By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Please help newbie
05/02/2018 12:20:04

It,s an unfortunate fact of life, some people can never be helped. If this forum and PC.s were around when I wanted to learn to fly, and with all the help and great information from forum members being given freely I would be a far better pilot years ago lol .Cheers

Thread: Six Nations 2018
03/02/2018 15:44:25

Correct Glyn. My apologies. A normal problem, teams in the doldrums have one or two good results and they believe they are world champs. It takes a lot longer to rise back up to the top from below than people think. Cheers

03/02/2018 14:39:27

Got your facts wrong Glyn, it's the away team that decides if roof is closed. So it's the porridge guys you should be calling softies. The Welsh prefer to have it closed in bad weather as it is better to have games in dry conditions. Cheers

Thread: Rc delta undercarriage
13/01/2018 18:22:22

Many many years ago before electrics came n the scene there was an ic traditional shaped delta whos name was followed by the the numbers 341. Golden oldies may remember the details (I cannot) .this had a tricycle u/c which worked very well. Sorry not a lot of help. Cheers

Thread: Bj's Modellflyg videos
12/01/2018 13:38:35

Nice to hear you are on the mend Bjarne. I enjoy you vids and have missed them. Grandson is doing very well too as he has a good teacher. Cheers

Thread: Laser 62
02/01/2018 15:23:25

That would be much easier Jon. Will sort it out with some light tomorrow. Cheers

02/01/2018 12:03:45

Thanks Jon, will do my best, but forum is not easy to upload pics. in my opinion, if I remember correctly, pics have to go into my album first ? Cheers

02/01/2018 01:14:10

Thanks for the exellent link Geoff, very useful. I am an ic nut, but I do dabble in electric too. I was lucky and bought my Laser for a very low silly price years ago. It's been in a few models but at the moment it is in a venerable Skyways Hawk 70. It has an unmistakeable sound, never misses a beat, the needle has not been touched for years, and starts first time with an electric starter. I am sure you wil love this engine when you run it first time, and I believe it is in the premier league of 4strokes.

01/01/2018 23:29:39

Hi Geoff , been following your very interesting thread as I have the identical engine, until the comment regarding glow plug connection being in the front. I never had this problem but on checking it out, my plug is on top of the engine. Perhaps I have a 61? Cheers.  Ps or could it be you have a 61 and I have a 62.  Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 01/01/2018 23:53:16

Thread: Uploading pics. from ipad
27/12/2017 21:34:07

Is it possible to up load pictures to forum using Apple iPad ? Cheers

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
23/12/2017 19:31:09

Hi Jon, I have a venerable Laser 62, runs faultlessly. Is there a recognisable difference between the 61 and the 62. Thanks

Thread: Full size landings
01/12/2017 14:21:52

This may be a daft question. When large say passenger jets land, the pilot obviously cannot see directly beneath him to see the Tarmac.Just wondered I'd the plane actually touches down using computors or pilot skill. Thanks.

Thread: What's flying over your house
29/11/2017 23:15:01

Two Typhoons very high and fast probably on their way to Pembrey Sands bombing practice range. Cheers

Thread: Woodpecker
23/11/2017 13:07:58

I see that Kevin has not had a reply for his suggested power train for his Woodpecker. I too would like some more info on this set up if possible. Thanks

06/11/2017 22:01:02

I too (as an ic man) would like to know the answer to Kevin,s question. Also does the larger 80 inch wing mode require a different power set up.? Cheers

Thread: Wight Maiden
05/11/2017 21:52:15

Thanks. BBC, I will give it a go. Cheers

05/11/2017 17:15:38

Great work, and exellent finish BBC. Well done, May I ask where the lettering decals came from. Cheers

Thread: After run oil
03/11/2017 19:00:08

Cheers lads for all the latest info. Like the idea of running engine dry , then some after run oil. Bought a bottle of after run Oil many years ago specially formulated by a chap with surname Chin. This has served me well over the years.Also never used more than 5per cent nitro in my engines. Thanks

Thread: A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out
02/11/2017 09:54:54

Looks very nice indeed Jean, well built. Love the air scoops. Cheers

Thread: Motor mount query
01/11/2017 22:33:05

Thanks Mike, some good tips there for the future. Cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues