By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for KiwiKid

Here is a list of all the postings KiwiKid has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A lovely heather lined hillside and the menacing sound track
20/10/2017 14:22:08

Wow - really enjoyed that Mark. Great vid and flying - the only way we are going to see a Vulcan cliff top fly by now laugh

Thread: Phone Volume
19/10/2017 07:19:35

An elderly flying buddie of mine has a set up straight out of Star Trek. He keeps his phone in his shirt pocket and has it on vibrate with a link to his hearing aid via Bluetooth and activates it by touching any button through his clothing. It can be a bit un-nerving as he sometimes gets a call while flying, just touches his chest and starts talking.

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2017
18/10/2017 01:56:09
Posted by Andy Meade on 16/10/2017 15:04:01:

Everything I had that was worthwhile processing is here on my blog yes

Thanks Andy - great stuff. Couple of extra pics of your A-4 there Ade.

Thread: Good movie to watch on BBC TWO 13.00 and later on on BBC i-player.
17/10/2017 13:57:51

Kiwi commercial airline pilot Graeme Frew and his team recently competed with their Mig3 "Full Noise" at the Reno Championship Air Races in Nevada and had a little tribute to Burt on the Mig.

burt2.jpg

burt3.jpg

17/10/2017 11:00:20

It was quite a neat piece of kit for it's day.

bert.jpg

Thread: Facebook Cover Competition
17/10/2017 10:30:58
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 16/10/2017 19:41:09:

one will have to be a good flyer/photographer to take a snap of ones own model in flight, unless it is permitted for some one else to fly your plane for you

Yes, I think what the OP (Old Pilot) has said indicates that the pic should be of your model or a pic that you took and yes, it needs to be in "skinny" landscape format to a ratio of about 1:2.5, like so.

petrel launch.jpg

petrel launch2.jpg

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2017
16/10/2017 14:40:10

Any chance of some more pics from the last session smile p

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
10/10/2017 10:03:27

Very impressive build Andy - that JASDF camo is very striking. Lot of work and quids to biff off a cliff - respect!smile d

Thread: Harrier Jump Jet- The aeromodelling Holy Grail !!!!
09/10/2017 04:49:08
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 09/10/2017 02:42:16:

and now for my next trick

Antigravity? It's just about as hard to achieve. laugh

Well done Tony - people have been trying to crack this nut for over 30 years with varying levels of success.

Skymasters jets have recently put a phenomenal amount of R&D work into a turbine version and are currently doing airframe flight tests with another motor before fitting the 40KG thrust variable thrust engine they have developed in conjunction with JetCat.

harrier.jpg

harrier2.jpg

Thread: What's flying over your house
05/10/2017 10:50:04

Greetings from up the road Nigelcheeky

Those Galaxies are a pretty impressive sight and an amazing piece of hardware.

galaxy.jpg

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
01/10/2017 10:09:30

The inboard exhausts on the starboard engine are placed underneath the wing to provide uninterrupted airflow to the supercharger intake. This arrangement was not repeated on the port nacelle, where both exhausts were positioned above the wing.

bf110.jpg

Thread: Hobby King Venom
26/09/2017 13:51:57
Posted by Piers Bowlan on 26/09/2017 06:22:59:

This is a great flying model which also doubles as a PSS slope soarer.Enjoy.

Yip yip, the Vamp makes a neat sloper. You can fly it as is with some EDF back up. Or, if you want a bit better performance, or your slope is a bit iffie about liops, you can make a dedicated sloper by blocking off the intakes - like so (maybe paint the intake covers black though):

hk vampire pss.jpg

26/09/2017 01:25:58

Might pay to wait until you get it and see how tough the tail booms feel as they have been strengthened in this version - HK does occasionally listen to us.

"Although the initial version of the Vampire was a very stable flier Durafly have tightened up the tail booms and elevator with carbon fiber support to give even better control."

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
25/09/2017 11:28:31

Thanks for the link Mark, awesome work and pics.

Yes the trick with painting film is to roughen it up a bit first with steel wool (gently) and then give it a coat of primer. Tamiya make a very nice primer product for plastic and their acrylic paints adhere well to it.

Here is my DH-1 painted up.

www ground5.jpg

25/09/2017 09:33:30

Yes Mark, a very nicely presented SPAD - would love to see a shot from behind if you have one handy.

Thread: Mike Trew ASW 20 (Traplet)
21/09/2017 10:33:56
Posted by Mark Agate on 21/09/2017 08:40:29:

I bought a sailplane kit from these people over 10 years ago - glad to see they're still going:

**LINK**

Even the bigger one comes within the budget:

**LINK**

Thanks for the link to that website Mark - quite an interesting one to wander through, if only for the colour and decoration ideas.

Thread: im not sure what to make of this
19/09/2017 23:17:03

This looks like fun too - take-off is at 3:30.

Thread: Mens Sheds
18/09/2017 16:48:00

A local club has done just what you suggest having used some club funds to build a shed for storage and as a gathering place for building sessions and to act a focal point for club members to hang out. As with most clubs, they have a membership "of a certain age", but actively encourage younger members and the shed also comes in handy for this too.

hbmf.jpg

hbmf2.jpg

hbmf3.jpg

Thread: photo size
17/09/2017 03:13:23

Actually, you don't have to worry about resizing photos now as there was an upgrade done a while back which allows larger vids and pics to be loaded and the system resizes them for you.

The larger pics take a bit longer to load in your gallery, so just be patient.

As an example, this pic was 3000x2400 and 1.2megs - when loaded here it was reduced to 1024x768.

manilla.jpg

Thread: Zagi Bash 2017 - Slope Combat Competition
15/09/2017 15:35:56

I'm all tooled up ready to go laugh

jazzilla.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
TJD Models
SHREK
CML
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues