Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Palmer27/03/2017 22:41:15
223 forum posts
95 photos

Keep you eye for an update, the Profi has just had a further update which has added Multiplexs Safe-Link which allows you to lock a Rx to specific model memories and they've advised that this is coming to the Cockpit Sx.

Ooh, I like the sound of that, something else to stop me being an idiot!

Broken Prop28/03/2017 18:44:22
445 forum posts
1 photos

'...allows you to lock a Rx to specific model memories...'

I'm going to show my ignorance and ask wazzat then?

Also where do you find Safe Link on the updated Profi?

Also, how do you find out what the latest TX upgrade does? I can't find an explanation anywhere.

Told you I was ignorant. wink

Pete

Edited By Broken Prop on 28/03/2017 18:45:05

Frank Skilbeck28/03/2017 22:41:04
3581 forum posts
84 photos

I'm subscribed to the Multiplex newsletters, but you can also find news here https://www.multiplex-rc.de/aktuelles/news.html and there are also some facebook pages too, and the Multiplex technical forum, some of these are in German but google chrome does a good job of translating these.

Safe link is settings menu, just underneath binding. Safe link i like a version of Model Match where if you select the wrong model it won't link up, the difference is that there are only 50 safe link slots so you can have a RX linked to multiple model memories, Multiplex have said they have provided this as they know some modellers like to have different set ups on a single model and his saves having to rebind each time they use a different set up.

Information on various updates is added to the manuals section in the Multiplex launcher program, but as is usual he manual updates do lag the actual firmware by a few days.

Broken Prop29/03/2017 10:40:57
445 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Frank. It looks like I have some catching up to do. yes

Pete

Ikura19/05/2017 20:09:59
10 forum posts

Hi Frank, have you any inside news on when there might be a Version 3.30 English manual available for the Profi TX? I see there is a German version available but not an English one as yet.

Frank Skilbeck19/05/2017 22:49:40
3581 forum posts
84 photos
Posted by Ikura on 19/05/2017 20:09:59:

Hi Frank, have you any inside news on when there might be a Version 3.30 English manual available for the Profi TX? I see there is a German version available but not an English one as yet.

No idea, I don't have any spies in Multiplexlaugh

Ikura20/05/2017 08:07:54
10 forum posts

Ok thanks. I guess it's a wait and see game but hopefully the English version will be coming sometime soon.

One of the guys I fly with is really impressed with the Cockpit SX9 and has decided to sell his Spektrum DX9 and buy the SX9. I think there will be a few raised eyebrows but quite a few are migrating towards the FRsky Taranis and are really enjoying the capabilities it offers.

It will be very good if Multiplex make the Safe Link available for the Cockpit SX at some point. It isn't a problem not having it but better if it were available.

Frank Skilbeck20/05/2017 08:31:40
3581 forum posts
84 photos

They said it would be coming shortly for the Cockpit Sx https://www.multiplex-rc.de/aktuelles/news/detail/safe-link.html (use google chrome to translate).

I was just reading Tony Nijhuis's Harrier project update in this months RCME where he has 2 receivers which switch with a micro switch for switching from hover on the flight controller and forward flight, this is something you could do on the Profi with the safelink switching facility.

Ikura20/05/2017 08:57:43
10 forum posts

Thanks Frank, that is excellent. I did skip-read that news but completely missed the Cockpit SX bit. It does seem that Multiplex are really on top of software updates for the Cockpit SX and Profi TX, which is rather reassuring in these changing times.

The Profi TX certainly is a capable transmitter and does open up lots of possibilities. I have my eye on a LET Models Taborca and already have a Sirion 3mtr flying wing I will be building this coming winter along with the Höllein F5J 'Inside' - 6 flap glider that are all destined for the Profi TX.

Andy Palmer20/05/2017 08:58:20
223 forum posts
95 photos
Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 08:07:54:

One of the guys I fly with is really impressed with the Cockpit SX9 and has decided to sell his Spektrum DX9 and buy the SX9.

I have the latest version Cockpit SX (the C3)and having seen, heard, and tried mine a clubmate has just sold his Spektrum gear and bought a Cockpit SX. I sold my previous Cockpit SX (a C2) to another clubmate who has also now sold his Spektrum gear.

Ikura20/05/2017 09:57:08
10 forum posts

I think the Cockpit SX styling is a bit 'Marmite' and is likely to put some people off but when you get the thing in your hands and fly with it there really is a quality feel to it. I have felt very confident flying with the Cocpit SX and flew my Easy Glider Pro with the very cheap RX-5 'Light' receiver almost out of sight without any issues at all. I definitely would have lost sight of the Easy Gliser Pro before the signal went walkabout.

The battery life is absolutely brilliant. I can fly all day without even thinking about it which is very different from my DX8. The battery on the DX8 was always very low by the time we usually wrapped up and I never flew very far away from me later in the afternoon just in case.

I will also add that the DX8 G2 never gave me any problems at all. I just never liked the feel of it and really disliked the stick action. I did start to get nervous with the number of signal losses other Spektrum users were experiencing and decided I would go with Multiplex.

Yes Multiplex is more expensive, but you really do get what you pay for and I'm extremely happy that I made the move.

Percy Verance20/05/2017 10:45:51
5203 forum posts
106 photos

Hi David

I have several of the RX5 Light receivers, including one I've had in my Easy Star for nigh on three years. Not a bit of bother, and plenty enough range for me.

Battery life on the Cockpit is stated as 25 hours or so on a full charge. Certainly I can enjoy several afternoon sessions per week before I even bother to look at what stage the charge is.

Styling is pretty much a subjective issue. After all, some folk go out and actually buy a Nissan Joke Juke.

Edited By Percy Verance on 20/05/2017 10:49:59

Andy Palmer20/05/2017 10:49:57
223 forum posts
95 photos

Ikura, a mate took a photo of me holding my Cockpit SX the other day as he said it looked as if I was holding it upside down. I think it's the lack of aerial that makes it appear a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it.

I have loads of the cheap RX-5 receivers and they have all performed perfectly. I also have some RX-5's with telemetry and one RX-7 dual rx. Yesterday I was flying a 2 metre electric glider (fitted with an RX-5 single rx with telemetry) and hit some really strong lift. When the speech announced I had passed the 500m altitude mark I bottled out and spun down! I took this photo showing the maximum readings after I had landed. 520m is 1706 feet!

2017-05-19 15.52.06.jpg

Ikura20/05/2017 10:54:30
10 forum posts

Hi Brian,

Good to know the RX5 receivers are bomb proof. Have you noticed how fast the SX charges up? I have been amazed at the brief amount of time it takes to 'top up' the battery, even when half empty.

I wonder if Multiplex will release a Royal SX in the same styling as the Cockpit? It would be nice if they did but perhaps it would be too close, and detract from sales of the Profi? I guess there is no way of knowing what they will do but I will be more than happy if they continue with what they have.

Percy Verance20/05/2017 11:10:14
5203 forum posts
106 photos

Hi David

I can't see an updated Royal coming anytime soon David as they've already done it just 12 months or so back, fitting Profi stick units along with a few other little tweaks.

Yes, it's a fairly quick charge time. Mine takes slightly longer though as I charge using a little USB plug adaptor thingy I bought for the job, which has charge rate options of both 2.1amp or 1 amp. I use the latter.

And yes, the *no aerial* thing does take a little while to become accustomed. 

Edited By Percy Verance on 20/05/2017 11:17:03

Ikura20/05/2017 13:22:19
10 forum posts
Posted by Andy Palmer on 20/05/2017 10:49:57:

Ikura, a mate took a photo of me holding my Cockpit SX the other day as he said it looked as if I was holding it upside down. I think it's the lack of aerial that makes it appear a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it.

I have loads of the cheap RX-5 receivers and they have all performed perfectly. I also have some RX-5's with telemetry and one RX-7 dual rx. Yesterday I was flying a 2 metre electric glider (fitted with an RX-5 single rx with telemetry) and hit some really strong lift. When the speech announced I had passed the 500m altitude mark I bottled out and spun down! I took this photo showing the maximum readings after I had landed. 520m is 1706 feet!

2017-05-19 15.52.06.jpg

Hi Andy,

That is a pretty impressive altiude and like you, I would have bottled it too. I haven't used telemetry as yet but I have a couple of Varios and plan on using one in my Heron when I can figure out where to put it. The problem with foam gliders is the amount of foam in the fuselage. They don't leave much room for additional equipment.

Andy Palmer20/05/2017 13:31:38
223 forum posts
95 photos

I use the SM Modellbau UniSens-E one and it's pretty small, simply plugs in between the battery and esc. It sends lots of info, current, capacity used, rpm, voltage, as well as the vario and altimeter. My glider is a foamy, an Art Tech ASK-21.

20170330_124229.jpg

Ikura20/05/2017 13:37:28
10 forum posts

Hi Andy,

That looks excellent. I'll go take a look at one.

Is it easy to configure?

Frank Skilbeck20/05/2017 14:00:31
3581 forum posts
84 photos
Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 13:37:28:

Hi Andy,

That looks excellent. I'll go take a look at one.

Is it easy to configure?

Very easy, even though it's all in German!, but English instructions here. If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

Ikura20/05/2017 14:15:42
10 forum posts

Brilliant, thanks Frank.

I'm afraid I don't do home made electronics. I don't have the skills or time with family, running our own business and trying to get enough time to fly regularly. I take my hat off to those who do posess the skills to make their own electronics though. One of the guys I fly with is very good at that and makes some incredible things.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Overlander
CML
Skip Model April
Gliders Distribution
SHREK
Advertise With Us
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us