By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
26/07/2017 10:06:08

JC... as we both know its all a bit of fun...nowt malicious..... highest regards for you ...

ken anderson..ne...1..... JC dept.

26/07/2017 09:34:17

bonny job there JC..................1st class as usual..

ken Anderson...ne...1... J.Carrs fan club dept.

Thread: A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out
25/07/2017 19:01:01

hello William, I'm flying P/Cat no 5...C of G at 5.1/2 " from the front of the wing where it joins the fuz...have fun..

ken Anderson...ne...1 pushy cat dept.

Thread: Hitec's HPP22 Interface for Firmware Upgrade
20/07/2017 19:03:52

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...mike I've only had dealings with my A9 TX and optima RX's...get her indoors to treat you to an A9 TX that will solve most of the problem... smiley

ken Anderson...ne...1.... problem solving dept.

Thread: Landscape Photos
20/07/2017 11:15:06

over the years I've had a few different cameras,at present i'm using a Panasonic LX100.i came from the good old days of film,and used to be a member of our local camera club.the Digi stuff now is incredible compared to the film gear.i was told that you can still buy Kodak extrachrome film...its £15.00 a roll.

ken Anderson...ne...1..... photo dept.

20/07/2017 11:07:49

mike ...cancel my query,i clicked on one of the photos and it brought up the info... thanks

ken Anderson...ne...1..... query dept.

20/07/2017 11:05:39

nice photo's mike, we have something in common(photography) what camera etc?

ken Anderson...ne...1.... photo dept.

Thread: Acro Wot Kit
20/07/2017 11:02:03

mike...pliers are fine if you don't be too brutal,good quality plastic clevis are ok also ... and a good old wire skid on the tail is ok for the grass strips..in the old days Wots were thrown together in all forms and flew with very little TLC....

ken Anderson...ne...1....belt and braces/TLC Dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 20/07/2017 11:03:47

16/07/2017 14:37:51

Michael .... a simple fixed skid on the rear of the acrowot will do-it has a pretty powerful rudder to steer it on the ground....yes join the wing halves without any spar...... the wing bandage fitted to the dimensions shown does the work for the model...

ken Anderson...ne...1 Wot dept.

Thread: Hitec's HPP22 Interface for Firmware Upgrade
15/07/2017 10:17:23

hello mike-it can be a bit of has it or hasn't it the first few go's binding the hitec rx/tx's...but then as you become familiar with it -its straight forward...check out U Tube..there's some info and video's showing how to go etc..

ken Anderson...ne..1.... hitec dept.

Thread: Caption this...!
13/07/2017 16:51:15

what do we do now?

ken Anderson...ne..1.... prize winning dept.

Thread: Hi
11/07/2017 09:36:08

welcome from me Kevin.......

ken Anderson...ne...1...welcome dept.

Thread: Motor for Radio Princess
11/07/2017 09:32:42

hello ray..have a look here it'll give you and idea re size and prices etc...I've highlighted a possible contender for you......good price as well..... you wont need a lot of power for your model

ken Anderson...ne...1.... power dept.

09/07/2017 13:52:13

Michael---- 148's will do nicely ...one time they were the staple diet of most sports models.if the gap is large and the control surfaces are hinged/mounted use some good quality clear tape(deflect the surfaces and fit the tape to the top only)if its a small gap-forget about it...its only a sports model at the end of the day....I've seen allsorts of variations over the years of the Wot models...............

ken Anderson...ne....1.... variation dept.

Thread: OS 46 AX Carb clean
08/07/2017 17:46:14

hello mike--chances are it oil that has hardened up..try a hair dryer on the area-it'll soften it up and as it gets free some fuel or oil will bring it back to normal..connect a bit of tubing to the nipple and have a go at blowing through if, it clear have a try at running the engine-after a good run it should be ok...

ken Anderson...ne...1....... hair dryer dept.

Thread: Wifi Central Heating Controls
08/07/2017 10:36:52

erfolg...can you not download the instructions for the stat's... as an aside who can remember when we had to get out of the chair to switch over the TV channel's?

ken Anderson..ne....1... remote dept.

Thread: Hello, Brand New to Building
08/07/2017 10:33:31

welcome from me Chris...daunting when you first start--loads of info on the forum here from some good lads...don't get stuck ask as many Q's as you want .....and most of all enjoy and have fun.

ken Anderson...ne...... 1 welcome dept.

03/07/2017 17:01:46

ok mike-i'm talking about the area inside of the tank bay(the floor) the part where you drill the holes and fit the captive nuts for the undercarriage, this plate takes most of the forces when you land and if you come in too heavy it pulls out with the undercarriage still attached to it...so to give it a bit of extra strength it can be beefed up with a bit of bandage and resin...another fix is to use plastic/nylon bolts in place of the metal one's - they will snap instead of the plate getting pulled out...... not the end of the world if you cant get to it....

ken Anderson...ne..1 ....beefed up dept.

03/07/2017 15:31:32

hello mike and welcome from me.fit a spinner to suit the dia of the front cowling(off the top of my head 1.1/2--2".use a wing joining kit which will include a bandage for the joint.film will be fine for the model,use standard size servos(Futaba 148's-cheap and reliable)before you fit the top front deck to the model use any spare wing joining tape and some resin(do both at the same time-wing and undercarriage mounting area) with some reinforcement ready for some heavy landings..... hope that's clear for you.... if not ask as many questions as you want.

ken Anderson...ne...1 A/Wot kit dept.

Thread: Sacriledge
02/07/2017 09:34:34

the film BOB was booed when it was shown in berlin...wonder why..

as an aside one one my friends father was a WW2 Halifax pilot who got shot down and put in the famous Stalag 5? prisoner of war camp and cooked on one of the stoves above the tunnel's...luckily his name didn't come out to escape.the survivors were invited to the premier showing of the film " the great escape" and afterwards all agreed what a load of rubbish it was etc.......

ken Anderson ne...1.movies dept.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
SHREK
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
CML
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us