By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Staufenbiel

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mel Jones17/02/2017 16:37:36
36 forum posts

I placed an order with Staufenbiel Germany a couple of weeks ago, I can see my order on the customer service area of their website, I can also see it has not yet been dispatched.

I would like to know why this is so but any emails I sent them are not answered, I have tried to phone them but as I do not speak German it was difficult, in the end I just gave up.

Can anyone offer any advise please?

Edited By Mel Jones on 17/02/2017 16:38:47

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator17/02/2017 17:11:07
14493 forum posts
1308 photos

I must be honest I am surprised by this. Up to now all I hear are very positive reports about Stauffie. Have you tried different email addresses? Sometimes companies don't monitor particular addreeses, may be that is the case here.

Also have you tried using Google Translate or similar so you can send your email in English and in German in the same "package" (but don't forget to say you need a reply prefably in English!) Google translate is not perfect - but as long as you write in simple sentences it is very good.

Despite my comments above I am also surprised you were not able to get through to someone on the phone who spoke English. I have had emails from them composed in perfect English so there are people in the company able to do this. Did you give them time to find someone to speak to you?

BEB

Ronaldo17/02/2017 17:11:32
110 forum posts

Very unusual that Mel.

Hoping to reassure you here, as my club mate and I have ordered many kits, servos, radio gear from them over the past 3 years with no problems, any communications were by email, they are usually fairly quick to reply, and in English as BEB mentioned. Hopefully they may just have temporary glitch in the system they are trying to fix.

Don't give up yet, send another email or two. Hope you get your order sorted.

Ronaldo

Edited By Ronaldo on 17/02/2017 17:14:02

Andy Palmer17/02/2017 18:34:07
199 forum posts
87 photos

I've bought a few things from them, all without any problems and delivered quickly. My most recent order was placed late on Saturday 28th Jan and it arrived on Thursday 2nd Feb.

Never had to ring them but I'd be amazed if someone there doesn't speak English.

Slickriff17/02/2017 18:51:16
26 forum posts
I used them recently. Absolutely fine. Sure it will be ok.
Mel Jones18/02/2017 08:28:55
36 forum posts

Thanks all for your input, I find it reassuring.

I suspect that they are waiting to re-stock as some items on my order now show as out of stock, just wish they would explain this to me.

Yes I have used Google translator but still await a reply.

Percy Verance18/02/2017 08:31:12
4915 forum posts
104 photos

Reading with interest here, as I'm about to begin using Staufenbeil.......

Bob Cotsford18/02/2017 10:11:59
6416 forum posts
349 photos

Are they suffering delays because of the transition to Horizon Hobbies ownership? I understood that the staff would remain the same so there should certainly be someone who speaks good English!

Steve J18/02/2017 10:39:26
255 forum posts
15 photos
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 18/02/2017 10:11:59:

Are they suffering delays because of the transition to Horizon Hobbies ownership?

Horizon have owned Staufenbiel since the middle of 2014. Horizon do seem to be reorganising their European operations at the moment, but I would be surprised if this impacted retail operations.

Steve

Mel Jones20/02/2017 08:20:35
36 forum posts

Update.

I have managed to get through to Staufenbiel via the telephone, they confirmed my order and explained that the delay is due to the company moving all stock to new premises, apparently no shipments have been made for ten days.

Don`t know why my emails were not answered though, I could not get an explanation.

Looks like I will have to be patient.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator20/02/2017 11:48:48
14493 forum posts
1308 photos

Oh well, at least it is fesolved for you and you know they have matters in hand. I suspect they are moving to premisses with more space - I'm sure their business is growing rapidly

BEB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Slec
CML
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What's the main radio brand you use? (2017)
Q: What's the main radio brand you use?

FrSky
 Turnigy
 Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 JR
 Spektrum
 Graupner
 Jeti
 Other

Latest Reviews