Forum sponsored by CML

Flycam One version 2

discussion thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Royden Baker18/01/2008 16:51:00
38 forum posts

Hi David

I know it's over two weeks since you posted this, but forgive me as I have only just spotted your reference to Windows Movie Player not responding to your efforts to rotate your Fly Cam 2 picture.

I didn't think WMP was that sort of prog., but that's maybe because I am a Paint Shop Pro addict, having used it for yonks.  It started out with me as a 1.44 floppy (2 off) installation, so you can tell how long ago that was, and now (I have version 7, which must be getting ancient) it weighs in at 45 MB.

My point is (in case you are wondering!!) it happily rotates FC1 pics, and I cannot remember a time when I could not do something outrageous with a photograph with this program.

However, I suppose by now you have got used to putting the camera on the right way round!!

David Ashby - RCME18/01/2008 19:48:00
10779 forum posts
1609 photos
604 articles
Royden - yes that's the easiest way
Steve Hargreaves - Moderator23/01/2008 12:50:00
6534 forum posts
178 photos

Anyone tried one of these on a "real" model aeroplane...ie an IC powered one????

Is vibration a problem???

Tim Mackey23/01/2008 12:58:00
20925 forum posts
303 photos
15 articles

Yes and yes. ( flycamone version though I doubt this will be any better)

Even under relatively smooth electric power, it still showed up as wobbles on the film. 

jvn0123/01/2008 13:35:00
48 forum posts
I've found most vids taken with an electric seem pretty wobble-free..
Bill(Rowdy) Yates23/01/2008 19:43:00
40 forum posts

The only wobble I get from my flycamone on my gws tiger moth is the tossing about in the wind, apart from that I think its pretty vibration free. It is fitted on top of the top wing as per wing walker pattern.I find this a very good way to get video's, as long as the camera is placed at the correct C of G the plane still flys very well. I have made a small balsa wood frame and taped it in the upright position in the centre of the wing,with a slight tilt forward and it still misses the prop field of vision,

Unfortunately still lots of wind and rain so no flying as yet.

Michael Lank24/01/2008 07:35:00
56 forum posts

Royden,

Paint Shop Pro is for editing still photos, whereas Windows Media Player WMP is for viewing videosand listening to audio (a player not, for editing) and Windows Movie Maker is used for editing videos, including rotation.

Royden Baker24/01/2008 14:12:00
38 forum posts
Thanks for that information Michael, never had to edit a video, so I would not have come across this shortcoming in PSP, although it handles animations O.K.
Chris Salomon28/01/2008 13:22:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Anyone had the lugs break off the mount at all?

It isn't the sturdiest bit of kit and doesn't give a positive 'click' when in place but when I fitted mine yesterday the lugs broke off with no excessive input from me!

Tim Kearsley28/01/2008 16:16:00
558 forum posts

Chris,

Not had them all break off but had one go without undue force being applied.

Cheers,

Tim.

Chris Salomon28/01/2008 20:15:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

I notice there is a comment on the Acme website that there is a forthcoming software update that will allow the recording to be turned 180 degrees.

Also an interesting comment about version A and B, how to tell which you have got and which version of the firmware to download.  Now they tell us!

tim oakley25/02/2008 10:18:00
1 forum posts

Hi Guys, i have been on the flycam website, cant post on there for some reason, had a prob with cold weather operation, when camera mounted on my jet. Ok down to minus 2 degs when stationary but fails after 2.5 mins on plane. Many people having same prob. I flew yesterday, no probs at all, even in the rain.

I fitted a heater circuit powered by a AAA battery. Opened the case and placed 6.5 inche length of resistance wire up the side from bottom of case, half way up then bent 90 degs inwards, then 90 degrees up, then around the LCD and back the same, exit out the bottom. Covered the wire with small strip of insulation tape. Closed case. Wire heats to 38 degs for @ 50 mins. I also wrapped the camera in some underfloor insulation, with ally side to camera case and 1.5 mm polysterene on outside, then covered everything in electric insulation tape. With heater on 1 min before flight and powered during flight, perfect. On fourth flight, left battery out for flight, perfect, so could be insulation keeping cam warm, or may be insulation keeping cold air out.

Could some one please post this up on the flyacm website, under cold weather operation problems, i would really appreciate it. many thanx Tim

Michael Lank25/02/2008 10:34:00
56 forum posts

Hi Tim,

I have posted it for you on the FCO forum.

Out of interest, what gauge wire did you use? 50 mins from a AAA is excellent.

One thing to bear in mind is that you are putting a heater near to a Lipo battery - could cause a fire risk, especially if the insulation tape melts and the wire shorts.  I wonder if heat shrink would be safer?

I had better success with keeping the camera warm, and covering it in insulation.

Someone I know has bought the FCO Rapid Rush SD card and says he has had better results with it than his previous SD card.. though it also coincides with warmer weather here!
Chris Hornby25/02/2008 14:51:00
46 forum posts
2 articles

I am flying my flycamone2 in South Africa at the moment. No problems with temperature and it is as good as gold. I will try and post some footage soon

CHris

David Ashby - RCME27/02/2008 08:36:00
10779 forum posts
1609 photos
604 articles

Just as an aside - had a notification from J.Perkins Ltd yesterday to say they are now the official distributor for the FCO.2 so it should be on order from most model shops.  It's on their website.  www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk

jvn0127/02/2008 15:59:00
48 forum posts
Chris Hornby wrote (see)

I am flying my flycamone2 in South Africa at the moment. No problems with temperature and it is as good as gold. I will try and post some footage soon

CHris

I imagine the temperature is just lovely!  Take it easy now Chris it must be time to turn the meat on the barbie already Just think of us poor wotnots roughing it over here in Blighty winter eh! Look forward to seeing the SA footage you get..
Chris Salomon27/02/2008 17:56:00
157 forum posts
2 photos
Let's think, which is the most viable economically, a heater for the Flycam or a move to South Africa?  Hmmmm.....................tricky!!!
Kevin27/02/2008 18:07:00
26 forum posts
2 photos

I bought the Flycamone V2 for Christmas, and have had all the problems, from turning off in flight, wobble images, and wierd colours, this was with a £20 2GB HIGH SPEED SD CARD from PC World. I have now just bought the FLYCAMONE - 2GB HIGH SPEED SD CARD from Robotbirds with total success, even in very cold conditions. I am now one happy chappy.

Kevvy.

Chris Hornby27/02/2008 19:25:00
46 forum posts
2 articles

Link to my movie over Johannesburg (model) International airport

http://www.rcmovie.de/view_video.php?viewkey=757c71b88be8adbfd10e

I have come up with my first problem: Soundtrack recording fine but out of sync with video which stops before the sound. Guess I need that high speed card, but strange that I havnt come across it before.

Oh well, back to the boerewors on the braai I guess!

Chris

Chris Salomon28/02/2008 10:30:00
157 forum posts
2 photos

Well the rest of us aren't jealous one little bit of your flying field Chris......................as if!!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues