliant !!

Now they appear to be at Weston , by gosh they are due for an ear full from me . !!

I fixed the little Sbach myself using info from the net.

cheers

Thread: M2 threads on piano wire
07/06/2017 11:20:08

I have always used welding rod , the straight stuff you use when gas welding , also use the "brass" rod used for brazing ,

Heat up the ends, hammer them flat , drill small hole in flattened bit , cut 3 cms off Z bend it and thats one end of the closed loop , the other one you want adjustable ,

07/06/2017 11:20:06

I have always used welding rod , the straight stuff you use when gas welding , also use the "brass" rod used for brazing ,

Heat up the ends, hammer them flat , drill small hole in flattened bit , cut 3 cms off Z bend it and thats one end of the closed loop , the other one you want adjustable ,

Thread: Detectorists
06/06/2017 12:15:20

my son got me the DVD for Christmas before last and said it was good , so in a bored moment I put it on and actually watched the whole lot in one sitting , Yep its got everything to keep me entertained .

If it reminds some people of "our " hobby , I am trying to see who I resemble ???wink

Thread: What a Joke!!
05/06/2017 14:20:28

The times they are a changing !

years ago these shows were for The Hobby , the like of us on this forum ,but now there are far too few of us about to make the old type shows , Cranfield, leicester,Sywell etc commercially viable .So I recon they are now aimed more and more at the general public ,cos there are a lot more of them than us aero modllers ! Hence the "club" based show is much more "our sort of thing "

I have always been the Weston and normally Cosford , Weston is changing a bit but still is my favourite ,I shall be there and no doubt bump into Chris B. !I would like to go to Greenacres but I was told it was a bit "cliquey " and my style of flying may not fit in !

cheers

Thread: SBach umx RX re-progammed Itself ???
29/05/2017 09:48:48

Thanks for your replys chaps .

Firstly I changed TXes to see if the fault lay there, but the movement is identical with both sets .

The next thing was to reverse one of the aileron servos on the TX, easy I thought , and if the gyros go the "wrong way " I shall swap the servos over , Sorted I thought ,

But reversing either servo just changes the direction of BOTH servos,so at the moment I am stuffed !

Horizon UK were always brilliant, never dealt with Germany , I guess I will soon find out .??

I have a feeling that somehow the 2.4 signal inside my car ???? key fob , blue tooth , got to the Sbach before my TX as I fitted the lipo to the plane inside the boot !

It happened once before , but the elevator went to full deflection so was obvious , and just unplugging the lipo and replugging sorted it !

onwards and upwards I hope !

There must be a method of programming the RX somehow ??

Thread: Are we sitting targets??
28/05/2017 22:25:56

No !!! repairs after crashes are very simple , you just bend the spars straight and renew the broken wood bits

Imust admit to putting the wings , well the "D" section sandwiched between two planks in my WorkMate to stop the skins blowing themselves off , just make your filling holes nice and big toallow for the excess .

The first wing I did it on was a Dave Tindal Innovator , that should indicate how long I have used the technique .

cheers

If you crunch the front end of a fuz, you use "cut and Shut" techniques to put a new one on , Being double glazing bars they glue really well with cyno ,I think they are prepped to glue them to the glass !

Thread: SBach umx RX re-progammed Itself ???
28/05/2017 22:15:21

Thanks ,

I guess I send it to Germany ???

Pete

28/05/2017 18:29:10

Been flying the little Sbach today when on changing the lipo after the second flight , the ailerons stared working in unison , ie they both go up and down together ??

So whats gone wrong ? how do I fix it ??

I have tried binding it to both my Txes , DX8 and DX7 but the result is the same

any ideas please .

pete

Thread: Are we sitting targets??
28/05/2017 11:59:12

Double glazing bars !

they are ally 0.015" thickness walled rectangular "tubes" 6x6mm 6x8, 6x10 etc etc

this photo shows two sets of ally spars on my Stampe , the messy stuff on the shear web is where I have used expanding foam , very light , injected into the "D" section , that really stiffens things up a bit !!stampe 21815 002 (small).jpg

27/05/2017 22:06:50

I have said it many times before ______

But for wing spars I always use double glazing bar , stronger and lighter and cheaper than balsa and comes in 4 metre lenghts in lots of different sizes. and it does not warp ,

Just finished a Twister con liner wing using it!

It works !

27/05/2017 14:17:23

Nice little quality saw !Proxxon

I got mine from Screw fix , it was a tile cutter , for £25, special offer, about 6 months ago just needed a wood cutting blade rather than the diamond one supplied ,

and closed loop wire I have always used fishing trace nylon coated , cheap as chips , and also B&Q lite weight filler , and SOUDAL gorilla type glue for £7 for 750grm.

I think shopping around and thinking slightly out of the box ,is actually part of the hobby .

after 65 years I do think LMS have had their fair share from me !! But I do miss the friendly barter/banter .

cheers

Thread: KK Southerner
18/05/2017 09:24:15

Extra Slims Southerner "Mite" just do that with the Mills .75 up front !!

Thread: Tell us about your most embarrassing stories from the field...
16/05/2017 12:05:10

I decided to "tidy" up an aerobatic model I had with a "gyro RX" switchable , The receiver looked far neater in its new position Great !!

Its not easy to fly a model with all the gyros reversed , but boy its exciting !!

cheers

Thread: Target Hobby
01/05/2017 16:45:30

I have not used them recently , but used to use them for their Speccy RXes clones or real I dont know but they are still working with my DX7, and I was put onto them by a guy who uses them in his pylon racer !!

cheers

Thread: Identification Please of this Oldie
25/04/2017 19:38:55

This weekend the Soubrette , well whatever Vic Smeed designed , had 4 flights under Radio assistance , with no problems at all ,

There are vids on utube , but they are"very normal "

The next one to trial will be the Southerner Mite !

cheers

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
25/04/2017 08:27:55

Hi Chris

Tony O is already envious !!

cheers

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
SHREK
Skip Model April
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
TJD Models
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us