By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Why does this happen?
18/01/2017 09:55:02

hello David.............. I have this problem with my small ic engines.....I put it down to old oil left in the carb needle that has congealed etc...once the engine has a good hot run its good as gold...but if left for a few weeks/months I know what to expect...try pinching the fuel line on the last flight run up...to suck all the fuel out.... .... long shot..may help.

ken Anderson..ne.1 ....longshot dept.

Thread: The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)
16/01/2017 09:16:54

hats off to you also john...that is top notch modelling from yourself.... fantastic detail..

ken Anderson...ne...1 .... admiration dept...

Thread: Back to RC Aircraft after 20yrs.
15/01/2017 09:53:18

tom...have a look at  BRC Hobbies they have props and wheels up to 50mm...as mentioned have a look elsewhere if they have to be 75mm...brc are good at mail order etc...

ken Anderson...ne....1....... props and wheels dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 15/01/2017 09:56:13

Thread: E-Flite Radian XL
14/01/2017 17:55:23

Posted by ted hughes on 14/01/2017 14:37:01:

Where is Greenacrers?

ted...don't go...the lads there are too friendly and you'll want to go a again....... you'll fall under the spell of the club........ plus there's a watering hole/saloon at the top of the place..that sell's firewater etc.........all bad..... teeth 2

ken Anderson...ne...1........ stay away from G/acre's dept

Thread: The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)
14/01/2017 13:22:56

one of my friends went on holiday, put the 36 exp film in to get his prints...and had (none) kulou​ he hadn't put the film leader on to the spool correctly...her indoors was impressed/not by his mistake...

another tale of woe...... I was a member of the local camera club,they organised trips out to take pic's etc...... one lad had an expensive120 film size camera on his tripod over his shoulder....they were walking along the river bank and the quick release bracket decided to let the camera part company with the rest and go for a swim...as they do/not...... teeth 2 ....... 

ken Anderson...ne...1....... film dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 14/01/2017 13:26:51

14/01/2017 10:32:01

hello phil, very nice too...I used to develop all my own B/W stuff in the land that time forgot last century...now i can convert to my hearts content any stuff I take using digi camera's ................ time marches on...there must be millions of film camera's gathering dust..i saved up £200.00 in the 80's to purchase a Pentax ME Super...bee's knee's at the time...saw one a couple of weeks ago at a market for sale £20.00 the lad on the stall said he'd be lucky to get that...

ken Anderson..ne...1..... photography dept.

Thread: Rolling Circles
11/01/2017 09:28:40

hello Dave.......first off don't have too much movement on the controls...and start off practicing up high at a constant speed. have a go at doing two roll's in a line when the model is coming towards you and when its gone past...coming towards you is the hard bit. When you can do that increase it to 3 rolls then 4+..aim to go from one side of your site to the other doing roll after roll in a straight line.then have a go at steering the model left and right...as you become more confident and settled have a go at doing a circle..using the ailerons and elevator...it'll be messy to start with but as time and practice go on it'll get better....introduce the rudder also as you get more confident....then amaze all your clubmates......

ken Anderson...ne....1 ...rolling circle dept.

Thread: First casualty of the year.
07/01/2017 10:50:27

we fly-looking into the sun at BVRMC......... from day one I was told if I got in the wrong position...to close one eye and then when you get passed the currant bun you'll have a good eye.......saying that I did write off an acrowot due to too low/dazzled by the blighter.... kulou

ken Anderson...ne....1........ currant bun dept...

Thread: Yet another 'drone strike'
07/01/2017 10:41:32

funny how these threads nearly always descend into the majority of people wanting to disprove it was a drone strike ...... surely they cant all be birds,kites and carrier bags...... what if? my opinion/thoughts..

ken Anderson ...ne....1 opinion dept.

06/01/2017 16:15:49

in our local press......during the week. The national trust have banned all drones from flying on their property....... Camera equipped or not........

ken Anderson...ne...1 drone dept.

Thread: Back to RC Aircraft after 20yrs.
04/01/2017 17:01:29

welcome back from me Tom...I wouldn't but 2nd hand stuff unless I knew the seller...... too many hook's knocking around today..... you want 100% reliable gear...buy brand new to get you going..

ken Anderson...ne...1 welcome/hook's dept.

Thread: Newbie here. Burnt out motor...
03/01/2017 08:43:49

hello Daniel and welcome from me...don't buy any more electric equipment...your going to do yourself and your wallet some serious damage.you say you had the esc conncted up to port 2 on the rx? and as has been said if your flying mode 2-this should be elevator and the esc connected to port 3.if your burning stuff out..you are probably doing things wrong....leave well alone until you know what your doing...get info from here or someone who has some experience.............. save a visit to AE..

ken Anderson...ne...1 fire dept.

Thread: Aurora 9x self inflected problem
02/01/2017 10:04:16

have a look here may be some help info for you...sounds like a reset of the set back to default will cure it.....

ken Anderson...ne...1..... A9 dept.

Thread: Amazon flying warehouses
01/01/2017 14:41:39

amazon prices will be up in the air/sky high if it go's to plan..... teeth 2 oop's first of many corny gag's for 2017

ken Anderson...ne...1 corny gag's dept.

Thread: Scammer Epic Fail
31/12/2016 15:12:19

well done Alan...wonder if he knows where my 100k I won in the Nigerian lottery is.... I've been waiting for two year's now.....oh well I hear you say...

ken Anderson...ne...1...... money for nowt/not dept.

Thread: Christmas wishes
31/12/2016 15:09:51

happy new year to everyone when it comes...all them who are going ashore this evening make sure that their lipo's are fully charged etc....don't want any failure's....... falling over etc..... beer kulou teeth 2 ... enjoy..

ken Anderson...ne...1 ....falling down dept...... xxx

Thread: Amazon flying warehouses
29/12/2016 17:19:13

I've just seen lord lucan go by riding shergar also............

ken Anderson...ne....1..... fantasy dept.

Thread: Thank you RCME
29/12/2016 17:17:38

well done from me steve.............hopefully the start of a roll...get a lottery ticket bought---- if you strike lucky send me 1/2 million to ne...1 GHQ......

ken Anderson...ne....1..... congrats to steve dept.

Thread: Wanted - Multiplex FunJet
29/12/2016 09:39:59

hello Steve .....the radjet from hobbyking is a loose copy of the funjet...and is a load of fun for not a lot of dosh....

ken Anderson ....ne....1..... radjet dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 29/12/2016 09:42:33

Thread: R.I.P. Rick Parfitt
24/12/2016 18:02:33

he lived his life to the full....thanks from me ...RIP .

ken Anderson...ne....1.... RP dept.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?
Q: Have you passed the model flying/building bug onto anyone else?

Dad
 Mum
 Partner
 Son
 Daughter
 Grandson
 Granddaughter
 Friends
 Other
 No-one else

Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues