Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

HD having no relation w/ HiDef but simply Hybrid Depron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

McG 696918/05/2017 20:43:58
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Thanks a 'LotH', Iris.

... but, well... euh... humm... blush blush angel smiley cocktail ...

Not so sure if I could find a budget to pay you to come over and maiden the Bella, John. Planning a city trip to BRU?

But thank you for your nice words anyway.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR blush Control

Peter Miller20/05/2017 10:49:50
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

Hi Chris.

Just started a new build, the first for about 6 months. and I have been using those mini squeeze bottles from Banggood that you reccomended.

I am really pleased with them, They save so much glue compared with the standard Aliphatic bottle and I don't get glue everywhere

Great idea Thanks!

Steven Shaw20/05/2017 16:35:30
185 forum posts
94 photos

I've been using them also; that was a great tip Chris.

McG 696920/05/2017 17:10:03
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Hello Peter & Steven,

I’m really glad that you both like them.

When I first started to use the Aliphatic bottle, I made a real mess out of it with glue all over the wooden bits… but nearly felt like a ‘builder’ when I discovered the BG tiny bottles. wink

As I noted that several forumites ordered them as well, I’m pleased that I could do something back for the members around here where I learned so much during the ‘long’ Ballerina build. yes

Looking forward to see your new design soon, Peter.

Thank you for your kind note, gents.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Squeezy Bottle Control

McG 696922/05/2017 20:19:09
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Hi everybody,

As to finalize the Bella, I went on a little with the driver/pilot.

I suppose you were all expecting the see Pierre at the controls but unfortunately when he had some ski-holiday in Biarritz last winter, he must have met some cute ‘Pierrette’ over there. We’ll never really know though as he never came back for duty…

Some of you might remember that during my early ‘testing days’ I encountered a serious ‘mishap’ when casting a pilot bust.

335_alienpierre1_900.jpg

He doesn’t look that good, really.

336_alienpierre2_900.jpg

Or should I say: “Really doesn’t look good at all”… surprise

Anyhow, I decided not to bin it right away but instead to try a ‘recycling’ process.

732_pufoam_pierre01_900.jpg

A few bits of foam and (nearly) half a tube of Por later, I managed to have something like a ‘Voodoo Pierrenstein’…

752_pufoam_pierre03_900.jpg

Then an attempt to the following salvation step with the help of lightweight filler.

904_fredb_test03_900.jpg

I took the pic above when I was testing the ‘Fred B’ sauce on some Depron - about one year ago ! - and I guess the figurine at the left starts to look ‘nearly’ acceptable now.

I’m fully convinced I’ll never become a sculpture ‘bodger’ but at least I can prove that I did give it a try. blush

1403_pufoam_christa01_900.jpg

Stay tuned as there is more to come soon. wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Recycling Control

Peter Miller23/05/2017 08:58:32
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

That last picture looks as if he had been doing wild aerobatics or been out ina rough sea ina small boatlaugh

McG 696923/05/2017 18:14:25
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Your comment gave me a large grin, Peter.

It might have been some 'wild aquabatics in a small boat during a twister' as well then? surprise

For sure the polymer clay's color isn't helping a lot in this case... wink

I'm trying now to get rid of the 'green' and will be back when Bella's pilot seems operational.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Aquabatics Control

Iris Vieghe23/05/2017 21:15:57
47 forum posts

The green one looks like Shrek's brother... smile p

Cheers,

Iris

BRU - BE | Out of Control

onetenor23/05/2017 23:02:47
1373 forum posts

Nice one Iris. I knew an Iris once She taught me to dance.Gorgeous brunette a year older then me but unfortunately nothing came of it. Great shame

Iris Vieghe24/05/2017 07:15:27
47 forum posts
Posted by onetenor on 23/05/2017 23:02:47:

Nice one Iris. I knew an Iris once She taught me to dance.Gorgeous brunette a year older then me but unfortunately nothing came of it. Great shame

Thank you for sharing this nice memory. Although my name is also Iris, I can tell you without any doubt it certainly wasn't me. I'm a danger on the dancefloor... wink​ Have a great sunny day!

McG 696924/05/2017 18:29:53
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Hello again to all,

As The LotH’s Foundation remains a primary ‘sponsor’ of my ‘toyish’ behaviour, my basic wisdom suggests not to have further comments regarding Iris being a potential “danger on the dance floor”… angel

After the introduction to Pierrenstein’s basic history, I recently went on finallizing Bella’s ‘new’ pilot in command.

A few thin layers of acrylics, a bit of weathering for the jacket and cap, some pieces of shoe lace for the safety harness, a ‘genuine’ Svarovski on the left collet and some printed water tranfer to obtain the ‘final face’, aka ‘the mask’.

2663_finalpix_colombina03_900.jpg

Please, let me introduce Christa McGee, Petr Millarisz’s ‘fiancée’ that he married when working with her father in the States during Part 2 of the Official Bella History.

I guess - I'm pretty sure, in fact - that you all remember that Part? cool

Well, she is now very officially Bella’s Pilot In Command and her final weight - including the Svarovski stone - is just 21gr.

2659_finalpix_colombina05_900.jpg

Isn’t she a convincing Colombina? … wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Colombina Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 24/05/2017 18:32:55

Peter Miller24/05/2017 18:34:01
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

I would not want to meet her on a dark night!!!

McG 696924/05/2017 18:50:54
1678 forum posts
731 photos

héhé... probably not, Peter... moon

... but then, you could get hypnotized by that 'mysteriously shining' Svarovski stone... devil

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Hypno Control

Iris Vieghe24/05/2017 19:05:50
47 forum posts

Ooooooh... a woman in command of this beautiful airplane.

Me like ... a lot(h) heart heart heart

Hakuna MAMAtata

Iris

BRU - BE | Fun Control

McG 696926/05/2017 18:37:02
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Hi everybody,

As the end of the Bella build is very close now with a scale session remaining to have an idea of the final weight, with a motor test bench and a CoG balance ‘thingie’ to build as the ‘finger method’ doesn’t seem to work properly when done by this apprentice, I received some very nice and appropriate news.

The LotH’s Foundation is officially rewarding my dedication to Bella’s project with a pre-summer trip to Ouzo-land.

So I did spend the last days here in BE to accelerate my basic knowledge of some ‘kitchen’ Greek language…

My best approach so far is (phonetically) > “Dýo potíria lefkó krasí, parakaló”… surprise

… and I still really hope that the local Cretan people will be able to understand it as it is supposed to mean “Two glasses of white wine, please”… wink

Thank you for the great intermezzo-idea, Iris.

Hakuna matata & happy landings to all

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Kalimera Control

Peter Miller26/05/2017 18:48:09
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

Hi Chris.

Are you doing ghe CG test with the model inverted? No good trying it with the model the right way up.

McG 696912/06/2017 07:47:17
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Thank you for that wise advice, Peter & apologies for this (very) late answer but - rather unfortunately - we’re just back in BE(er)-land.

As it is a ‘low wing’, I will balance the Ballerina upside down in due time, but to be honest I’m not sure to understand the reason properly, except maybe in regard to some ‘pendulum momentum’ involved. No idea, really.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Pendulum Control

Peter Miller12/06/2017 08:23:42
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

If youhave the CG above the pivot point that you are using to check theCGit will be almost impossible to find the exact point as the model will try to fall forwards or backwards all the time.

By having the fuselage below the pivot point it will hand down and you will find the exact point where it hangs level..

If you don't believe me just try it and see.

McG 696917/06/2017 09:26:54
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Apologies again for the late answer, Peter.

As Bella's build is completed now, I must say that I'm not logging in that often anymore.

But I do certainly believe you and will try it as soon as I've build a CoG stand, but at the moment I still feel like in 'Cretan Holiday Mode' and thus quite 'lazy'. angel

I will also have a final weight check of the completed Ballerina when I make it to La Grotte. Promised.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Lazyness Control

McG 696919/06/2017 19:26:23
1678 forum posts
731 photos

Hello to everybody still out there,

I thought I would share a little ‘souvenir’ I brought back from Creta as I think this picture tells it all: a lot of islands, splendid crystalline water, a typical local fishing boat - named a ‘trehantiri’ over there - and those omnipresent ‘greek blue’ colour accents.

trehantiri_iris_chris_900.jpg

If you have a close look at the pic, you will find the name ‘ΧΡΙΣΟΣ’ on the stern of the little barque. Well, it reads ‘Chrisos’ and just means my first name in Greek.  smiley

Funny touch, of course. But, by deduction, I guess you can all easily discover the name given to the ‘mastership’ at the left…  surprise

Anyhow ‘intermezzi’ are certainly very nice, but I guess I’ll have to get back to La Grotte ‘soon or later’ now.  angel

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Master Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 19/06/2017 19:28:09

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues