Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

The Gate

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap12/08/2017 13:49:38
700 forum posts
104 photos

After our Flying Spectacular event someone used the wrong gate to exit with their caravan (which was only for cars) and as a result they caught the back of their van in the turn damaging their caravan and causing damage to our gate. Anyway we had to get the gate repaired but trying to get a mobile welder to come to us to do a small job like this proved an impossible task as it was not worth their while or the price was daft - got a few comments like can you bring the gate to us - but it was put in to stay so it could not be lifted off its hinges. Anyway managed to get one of our members to "borrow" the kit to do it thank goodness so for them who remember the video "the Brick" will no doubt understand the tribulations of flying site maintenance which can always be a challenge. View tongue 👅 in cheek.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 12/08/2017 13:50:54

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 12/08/2017 14:00:29

Josip Vrandecic -Mes12/08/2017 21:47:45
2823 forum posts
240 photos

Hi Dear Peter , It's not clear to me that somebody fly RC models but he doesn't no how to drive a car...angry 2

Cheers

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap12/08/2017 23:15:11
700 forum posts
104 photos

You could be right Josip but be fair he did have a caravan on tow but he must have forgot that...🚗

Dave Bran13/08/2017 07:23:17
1802 forum posts
5 photos

Least I assume you do not get people deliberately crashing stolen cars into your gate and then setting fire to them. (several times)

Oh, and other user groups on their exclusive days leaving the gate open all day without support so it affects the huge RSJ post seated in wet clay and drags the gate which then has to be lifted to get it to bolt.

Oh, and consistently people route the chain through a very low path with the combo lock jammed into the gate frame upside down so its extremely awkward to operate the combo.

Oh, and its nobody's job to clear the nettles.

Or the access vision (on a fast country lane with blind exit).

The gatepost BTW has lift off after unbolting hinge points but has two large chains and locks at the hinge pillar to prevent it from being lifted to gain unauthorised access.

NONE of which stopped the motorcycle gang that trashed the runway by doughnutting their off road tyre bikes.

Phil 913/08/2017 07:35:56
4109 forum posts
194 photos

Peter Miller13/08/2017 08:24:12
8626 forum posts
999 photos
10 articles

Maybe the caravan owner should watch this

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap13/08/2017 09:29:05
700 forum posts
104 photos

Hi Dave. I know things can get bad at some sites and we have had a small amount of vandalism to our inner gate which was attacked with a hacksaw but we have been luck so far. The club spent a few grand on the field getting it level and having the right grass seed mix which means we now have a billiard table field so to read your tales of woe made me think of other clubs who may not be as lucky as we have been so far - but that could change for us at the drop of a hat - any club can only do it's best. Regards Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues