Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

rcgf 26

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
AndyD17/09/2017 22:44:07
630 forum posts
438 photos

3-10 days from china,ive had it well over a year but only just got round to using it,shall have ago at fixing it so I can fly next weekend.had a few flights today but the landings are bit scarey coming in a bit on the fast side,nice when the wind picked up to slow it up abit.

AndyD19/09/2017 19:27:51
630 forum posts
438 photos

dscf1354.jpgbeen rushing about sorting my carb block,got it finished last night ready to fit tonight but got a text today to say the new one will be delivered Thursday,impressed 4 days from china,at least I have a spare but hopefully wont need it.i ve,ed the crack plus afew 1mm holes(not drilled right through) then a coating of chemical metal to finish.dscf1353.jpg

AndyD23/09/2017 16:11:17
630 forum posts
438 photos

down the club today hoping for a nice flying session,new parts on set back to factory settings and still not running right,but after about an hour it wont even start now,healthy spark petrol but wont fire up even though it gives a good kick back now and again,re done the tank and with another ign module but still the same,charged the battery and even swapped it with a identical engine but still the same,so I'm thinking its got to be the battery even though my charger says its full,as my battery checkers no good is there anything ive missed or I can try,(before tempers get to bad) many thx Andy

iqon23/09/2017 17:32:28
1259 forum posts
235 photos

make sure carb getting fuel ie no problems with tank.. then if you can get to it squirt fuel into carb.Also dont take factory settings as being right the needles may need to be taken out further.

Edited By iqon on 23/09/2017 17:34:33

AndyD23/09/2017 19:38:04
630 forum posts
438 photos

as ive tried two engines with the same results its got to be fuel or spark but both seem good,im still going electric as when it was still running it was as if the ign was cutting in and out at low rpm but it all seems to check out ok so it could be fuel ,lol

iqon23/09/2017 23:11:55
1259 forum posts
235 photos

check spark plug cap

onetenor24/09/2017 05:51:44
1373 forum posts

Check the new block hasn't got a hole where it shouldn't or no hole where there should be one .Just a thought.

AndyD24/09/2017 15:18:36
630 forum posts
438 photos

well its sorted now ,couldnt work out which one of these was the culprit so to be on the safe side i changed the ign module for a rce xl one instead of the Chinese one and bypassed the switch and alls fine,but both tested out ok unless they were breaking down under load,but at least I should be able to sleep tonight with out it playing on my mind.dscf1356.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues