Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Picco 60 S/E carb & exhaust parts wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bill Michie12/12/2016 14:15:59
82 forum posts
5 photos

Hi all, I have recently acquired a 70's vintage Picco 60 but it's missing a couple of bits & I wondered if anyone could help:

The carb is missing the HS needle, it's a threaded needle pressed into an aly sleeve (similar to the Irvine design), probably with an internal o-ring seal.

There is no exhaust stub fitted; it's a circular stub with 2 stud holes & o-ring seal; also a matching manifold (similar to the Rossi tubular one, attached with a spring clamp around the cylinder).

Would love to run this engine (& fit to a model in due course) & it seems otherwise very good, with monster compression (still a noticeable pinch too).

Any ideas or bits? I'm not sure if Rossi or OPS parts would fit or not. Carb has a 16mm spigot with approx 8.5mm bore.

Regards & have a great Christmas!

Bill

Denis Watkins12/12/2016 14:44:47
1732 forum posts
80 photos

Just engines.co.UK have all manner of carb parts and whole units Bill

Peter Android12/12/2016 15:16:16
61 forum posts
2 photos

Mr M.

According to gurgle , some versions of this motor were fitted with the HB PDP Carb ?

If your do a current search for " webra carb " on Fleapit , there is a chap with a few vintage engines in various states of repair , which may be of use ? or possibly not.

hope this helps.

P.

Bill Michie12/12/2016 17:26:21
82 forum posts
5 photos

Thanks guys; I've looked at various carbs I have with engines, but not many fit due to the spigot size being 16mm! Webra .61 carbs are much smaller spigot size. Hoping (against hope!) to try keep it original if I can. Stangely enough, an Irvine 53 carb slots straight in & has similar bore but MUCH less venturi profile. ST.61 & OS .61 carbs don't fit either, at least without a sleeve, so there are other possibilities if I can't get OEM parts. Exhaust likewise as it's an odd shape/size. IIRC, the Perry carbs were fitted to some Italian engines for better throttling & midrange, or matched to Perry pumps.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking in the meantime.

Regards,

Bill

Engine Doctor12/12/2016 17:43:11
1688 forum posts
4 photos

Try Weston UK . Alan used to be an agent for picco engines and may have spares. 

Bill Michie12/12/2016 20:31:45
82 forum posts
5 photos

Didn't know that, thanks will try Alan.

john stones 112/12/2016 21:50:33
8223 forum posts
1318 photos

You got a picture of what you're needing ?

I have a draw full of stuff, you never know your luck.
John

Bill Michie12/12/2016 22:11:06
82 forum posts
5 photos

OK, will take some pics tomorrow & post. Also a quick Tinternet search for the engine brings up loads of additional photos if you feel like taking a look. (probably better illustrated than I can do!)

Thanks & Regards,

Bill

Nigel R13/12/2016 09:20:41
447 forum posts
124 photos
Posted by Engine Doctor on 12/12/2016 17:43:11:

Try Weston UK . Alan used to be an agent for picco engines and may have spares.Â

Weston also list ED carbs for sale - spigot size can be specified when ordering.

Bill Michie13/12/2016 19:08:53
82 forum posts
5 photos

Struggling to upload pics (Doh!)

Weston's also looking into it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Bill

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
SHREK
Overlander
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us