By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jose L. G.

Here is a list of all the postings Jose L. G. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI
07/12/2017 10:48:35

Good morning.

Great info about the fasteners. cool​ Received the Wood I ordered (I will need more of a few sizes...) Also have the 5" Willians Bross wheels.

One Question. The flying wires are round or flat? I have some flat rigging wires from Mick Rives.

José Luis.

P.S.: I have a book over planes in the Civil Spanish war. There are a history about the three planes that arrived to Spain and the fouth that was built with the parts of the deceased 3. It contains drawings at 1772 scale. Not as detailed as the Westburg. I´ve scaned them.

18/11/2017 12:02:58

Chris

AMAZING WORK have you done with the plans.

17/11/2017 10:24:14

Good morning.

Dennis Bryant indicate in the first sheet of the plan the sources he used for desing the Fury. See the pic.hpim1484.jpg

13/11/2017 16:37:47

Hi Martyn I`ve send you an e-mail with the magazine articles.

11/11/2017 10:19:36

Thanks Danny.

The spinner I`ve received is the old one, bigger than the cowl. In the begining I wasn`t going to order it but the discount is over the full kit, so I included it,

I can use the spinner to make a carbon/fiber one with a ply backplate.

I`ll check the plan ribs you comment. Probably I`ll made the wing in three parts with the center (top and botton) attached to the fuse permanently.

Cheers.

Jose Luis

11/11/2017 09:02:03

hpim1482.jpghpim1480.jpghpim1479.jpg

11/11/2017 08:58:19

Good morning. Yesterday I received a parcel fron Sarik.

I went for the full kit they offered. Now that I have the plan for the model I can check the size of the Wood I need for spars and longerons. I use metric wood, but have some in inches from previous models I`ve built. I`ll check if I can adapt some size from inches to metric.

At this moment I don`t know if it will be electric or i.c. (Glow or petrol). More to come when I study the plan.But in the last six years I only has been flying electric models.

With the kit is included copy of the articles published in RCSI 2004 (three parts). They explains the building and modification of the cowl (a new one) because the part is shorter than in the full size.

That`s all for the momento.

José Luishpim1483.jpg

Edited By Jose L. G. on 11/11/2017 09:01:06

18/09/2017 10:36:57

​Good morning,

​I´ve been following with interest the project. I did not ordered any parts yet.

​I Would like the plan, ñ

laser cut parts /Wood, hinges and metal brackets), cowl and vacuuinner.

​I´ve been supporting Traplet in the past (also a suscriber for QEFI, changed to RCMW when QEFI ceased).

Cheers,

Jose L. G.

Spain

Thread: SLEC Bearcat
03/02/2015 15:44:26

Hi. Nice build.

Today i received mine. I`ve ordered it last week. I missed the Model Desings and was deligted when I hear that it will be released by SLEC Uk..

I`ll beging work on it next week.

Cheers

José Luis G.

Thread: Airsail Auster Aop9
21/11/2013 11:54:43

Hi, ZK, Um!. I havn´t decided on scheme yet. BUT I`M A GREAT FAN OF YELLOW (Pipers, Beavers,...), so probably will be Yellow or like yours, White-Blue. I have a few pics of both planes (No interior ones) from airliners.net.

I`ll begin construction next month, finger crossed, because I have to finish two sailplanes first.

Keep the good work.

José Luis

20/11/2013 18:01:29

Hi.

I`m also ready for building my Little one. I bought it a few years back and cudn`t work on her.

I began aeromodelling with a rubber band powered AOP 9- (Flat fuse) that my father built for me. He used the Wood that he had on hand, samba (like obeche).

Reading your 1/4 built.

Cheers.

José Luis

Thread: JoseL`Panther.
17/06/2013 18:41:56

The paramotor pics.hpim1305_1.jpg hpim1319_1.jpg hpim1322_1.jpg hpim1323_1.jpg

17/06/2013 18:38:00

This saturday I went to the flying field for maidening the gyro. Assembled the rotor and made a range check. All Ok. At this moment arrived to the field a few vehicules and tell us that they are waiting for 9 paramotors. They are making a travel (raid) from Los Palacios (Sevilla) to Sanlucar (in the coast of Cadiz). In a few minutes began appearing and landing in our strip. The take a minutes of relax and refuel the paramotors, eat something and chat with us. When they leave our strip I begn spinning the rotor and added motor. The gyro displaced and make correction with ruder. I think the rotor didn`t manage top speed and after a few trys the giro lifted and fall to the left. (Too much left trim ?) When I retrieved the gyro I noted that the pushrod of pitch was free. So the hops has finished for the day. At home I dissasembled the gyro and the problem was the servo horn. Its broken at the screw hole (center)Also changed the ESC and servo horn (Hyperion carbon reinforced) and assembled ready for new try. Find attached a few pics of the day. hpim1301_1.jpg

Thread: The Panther photo/video thread
13/06/2013 18:24:40

Mine will be maidened this saturday, wind permiting. All is ready to roll. José Luis

12/06/2013 17:29:37

My finished Panther.hpim1300_1.jpg

12/06/2013 17:26:25

Hi there. Finished the cockpit area. Made a balsa mould and using a bottle (Empty !) made the canopy. It`s a bit scratched, so I didn`t put a pilot (a flat one).hpim1298_1.jpgThe balsa mould. Finish sanded and ready for making the canopy.hpim1297_1.jpg A Canopy in a bottle !hpim1299_1.jpg The canopy and the pattern. Translated the lines frrom the balsa to the plastic canopy.hpim1300_1.jpg Glued the canopy. All ready to roll. I`m having problems with the posting (I think is I.Explorer 10).

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
06/06/2013 13:46:58

Hi Richard. Also following your progress. Nice. Will interfere the motor with the servos? José L.

29/05/2013 17:42:00

Hi. I`m still here.

Rich, Koen,

Thanks.wink 2

Finished profilling and balancing the rotor blades. Only missing the canopy (ouch!).

Find attached a few pics.

hpim1289_1.jpg

Finis sanded the blades. Glueing the ply reinforcements (nderside).

hpim1290_1.jpg

Cut the profile of yhe blades in the root.

hpim1292_1.jpg

Fiberglass reinforcement of the blades (top).

hpim1294_1.jpg

Actual status. Missing the canopy. I`m thinking about a few variations.

Thread: Panther Trainer Autogyro
15/05/2013 11:09:32

Hi Allan, Two posts above from yours Richard explains the shim issues. Initially if blades are shaped per the plan no shims will be needed but no hurts. In my photo-build you can find any issue your looking for.José Luis G.

Edited By JLG on 15/05/2013 11:11:19

14/05/2013 18:04:11

Well. Begin making the tool for making the blades. I`ve used sand paper with self adhesive of 80 grade. I`m shaping a blade by day, so I will have the 4 blades for balancing on the week end.

hpim1278_.1.jpg

View of the jig for shaping the blades. The sides are 3 mm 5 plywood and the base is pine. All fixed with glue and screws.

hpim1279_1.jpg

Work on the first blade. Note the step in the balsa. The nose strip is hard and dificult of shaping.

First I made a pass along the lenght of the blade and next make a second pass for refinishing and checking the form of the blade.

hpim1280_1.jpg

The piece of ply with the sand paper attached. The top is 3 mm ply (hard on the hand), must be thicker for working more comfortably.

Until next.

José Luis

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues