By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for captain chaos II

Here is a list of all the postings captain chaos II has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: This cant be right can it?
09/06/2011 15:58:12
Gents,

fistly i would like to thank you all for the replys
A lot of what you all have said does make sence, and of course this thread could go on for weeks on this topic as diffent flyers have differnt opinions.

as a relative novice my self, i think i should realy look at different clubs in the area and maybe compare. different attitudes to flying. and field etiquate

again many thanks for all you imput

09/06/2011 15:43:18
Pete

my imediate reaction was "what a daft this fella is" someone on the strip and he takes off, and with what in my opionion discregaurd for the other flyers, i was also thinking along the lines of what i would do my self and what i do when someone goes deadstick or taking off when i am in the air. If i am in the air give the deadstick flyer as much room as possible and fly to the opsite end of the strip to give them as much room as poss, if deadstick when i am on the deck, keep my model out the way until the flyer has collected his modle and returned to the pitts or at least the the flight line, you never know how compident the bloke is next to you, could be a novice and bricking it doing a dead stick or a good flyer that lands it perfectly you never know.

Personaly i thought the bloke was wrong and should have waited for the strip to clear. for the sake of around 60seconds fligt time lost and waiting for the strip to clear, against a possible long shot of something going wrong on takeoff, personaly i would have waited the 60 Seconds

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 09/06/2011 19:11:29

09/06/2011 13:23:44
Afternoon all

I am new to flying so i have lots to learn, and on occasion a bit of a dumbass but so here goes
Rant mode on
I am in somewhat of a dilemma, I will try to explain .

The other evening whilst at the flying field , a flyer went dead stick and followed the correct procedure by calling dead stick loudly and landed his plane and landed his plane at the far side of the strip. Now this is the bit that causes me concern, another member then proceeded to the flight line and onto the strip without warning proceeded to launch/ takeoff, albeit in the opposite direction to the flyer who was at this time making their way back over the strip with model in hand, now after two days of stewing on it decided to confront the Flyer and questioned their actions they replied that there is no rule of any kind stopping him from launching either hand launch or IC whilst someone else was eiither on the strip or making their way over the strip.

I have checked in the club rules and sure enough there is no rule saying they can’t do this.

in my opinion this was a dangerous action to take , but it looks like I would need to prove it to them before they stop but before they do it again. surely the person launching / taking off was wrong to do so even if there are rules in place or not its called safty for others

feel better now
Rant mode off

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 09/06/2011 13:35:26

Thread: HI
25/05/2011 13:06:43

Jim
afternoon mate
25/05/2011 11:23:36
Hi all,
ive been flying for about 12 months and enjoyed every minute, i prefer helis but got into planes as after a few crashes and waiting for parts to arive for the Helis needed something to fly so bought Arising Star Trainer, Planted that a few times i can tell you but to good and patient frends get me going again, for my second plane im going 3D and bought a Redwing MX2

Thread: Global MX2 3D/50
25/05/2011 11:04:25
Hi all,

I have also bought myself a MX2, I got the RED FAGEN from GLobalRC, i have made one change to it thou, you have a choice when puting in the Stab and Elavators to use either 1 or 2 servovs by removing the connector bar on the elavator, i choose the 2 servo option, so i could possibly add some mixing on the TX after getting to grips with the flying..

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues