Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Ngh 25cc petrol engine..2 stroke.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john stones 106/09/2017 20:46:19
8369 forum posts
1330 photos

Anyone one used one ? know anything about them ? i've seen the 4 stroke in action but not a 2 stroke.a ngh 002.jpg

a ngh 001.jpg

Braddock, VC06/09/2017 21:01:49
1457 forum posts
15 photos

I have one, used it in an extrawot. I can't remember having any problems with it other than the supplied exhaust amplifier is rubbish.

It was relatively easy to tune but when the low speed needle was leaned out I remember it being critical, ie a 1/4 turn more lean and she no go, I guess that's a good thing in a way.

I'm pretty sure I used a 17x6 prop.

Right now it's sitting there unused but I plan to put it in a HK Giant stick.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 06/09/2017 21:05:31

AndyD06/09/2017 21:02:58
597 forum posts
427 photos

i had the 35 seemed really good until about the 6th flight when it seized solid,followed the running in instructions but nobody wanted to no so wasted a lot of money,probally unlucky but wont buy ngh again,althouh my 38 4 strokes still going strong.

john stones 106/09/2017 22:09:56
8369 forum posts
1330 photos

Thanks lads, i'll be gentle with it n run in on mineral oil n a smaller prop.

onetenor07/09/2017 02:38:12
1191 forum posts

Andy D .Re the seized motor Try this. Heat some engine oil in an old pan to boiling point and using a suitable funnel ( metal for preference as a plastic one could collapse ) or trickle into the cylinder with a very steady hand .don't fill it .Wait a bit then try turning the engine.Rocking it at first .Oh yes cover with a heavy cloth to avoid hot oil splashing/squirting out of the plug hole and burning you. You could try a little additional l heat to the cylinder from a hot air gun. If successful dismantle the engine to check for damage. If lucky you won't have any and it has just been a heat seizure and there is none or very little harm done.Someone like Just Engines should be able to help with spares or repair. Good luck as they are a good engine.The oil type or ratio might have been wrong to cause the seizure BTW. P.S. to make putting the oil in remove the head first and also give an indication of any damage. The hot oil has saved many an engine for me and customers/clients .I cannot do any work at present so can't offer any physical help. Please let us know how you get on with it. John

Martyn Perks08/09/2017 21:43:46
93 forum posts
1 photos

Me and a mate have recently purchased 2 if the 35cc versions to power Seagull edge 540's. This is our first foray into petrol engines and I must say we're enjoying it greatly. The engines start easily and run reliably, seem to use very little fuel and are an excellent match for the Edges. I can make a few observations though

Use the correct high quality synthetic oil to add to the fuel, Just engines sell an excellent one. Filter the petrol as you mix it, then filter it as it goes in the model. We use Sullivan 'crap traps' and have had no problems.

The Exhaust worked loose on both models within 10 minutes flying. A call to JE revealed they prefer to ditch the gasket sets and use hi temp sillicon sealer on the exhaust and Loctite Red on the bolts. We followed their advice and have had no further problems.

Use a new,quality, high capacity battery for the Ignition system.

Use a petrol filler valve rather than mess about spilling fuel everywhere. These are amazing, they sit in the tank to carb line and allow you to fuel the model easily.

Loctite everything on the model. These engines vibrate a lot!

Learn to raise your game. These are serious model engines, quite capable of removing a kneecap if mishandled. We've put backup batteries on the radio system, Tygon tube throughout,and generally engineered the model to a much higher standard than your average wot 4.

john stones 108/09/2017 21:50:20
8369 forum posts
1330 photos

Thanks Martyn, i've a few petrols already but i'll be careful, i read the bit about the gasket and i doubt the exhaust will get used, will buy something that'll be quieter, oil i'll use outboard motor oil. Thanks for the good review. yes

Braddock, VC08/09/2017 22:57:22
1457 forum posts
15 photos

I went to a motorbike shop and bought racing two stroke synthetic, £18 a litre, lasts a fair old time.

Don Fry09/09/2017 07:40:57
1698 forum posts
24 photos

I got one, and it runs well. I run it on 50 to one mix, so I can use one mix for all 2 strokes, chain saws, small outboard, and all. I also use racing moto cross two stroke oil. There is a reason it's dear, and outboard oil is cheap.

Engine Doctor09/09/2017 08:37:31
1736 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by Don Fry on 09/09/2017 07:40:57:

I got one, and it runs well. I run it on 50 to one mix, so I can use one mix for all 2 strokes, chain saws, small outboard, and all. I also use racing moto cross two stroke oil. There is a reason it's dear, and outboard oil is cheap.

Hi Don .Outboard two stroke oil is a different formula to other two stroke oil to protect engine internals from corrosion from their environment. Its a case of horses for courses.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 09/09/2017 08:38:18

john stones 109/09/2017 10:23:50
8369 forum posts
1330 photos

Outboard oil isn't cheap or poor quality, i pay more than £18 for it, i take your point on the different qualities though, it hadn't occurred to me. I'll have a rethink, no rust or salt formed on my engines though.wink

Rich too09/09/2017 11:40:06
2295 forum posts
820 photos

I now use Redline Synth racing oil in ALL my petrol motors, rc and garden equipment - 40/1. Its widely used on the FG forum and recommended by DA engines so good enough for me!

I use the silicon trick instead of gaskets - works great.

And I now use Mahl fuel filters as used on gardening equipment - much better than RC jobs imho! yes

Braddock, VC09/09/2017 12:39:19
1457 forum posts
15 photos

John, it's not so much the corrosion protection, outboards are watercooled. Most model engines aren't and the temperatures are generally higher within the engine and particularly on the upper parts of the cylinder bores.

john stones 109/09/2017 12:51:41
8369 forum posts
1330 photos
Posted by Braddock, VC on 09/09/2017 12:39:19:

John, it's not so much the corrosion protection, outboards are watercooled. Most model engines aren't and the temperatures are generally higher within the engine and particularly on the upper parts of the cylinder bores.

O.k Braddock, i'll change my ways. yes

john stones 113/09/2017 16:40:21
8369 forum posts
1330 photos

Not the gasket that's the problem, the exhaust flange needs squaring up on the silencer, there's a gap n a half when it's nipped up.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
SHREK
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
TJD Models
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?
Q: How many metres do you have to walk with your models and gear to the flying area?

Less than 20m
 20 to 100m
 100 to 200m
 200 to 500m
 More than 500m

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us