By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul Marsh

Here is a list of all the postings Paul Marsh has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobbico - files for Bankruptcy
15/01/2018 13:06:25
Posted by Paul Marsh on 14/01/2018 10:39:52:

Hobbico are finished, no chance. If carrillion fails, which it will by 5:00pm tomorrow, Hobbico has no chance, as Carrillion has large contracts and Hobbico has pracatically nothing.

As accurately predicted, Carillion fell into administration today, with its stocks suspended. Another company gone.

Thread: Mike Oldfield
14/01/2018 13:38:24

Pioneer Laserdisc. Have an old Pioneer DVD player, still.

Thread: C130 Hercules
14/01/2018 13:35:20

Can fly it with mine. Is a old GWS kit, has nav lights and looks good at dusk.

14/01/2018 10:39:52

Hobbico are finished, no chance. If carrillion fails, which it will by 5:00pm tomorrow, Hobbico has no chance, as Carrillion has large contracts and Hobbico has pracatically nothing. Won't be the last one to go, House of Fraser and Debanhams are starting to feel the pinch, with profit warnings and the like.

Thread: Mike Oldfield
13/01/2018 11:51:27

Ha! I live on my own, even the subwoofer is a 800w amp, a SVS PC12 plus. Although SVS make a more powerfull PC-13 ultra with a 1kw, 3 kw peak output amp.

dscf7968.jpg

13/01/2018 10:41:56

Portsmouth is an odd track, a mixture of middle-age music and electronic. weird.

Regarding Hifi, I also use a reference system; Kef Reference one, Audiolab Amps, SVS Subwoofer and Sherborne AV processor/dac. And a Sonos streamer system.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
12/01/2018 15:27:55

Micro F-86 Sabre, from Hobico. Comes BNF for a Tactic transmitter, which I already have...

f-86sabre (2).jpg

Thread: Slough Model Centre Web Site??????
11/01/2018 18:41:58

Looks like their ISP is a sick puppy.

11/01/2018 17:44:17

Hobbico were supposed to expand into the UK market a while ago. They had a stand at Weston Park for a couple of years, but you could never get their products over here. Then they stopped doing the shows, and not heard of any products that they were bringing out at all

Only the Tactic sets made an impact, but that is more a drop, as they are not well know, although I have one and been quite happy with it, but quite cheaply built...

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
07/01/2018 15:37:16

Almost finished the SBD Dauntless off. The speed brakes were a pain to set up, used quite a few channels, the flap and dive brakes are set in different modes: Flap only, flap and brakes, brakes only. plus retracts.

sbd dauntless (1).jpg

sbd dauntless (7).jpg

Thread: Scammer warning
06/01/2018 20:59:08

My latest experience I've had is not classed a "scam", but some individual who doesn't understand, story is:

A chap was/is selling a Spektrum 9ch receiver on BMFA for £25, and I'd said I'll have it. So the seller had my address, and I paid him, He already sold it, but had no payment, or reply from the other buyer, so he said to I can have it instead.

I sent my Paypal payment,, and I sent a message to tell me when he sends it.

3 days later, the money in my Paypal account hasn't been accepted, and two emails I sent got no reply. Also, he re-listed the rx for £30 now.

So I reversed the payment, which it still hadn't been claimed. Why do people bother to waste their and my time. Maybe the reason why the first buyer didn't buy it probably he did but this seller doesn't know what he's doing...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 06/01/2018 21:00:24

02/01/2018 17:59:17

Some guidelines when buying things in the Classifieds, both on Ebay and elsewhere;

Never pay as "Friends", you are not covered by Paypal, same, use the system to get protection, even if it means you paying a little more, if the seller won't accept it as that. Best having insurance, paying few more pounds than losing the lot.

If you can, try to collect, especially more expensive items. I bought a set of speakers of the HIFI forum, but went round to pickup, but listened to them before handing money over, even then paid by Paypal via android app.

Avoid using couriers, especially if the seller insists on it, it it has to be posted, make sure it is with a company with a good record

Use common sense, if you are suspicious - walk away.

Thread: Clearview - take care
01/01/2018 14:29:19

Strange you mention it, Kaspersky has been axed by Barclays due to issues with Russian security issues.

Thread: JR Propo declare bankruptcy in Japan
30/12/2017 19:26:17

JR Was one of the largest radio brands, and had loads in the past, JR Max 5's, JR APEX, X-347, PCM9,s 3810, etc. Not used JR for a while now, and when they said they were not making new sets anymore, think that was the beginning of the end.

R.I.P. JR.

Thread: Ripmax Bullet
28/12/2017 12:14:34

You might get lucky and see one at a Swapmeet next year. I've seen one or two of them for sale. I've got one myself, when it came out.

Thread: Longer Days.....
23/12/2017 10:16:35

i've noticed that as well, now that you've mentioned it...

Thread: What do I need for flying IC glow
14/12/2017 20:48:37

You could try fuel, without that your engine is a glorified paperweight! blush

Thread: Drones being used for nefarious deeds.
13/12/2017 17:54:21

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42341416

Edited By Paul Marsh on 13/12/2017 17:54:37

Thread: Spektrum iX12
09/12/2017 18:44:17

I wont be buying more Spektrum radios. I have 2 Dx6s, a DX8, 9 and 18QQ and have enough model memories to keep me going, but after the HH debarcle, won't be buying another either.

It looks a nice set, although perfectly happy with my radios, just what happened has put me off.

Was about to get the DX20 when it came out, then got recalled, then the shoot in the foot approach to their marketing.

Thread: Who has what engine in their Precedent Stampes
09/12/2017 10:13:11

OS 120 FS -E. Bit on the low-power side, needs almost full throttle to fly, probably a 150 would be ideal.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues