By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Devcon1

Here is a list of all the postings Devcon1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Best Plane You Have Owned
17/02/2018 19:18:55
Couldn't find a similar thread so just wondered. Just beginning to muse mine. For a number of reasons, nostalgia,performance, looks, longevity and memories (I still fly it) it has to be my Multiplex Alpina.
Thread: Expert Vintage Knowledge Help
14/02/2018 22:27:20

Thanks for all the feedback and knowledge. I think I'll list them on eBay and hope they go to someone that will enjoy them.

Thread: Not so ordinary indoor planes.
14/02/2018 22:22:53

Great videos, looks so much fun.

Thanks for posting.

Thread: Expert Vintage Knowledge Help
14/02/2018 00:30:51

Forgot the pics.

img_20160522_170729.jpg

img_20160522_170656.jpg

14/02/2018 00:28:18

Thanks for the feedback guys, a bit of further research in order.

I got one of these as well at the same time although no research required, are they still usefull to someone flying/collecting vintage stuff ?

13/02/2018 20:41:24

Hi,

Wondered if anybody could help to identify these.

They are 2 1/2 inch and come with an inflator adaptor. No markings on the box and a very faint logo on the tyres which reminds me of Veron.

The rubber is in good condition so I was curious about age and manufacturer and if it's worth bothering to sell them.

What strikes me is how well made they are.

Thanks John

img_20160522_170900.jpg

img_20160522_170936.jpg

Thread: Druine D.31 Turbulent
11/02/2018 22:23:11

What a beautiful build. It looks great with skis.

One of the prettiest Turbulents I've seen.

Thread: WOT4 Becomes Racing Car
10/02/2018 13:11:07

How about a prize or certificate for whoever identifies the cause 😂

09/02/2018 21:57:28

A couple of points, one already touched on..

I once had a connector pin pull out of the servo lead socket/housing, the servo locked out in flight but then began working again on the ground. It wasn't immediately obvious until very close inspection showed the culprit.

I've certainly experienced this in the winter with cold hands, at the point my hands become cold my brain has been sending the correct signals to my thumbs to pull on the elevator and I think that's what they are doing but my eyes tell me a different story with the model reacting as though very little input has been made, I then have to very consciously pull more stick to get the desired input.

In simple terms could your fingers or thumbs have failed to physically move the stick as much as your brain was telling you it had.

Ive always landed when this happens as it's quite an unnerving feeling.

Thread: Lidl Sander
08/02/2018 19:08:42

I guess for a smaller one perhaps overkill to use the wet method, we've a 500mm dia sander at work and it prevents having to remove the table to try and dry fit a disc whilst getting it aligned.

When I remove an old one I peel off a reasonable amount with the machine isolated then with an old plane blade scrape off the rest while the sander is running.

08/02/2018 18:13:43

Not wanting to teach grandma to suck eggs, but when sticking the sanding disc on I use the same technique as I do at work and wet the two surfaces with a damp cloth with a hint of Fairy prior to placement and alignment then let it dry.

08/02/2018 12:11:01

What a sucker...

Just got one from the Exeter Wonsford store, it was the £50.00 extra on food and stuff that I spent.

They must calculate which "Special Buy" stuff brings in the most incremental/spontaneous spend from people like me.

Very happy with the sander, looking forward to a little fillet steak tonight...

Edited By Devcon1 on 08/02/2018 12:11:31

Edited By Devcon1 on 08/02/2018 12:11:47

Thread: Tesla launch car!
07/02/2018 13:42:05

To name the Falcon rockets after a well known Stars Wars icon, icing on the cake..

07/02/2018 12:51:56

Been following the Elon Musk story a while.

I think we could do with a few more like him in the world who are capable of thinking then doing some amazing things.

Putting the car, the dummy and the music into orbit... Brilliant

Thread: iX12 ownership
01/02/2018 14:52:53

Here might be a start point for you, plenty of owners over the pond.

Put some time aside as it runs to 230 pages but it certainly gives a great insight into the transmitter.

From memory, actual ownership experience starts somewhere around page 100.

Edited By Devcon1 on 01/02/2018 14:57:01

Thread: Spektrum iX12
29/01/2018 12:55:41

Just wondered if anybody has bought one of these IX12s on this forum.

Out of idle curiosity and being a 50/50 Spektrum Frsky user I've been following the RCGroups thread with interest.

After the initial launch stock no more will be available until the end of March from Horizon. Experiences seem to range from very much liked and ground breaking with no problems reported to some units becoming bricks and failing to start up, charging oddities and sometimes slow operation. Some of the features do seem quite appealing.

Is it inevitable this merging of Android with our systems and will other brands follow this route, I cant imagine Spektrum will be on their own.

Thread: Telly tonight - slope soaring at Ivinghoe.
25/01/2018 22:16:48

I didn't have huge expectations but was rather underwhelmed, the comment re the last big climb made me smile , she should try it in the winter carrying three models and kit.

Earlier shots of the "bowl" slope leading to Pitstone Hill brought back great memories of some epic cross country flights .

Nice to see Dave hasn't changed his moustache but shame we didn't see the other two.

25/01/2018 17:56:07

Good spot, my old spiritual home.

Sean Bannister was a hero and inspired a few of us to thermal and in particular cross country flying.

David Woods and his bother Graham were, in my eyes, at the forefront of those early days of moulded models and did amazing things with those groundbreaking Elipses.

Jim Wright, a stalwart of the ISA together with many other hugely dedicated members of that great association.

Will look forward to it.

Thread: Hitec anyone else thinking of jumping ship
24/01/2018 18:46:47

Percy,

Interesting, I never knew it was that old but but when I was digging around for some info I saw a post that explained it was developed as a very niche programming tool and it was never imagined or intended to be the mass market object it is now.

24/01/2018 18:09:27

Hi Geoff,

A bit beyond my technical knowledge re the module question but I'm sure a bit of internet mining will help. Maybe post the question into the FrSky thread to see if anybody has any direct experience.

When I moved from Spektrum I only swapped a couple of oft used models to FrSky but then as new models joined the fleet they started life with FrSky. I still fly some of my older, but loved, models using a 1st Gen DX8 which I've never had a problem with and will continue to do so.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues