Forum sponsored by CML

DH84 Dragon

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Bott - Moderator04/02/2018 13:41:24
6229 forum posts
1274 photos
1 articles
Hi Chris I'm loving this so far. I'd love to do one myself one day if plans were ever available.

On the photos, if you make sure the cursor is in the place that you want the next photo and then do the insert, they should end up in the order you intend.
Percy Verance04/02/2018 15:44:41
6012 forum posts
109 photos

Chris, Ivan Pettigrew does a plan for either a Rapide or Dragon (I can't remember which), along with some other nice DH aircraft. All electric and all good sizes. www.ivansplans.com

Percy Verance04/02/2018 15:47:13
6012 forum posts
109 photos

I just looked Chris, and it's a Rapide at 76 inch span, so not quite what you're looking for........ The wingtips would frighten me a bit.......or to be precise, the possible handling characteristics resulting from them. secret

Edited By Percy Verance on 04/02/2018 15:49:54

Chris Reid04/02/2018 15:53:24
180 forum posts
63 photos

Thanks Percy, but for me the designing is at least half the fun of aeromodelling. To start with a clean sheet of paper and end up with a flying model is a great buzz. I designed most of my model fleet, and selling a design to a magazine to pay for it is very satisfying too.

Chris Reid04/02/2018 16:04:07
180 forum posts
63 photos

Two Chris's in play had me confused. Thanks for the photo insertion advice Chris.

There are a fair number of Dragon Rapide Plans about, and there's a possibility that David Ashby may buy my DH84 Dragon, a, if it flies, and b. if I can face the detailed workup of what will be a complex plan. I'm only doing mine so that I can replicate the "Chrisair" original decor. Vanity but fun.

Chris Bott - Moderator04/02/2018 16:43:07
6229 forum posts
1274 photos
1 articles
Thanks Percy. No the Rapide is not for me I already have enough pointy wings ta.

Chris I can only encourage the drawing up of the plans. It would certainly go straight in near the top of my to do list.
Chris Reid11/02/2018 17:15:08
180 forum posts
63 photos

Not so much progress this week. The battery box is in, and I have made up the giant block of balsa that will eventually become the shapely Dragon nose. This will be removable for battery insertion.

img_5438.jpgimg_5439.jpg

Chris Reid14/02/2018 16:49:01
180 forum posts
63 photos

I may never carve a nose block from the solid ever again!! However, it's come out not half bad.

nose block.jpg

cymaz14/02/2018 17:39:56
7330 forum posts
964 photos

I congratulate you on your effortsyes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues