By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What servo for Wots Wot XL

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rocker13/12/2017 22:36:02
189 forum posts

Mmmm petrol or laser ,that is the question ?

Ron Gray13/12/2017 22:40:13
769 forum posts
200 photos

Rocker, at this size there is no debate in my mind, Laser is my No 1 choice.

Rocker13/12/2017 22:45:48
189 forum posts

I still not sure if I might be better waiting ,if Laser are going to bring out a petrol engine should I hang fire a bit .I do fancy a petrol engine,it seems that that is way a lot of modelers are going it just that I have always used glow engines and I do like the big four stoke Lasers ?

Edited By Rocker on 13/12/2017 23:01:21

Ron Gray14/12/2017 06:28:37
769 forum posts
200 photos

To an extent I was like that, all of my large ‘planes are petrol powered 30cc and above, mainly by DLEs and I really like them but they can be noisy. So, when it came to the Wots Wot XL I had a choice to make, another gasser (and I had a spare DLE!) or a Laser v twin. No contest as I just love v twins so the 160v was my choice even though I had to wait 12 weeks for it! Do I regret it, not one bit, the sound alone was worth the wait. Now I’ve got an 80 for my Lavochkin and want one of the petrol 180s when they are available plus a 240v as I have a home waiting for one of those bad boys. I have also told Jon that when they produce a radial I’ll have one of those too as, for me, that would be the ultimate, well tbh the ultimate would be two of them powering a Tigercat, utopia!

Most of the above is off topic, for which I apologise, but Rocker, to answer your question in one word, wait.

Denis Watkins14/12/2017 07:43:44
2568 forum posts
129 photos

Don't stop flying while you wait

Just get your other project in the air

Jon - Laser Engines14/12/2017 08:38:26
3586 forum posts
144 photos

Rocker if you like i can put you on the list for one of the pre production 180 petrols as i still have some theoretically available and the WW would be an excellent mount for further testing it in an aerobatic situation. I was hoping to have them ready before Christmas but that is not going to happen so its going to be early new year.

I am itching to get them done as i need the feedback to confirm everything is 100% before going public.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues