Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

hobbyking - big changes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Donald Fry06/01/2017 17:45:43
1391 forum posts
27 photos

I think you can say the site is worse than it was. It is more prescriptive, and why, o why do I wish to be offered items from Australia or Russia, or even their "big" idea of orders from mutiple warehouses at the same time for multiple post charges. A fool designed it, with an idiot team of second rate techies executing the ruin. It is a marketing disaster.

And an internet only jestocracy. Pity the stuff the sell is pretty good, but the y are a pain to deal with.

cymaz06/01/2017 17:49:57
6308 forum posts
824 photos

Puffin models did free shipping one recent order. So it worked out cheaper than HK...

Erfolg06/01/2017 17:51:27
10177 forum posts
905 photos

Donald fair enough, I do not disagree at all at the confusion with respect to the postal charges. On reflection I was caught out on my Dutch purchase, and one item from England. Yep, you are correct.

iqon06/01/2017 18:14:51
1116 forum posts
233 photos

Plus points - they now have got their act together and delivery is quick.

negative - Its different and frustrating at times

still worth the effort of taking longer to find the items you want

Yes it can be improved. But I would not hesitate to purchase from them

Dave Bran07/01/2017 12:44:38
1591 forum posts
5 photos

Worth the effort? Try to get a 250 Flybarless Head or 250 FBL head or any normal search engine variants (from ANY warehouse) and see what it offers!

I'm not only hesitating, I'm def not bothering to TRY searching any longer.

Bob Burton07/01/2017 14:12:58
150 forum posts
Posted by Dave Bran on 07/01/2017 12:44:38:

Worth the effort? Try to get a 250 Flybarless Head or 250 FBL head or any normal search engine variants (from ANY warehouse) and see what it offers!

How about doing a Google search ?

Put this into Google: 250 Flybarless Head site:hobbyking.*

Denis Watkins07/01/2017 15:58:38
1230 forum posts
57 photos

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/helicopters/flybarless-components/rotor-head.html

Denis Watkins07/01/2017 16:00:57
1230 forum posts
57 photos

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flybarless-rotor-head-assembly-trex-250-hk250.html

Out of Stock am afraid

onetenor07/01/2017 16:15:02
797 forum posts

Try Gear Best Just Google Gear Best

Erfolg11/01/2017 21:06:30
10177 forum posts
905 photos

I think there are still glitches with the system for ordering. In this case specifically postal charges.

I have just made an order of three items, all from Hong Kong. Yet the postal charges through up a £1.16 (approx) postal charge from the Netherlands, in addition to the Hong Kong charge.

I verified all the items were from Hong Kong. Tried reloading the items, the charge kept reappearing.

The total order is only for approx £17, it costs me over £5 to go to the nearest LMS, plus the cost of the items is approx *2. So it is a price that is worth paying. Yet annoying all the same. When I get the order it may become apparent as to why the additional Netherland postal charge.

Gordon Tarling12/01/2017 12:57:28
133 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by Dave Bran on 07/01/2017 12:44:38:

Try here - **LINK** I've bought quite a few bits and pieces from this shop - good quality parts, good service and reasonable delivery costs.

Erfolg12/01/2017 16:14:04
10177 forum posts
905 photos

It does appear that the items I have ordered are being dispatched from two different locations. This is inspite of confirming that all were from the Hong Kong site, in addition I did reload the page twice.

I have confirmation that the order is split, in that there are two order reference number sequences.

It does seem there are a few issues still to be ironed out.

Donald Fry12/01/2017 21:07:14
1391 forum posts
27 photos

Erfolg, I had the same issue. I had a long and robust argument with them. Their system can't be wrong. Have a nice day, we sympathise and hear what you are trying to say. Is there anything else.

The secret is I believe, when you get to post stage, if the mention 2 post charges, don't order. It may be good to get a screen shot to confirm what you say.

But I think the damage they have done to their system is deeper that what we see from the customers side

Erfolg12/01/2017 22:15:20
10177 forum posts
905 photos

Donald

I did suspect that there was and remains a problem with the HK ordering module. Although i guessed or perhaps knew, that the issue was there and real, as I could see that two postal charges were being made, in this instant it was convenient just to accept the additional costs is approx £1.

The problem will eventually show up in an imbalance between what is being taken in payments and the value of the profit on the Dutch warehouse. As I am pretty sure that the payment taken for the Dutch warehouse item, was not the Dutch price, it was the Hong Kong price. In this instance just a few pennies.

I expect that this issue has occurred a number of times. How many have complained is another matter. I could not be bothered. If the differences were greater I probably will be.

Again if i were HK management i would be very concerned, primarily in that this could be one of a number of issues, when the issues become apparent, they could be very costly to HK. They may not actually be making a profit, or holding and ordering the stock necessary for successful trading.

All of which suggests that not only was the programming poor, it seems to remain poor. The error checking seems to equally poor. Swapping sites just seems one of the tests to undertake. I wonder if some of the invalid entries have been properly checked, and that the values expected are actually replicated and so on.

Tony Richardson18/03/2017 19:23:13
530 forum posts
25 photos

Don't know anything about the Hong Kong site Erfolg other than the shipping cost was a lot more than the US site for batteries I ordered recently, the cost of which was only slightly lower. After some issues at the end of last year I felt frustrated enough to throw in the towel so to speak but after pricing batteries locally I decided to give it another try, placed an order with the US wharehouse Tuesday morning at 10-15 order arrived at my door Thursday morning at 9-30 via Fedex fastest ever US to Canada order I have ever had, shipping cost was $21 us, from Hong Kong was $27us the saving on product would have been $1-50 us and a long wait so well pleased at the outcome they have redeemed themselves somewhat until the next time, have to see how next order goes maybe they have it all sorted at last.

AndyD18/03/2017 20:22:40
545 forum posts
398 photos

used them twice just lately with no problems although their prices are not really any cheaper than any body else and their stock seems very limited at the uk depot.

Maurice Harvey18/03/2017 20:44:00
66 forum posts

Now Hobby King's site seems to have bedded down I find it quite acceptable to use.Staying over in the U.K. last week, an half hour's drive from their Elmsett store, I ordered in the evening and collected the next morning. I realise that you are somewhat restricted in what's available but it was enough to keep me happy. In contrast, I rang two LHS, (not so local as they were an hour and a half away) regarding an ARTF to bring home, which their website showed in stock, to be told, after much rummaging that they were out of stock, next delivery expected in a couple of month's time. Will they ever learn?

Donald Fry18/03/2017 20:53:57
1391 forum posts
27 photos

Try finding a 5000 6s battery on their finder. After 40 minutes you will find, if you live in Europe, you are out of luck. The old site would have told you in 10 seconds. Their stuff is OK, but you can't find it. Yesterday, their prop finder told me, in all seriousness, they do not do 12 by 6 counter clockwise plastic 2 blade props.

How difficult is it to write a site where I am not offered stuff from places they will not post from. And we are months down the road from the old clunky site to the new platform which is 2 steps back.

Perhaps the owners are happy that it even works a bit, after their disasters.

David Mellor18/03/2017 21:38:48
104 forum posts
71 photos

On a more positive note.....

When the HK site changed I found the new format off-putting and difficult at first. Since then, though, I have become more familiar with it (and they seem to have smoothed out some issues). I've had half a dozen orders recently and every one of them has not only been dealt with very fast and efficiently, but their communications (including a complicated query to Hong Kong) have been exceptionally good.

I know HK have come in for a lot of criticism, but I have always found them completely reliable and super efficient.

And no, I have no shares in the firm or any connection to it other than as a satisfied customer.

Dave

Edited By David Mellor on 18/03/2017 21:39:54

Erfolg18/03/2017 21:40:16
10177 forum posts
905 photos

I have ordered and received a few items from both the UK, Dutch and Hong Kong site recently. Two separate purchases from the UK site arrived the next day.

I am not sure that the range of products is as wide as in earlier times, although better than any LMS.

What encouraged me is that a ESC ordered did have a lowish letter charge. In the recent past these have been treated as if they were massive, heavy boxes.

They are not perfect yet and I expect they will never reach such a pinnacle. Things have improved a lot from the debacle that started this thread.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
SHREK
Overlander
TJD Models
CML
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What's the main radio brand you use? (2017)
Q: What's the main radio brand you use?

FrSky
 Turnigy
 Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 JR
 Spektrum
 Graupner
 Jeti
 Other

Latest Reviews