Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Tom Wright,s twin boom

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fly boy313/08/2017 12:15:50
3077 forum posts
11 photos

Hi all, how do I locate an old thread on forum. Trying to find details of power train for the above model. Thanks

Martin Harris13/08/2017 14:01:40
7058 forum posts
175 photos

Google Tom Wright twin boom - I'd post a link but I'm on an iPad which won't do so but there are several threads which come up...best is probably "Blue foam twin-boom build and maiden". You could just input those words into the forum search...

FastFlyer Smyth13/08/2017 14:12:24
290 forum posts
10 photos

**LINK**

ken anderson.13/08/2017 14:53:42
7806 forum posts
709 photos

off topic....RIP Tom Wright a nice man who was very kind and helpful...one of life's good men.

ken anderson..... ne.....1...... TW fan club.

David Mellor13/08/2017 16:37:32
205 forum posts
73 photos

Also off topic, but worth saying. I met Tom a few times. He got me interested in autogyros, helped teach me to build and fly them (even though he flew Mode 1 and I fly Mode 2) and even gave me one of his autogyros to take home. He was a true gentleman and good friend.

fly boy313/08/2017 20:50:11
3077 forum posts
11 photos

Done, thanks all. Thanks FFS for the link. I must also second the good words regarding Tom. A gentleman and a scholar. Not only did he help me with my first lecky job, but I also acquired foam booms, and enough blue foam to complete, and also the complete power train from Tom. Thanks

fly boy313/08/2017 20:50:12
3077 forum posts
11 photos

Done, thanks all. Thanks FFS for the link. I must also second the good words regarding Tom. A gentleman and a scholar. Not only did he help me with my first lecky job, but I also acquired foam booms, and enough blue foam to complete, and also the complete power train from Tom. Thanks

Handyman13/08/2017 21:07:03
171 forum posts
1 photos

Hi all, pardon my intrusion but was there ever a plan produced for Tom's twin boom aircraft. It is certainly a super flyer with quite a broad speed range. I am very tempted to build one.

fly boy313/08/2017 21:58:04
3077 forum posts
11 photos

Hi Handyman, no Tom never drew up a plan. It is such a simple and forgiving model, that all that was needed was to follow Tom,s instructions and measurements etc on the thread. The above link from FFS will give you all the gen you need. This was my first electric plane, and it flew as Tom intended. My landings were like a butterfly with bad feet lol. Slooooooow. Cheers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Overlander
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
SHREK
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues