Unisens-E Graupner telemetry sensor

Suitable USB lead to program Unisens-E telemetry sensor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve J06/07/2017 17:05:25
378 forum posts
17 photos
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 06/07/2017 16:32:50:

I have looked the Unisens-E in the past as it look very compact, but have been put off by the need for an adaptor to connect to the Spektrum telemetry units.

Yes, not sure why that is, but the aerobtec GPS logger also needs an adaptor to work with Spektrum too.

Spektrum use an I2C bus for their telemetry sensors. Most other radio manufacturers use a basic serial link.

Steve

Max Z06/07/2017 18:17:34
370 forum posts
171 photos

I made up my MPX receiver update cable like so:

mpxprog.jpg

mpxprog2.jpg

When the MPX cable works with the Unisense, this should work too I guess.

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 06/07/2017 18:21:07

David Ovenden17/07/2017 14:03:45
207 forum posts
#Posted by David Ovenden on 06/07/2017 12:58:55:

Bob, interesting link that. Much cheaper than the Graupner list or shop price.

However, I have just ordered the KINGKONG PC Communications Adapter (USB/Com) from HK European warehouse at a total shipped cost of £4.19. Will report back whether or not it works once it arrives.-

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to this thread. The KINGKONG PC Communications Adapter duly arrived from the HK warehouse in the NL. Post took its time, but it arrived in the end.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/esc-pc-software-communication-adapter.html

So, here is the feed back. The USB adapter worked perfectly for my purposes and allowed me to set up the UniSens-E for my JR DMSS radio and to update the firmware to the latest version. Once I have flown it in my test model (HK Tundra) I may well want to tweak other parameters, but so far on the bench all is working as it should. So, all in all the UniSens-E seems an excellent multi-purpose telemetry unit for electric models and the KINGKONG adapter at £4.19 including postage was a "bargain".

David

Edited By David Ovenden on 17/07/2017 14:16:54

Edited By David Ovenden on 17/07/2017 14:18:47

David Ovenden17/07/2017 22:26:32
207 forum posts

Managed a quick flight this evening. The telemetry all worked fine - altitude, vario, rpm and battery pack data (v,A, mah.)

Dickw18/07/2017 10:05:13
233 forum posts
30 photos

Pleased to hear you got it sorted OK.

The UniSens is a useful little gadget isn't it. I also have the 280 amp version, and that works OK as well - in my case it is with Jeti telemetry.

Dick

David Ovenden18/07/2017 11:22:29
207 forum posts
Posted by Dickw on 18/07/2017 10:05:13:

Pleased to hear you got it sorted OK.

The UniSens is a useful little gadget isn't it. I also have the 280 amp version, and that works OK as well - in my case it is with Jeti telemetry.

Dick

Yes, its very compact and so much cheaper and more convenient than using multiple discrete sensor units. And.... it supports multiple radio protocols too! A very handy gadget and I'm surprised you don't see more of them about. I suppose lack of English instructions and software must limit its uptake in the UK.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
CML
Overlander
SHREK
TJD Models
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us