By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for flight1

Here is a list of all the postings flight1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: trainer kit
23/04/2017 16:45:50

Don't forget slec and thier sky 40 trainer

Thread: Chris Foss Fly-in
22/04/2017 20:18:16

Wot happened cymaz?sarcastic 2

Thread: Travelling boxes and wing bags
13/03/2017 09:44:15

Cheapest way is like above, but i have made them from wing bags from the double silver foil bubble insulation foil you see around.

To join you can ion the foil together , i add a bit of tape to make sure also instead of struggling to slot the wings in a tube I make the opening along the length (so much easier) and use short bits of self adhesive Velcro to close up.

see picture ,excuse the washing in view, clean i might add.

wp_20170313_09_31_31_pro.jpg

Thread: 2.4Ghz - Getting the best link
08/03/2017 19:26:06

Yes that is correct I have always done that, think of donuts around the antenna as the signal radiation so where the tip of the antenna points to gets the least signal virtually none .

thats why when i see some makes of Tx's with fixed antennas that point out the top so when holding the antenna it points at the model you are flying, really does make me wonder have they really thought it throughindecision

Thread: EME 120 flat twin engines
05/03/2017 18:17:38

yes looking very nice there Mr cymaz , look forward to seeing it in the sky.

Thread: Taranis update
05/03/2017 16:33:17

Glad you are working it all throughsmiley

Yes you can also make your own templates too especially for complicated models just remember to rename them that and not overwrite.

03/03/2017 18:28:14

Ahh yes you can make the taranis as complicated or as simple as you like thats the beauty of it, if you done as said and reflashed the sticks should be fine .. when moving the sticks the back light will come on same as any switches etc and can can be changed in the setup page screen. as for sticks not working i believe you need to assign outputs , set up a basic model via the wizard when you have selected a new model and try again as i believe you are trying to operate a 'blank canvas'

If not I hope a more knowledgeable person will chip in I find it hard to say what to do as I find it easy when the TX is in front of me and if you were in Cornwall we could meet up and I would look at it for you

03/03/2017 15:51:23

You need the sd card in for it to work properly, you can't affect the sd card sound and picture files when doing a firm ware up date but it does need the card in at the time..

If i were you i would take a break from it and then come back with a clear head (hopefullyhot). Do the flash ( 2.1.9 firmware) again leaving the sd card in and not anything else and it should be fine.

If you are new to doing it the opentx way I would go through this site before doing anything else just to get a better understanding on how it all works. it will be worth the effort in the end.

One tip I could give is that only upgrade the firmware if you need the new features or there is a needed fix (rare on the none latest virsions) or you just want to be adventurous.

Cheers rich

Edited By flight1 on 03/03/2017 15:51:51

03/03/2017 13:58:09

Hi again when you flash the firmware it will overwrite the old so no worries there , but you will have to do it via open tx on your pc with the taranis connected via the usb port.

The sd card you got now is fine apart from the voice files on it down load the english amber pack (or the en american version if you want) and un zip it and then replace just that folder on your sd card leaving the others in place.

03/03/2017 11:39:40

I think you should of not loaded the firmware from the frsky site as it is for their operating system, you have moved to using open tx which is different and not compatable. Plug you tx back into open tx and flash the firmware 2.1.9 then setup the tx in the set up page and also calibrate the sticks... then install models a fresh .

02/03/2017 23:44:53

Take the sd card out the tx put it in a card reader install the sd card file onto it (un zip it first) add the new voice files to the correct folder put back it tx . connect TX to operntx and rewrite the 2.1.9 firmware to the tx making shore in the settings of open tx you got the right boxes checked. reboot Tx and then recconect to open tx and load you latest back up , should be ok then . also check all fuctions operate the right way before flightsurprise

02/03/2017 22:32:15

Did you follow the instructions for updating see here , if you made a back up of the sd card you can reload it to the sd card and then drag an drop the new audio file 'en' over the old 'en' file i did this by taking the sd card out the tx and putting in my usb card reader on my pc and it was fine. when done i reloaded my models back up on open tx back to the taranis.

Edited By flight1 on 02/03/2017 22:33:57

Thread: Time to change car
01/03/2017 17:01:36

Berlingo multispacesmiley have had 2 over the last 16 years 1st one petrol second 1.6hdmi both went well and never any problems and you can carry a large load and a good ride and you can pick the petrol ones up at a good price now.

We have just now replaced the last one with a C3 picasso (excellent) as the latest belingo is even bigger and the missus didn't want that much bigger car and couldn't be persuaded . The c3 picasso has a decent petrol version redally available

Thread: Saito 17 petrol losing power
27/02/2017 19:10:24
Posted by Phil Taylor on 27/02/2017 16:26:32:
Posted by Engine Doctor on 27/02/2017 13:29:23:

Have you vented the Tank ? If air cant get in then fuel cant get out and engine starves.

Hi Engine Doctor,

Yes the tank is vented - there is no pressure feed from the exhaust so it just vents to air (below cowl).

If air vent does not point into the air flow you may be getting a venturi effect so you have a negative pressure effect to the tank.

also you could have warm air being drawn into the carb from the enclosed cowl situation

and the two together will certainly reduce the ability of the engine to run at w.o.t

27/02/2017 12:47:13

Welll if it is not overheating and you got baffels directing the air around the cylinders then check the fuel lines for any kinks /restrictions preventing full supply of fuel as is needed over 75% throttle.

also what prop you are using as to big a prop could cause the same

also thats a high oil content for a petrol engine in my opinion but thats what Saito say to use?

Thread: Any Electricians Out There
21/02/2017 22:56:09
Posted by Phil Green on 21/02/2017 22:39:29:

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought what Neil meant was that both cookers were wired to one common but dedicated ring, ie not the sockets ring. Sockets on one ring, two cookers on another. But maybe I misread it.

Cheers
Phil

If this the case, a dedicated ring for the two ovens would work and not essentially be electrically unsafe but it does not meet the wording of a ring ciruit in the regs in appex 15. To meat the regs in this case itshould be easy to split the ring circuit and make two dedicated radials feeding each oven with 16Amp MCB's feeding each circuit at the consumer unit. (it is how i would have done it in the first place)

21/02/2017 22:33:34

Are the to ovens 3.46Kw each or is that together ? if 3.46Kw each then they must have there own dedicated circuit as you cannot have a any appliance more than 3Kw on a ring(any cooker oven,,hobs with a rated power of 2kw or more must have own detecated circuit ,see 17th editon appendix 15). if less than 2kw each then you can plug them in or have a 13a fuse spure for each oven but the total usage of the ring circuit needs to be checked along with the layout so the load /s are balanced equally distance on the ring(so one side of the circuit dosent have all the load).

as for the overcurrent reg if you whant a good read see chapter 43 of bs7671

Thread: Multiplex easyglider v Eflite radian pro
06/02/2017 20:31:09

See this list for a good guide

or just buy the multiplex power pack for easy glider

Thread: Taranis Upgrade
01/02/2017 16:20:25

can you put stick switches on these like you can on the X9E ?

Thread: EME 120 flat twin engines
29/01/2017 23:55:54

The new filler solder type rod you get these days are good and easy to use I have used this stuff recently with great success alu flow 440 joining alu to copper and alu build 300

just remember to use the heat from item to be joined to melt the rods and not the flame and all will be well

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
SHREK
CML
Skip Model April
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us