Forum sponsored by CML

S6r Rx downloads

Confusion

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Gray19/01/2018 19:06:52
644 forum posts
186 photos

This is not the firmware for the Rx we are talking about, it is the tool to alter the Rx and does exactly what the LUA scripts do but, IMO is easier and clearer (more visual) that the LUA scripts. So for clarity, the firmware version or EU/non EU makes no difference to the tool being used as this is NOT a firmware update. And it’s as easy as this:

Plug the SKT tool into the USB port on the PC.

Run the tool software.

Plug in the Rx 

Click the box for stab to untick it

Job done, fit Rx if not already fitted.

Edited By Ron Gray on 19/01/2018 19:25:32

trebor20/01/2018 09:06:36
1427 forum posts
174 photos

Ok I've had a look this morning on my new computer, I downloaded the windows files and the update s.port rev 14 file for the stk tool. Whilst Im at it I took a look at updating the S6r surprise To my surprise more to choose from. I have watched a few youtube vids but there seems to be more updates.

**LINK** Question 1, which firmware do I choose from 4 versions ? Question 2, whats the 5 tool versions for if I've updated the Stk already ?

For a novice this is getting a bit confusing as none of these are mentioned on the Frsky instruction videos. You need a big banghead smiley on here yes

Andy4820/01/2018 11:53:52
1257 forum posts
65 photos

I'm simply amazed. Why put yourself through all this when exactly the same thing can be done in a couple of minutes wirelessly from your transmitter? Forget your STK tool, its a right pain to use. Forget the versions. Forget the PC.

Why do you want to make life so difficult for yourself?

Yes we really need a headbanging smiley! sad

Andy4820/01/2018 12:10:42
1257 forum posts
65 photos

Here is a screenshot from my Horus. It will look different on the Taranis due to the different screen, but the information is the same. The blanks at the right will be populated when the Tx connects to the receiver (obviously it needs binding first). Then simply go down to the parameter to change, and job done. To "recover" the extra channels used by the receiver for stabilisation go down to the CH5 and CH6 mode functions and change those. The channel numbers will be different for an S6R and an S8R. It saves automatically. It can be done with the receiver in the plane already.

lua 2.jpg

If one wants to calibrate the receiver then the LUA script looks like this:

lua 1.jpg

If you need to update the firmware, all the instructions are here:

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724

Again easily done from the transmitter rather than faffing around with the STK tool.

Edited By Andy48 on 20/01/2018 12:23:14

trebor20/01/2018 12:28:57
1427 forum posts
174 photos

It seems the lesser of two evils as I used the stk tool before (once) I would have to update the Taranis and I am worried about loosing my 8 models programmed. As I say I'm a computer novice but willing to learn which is a dangerous thing in my case laugh I've updated flight controllers using Betaflight and I found it easier.

trebor20/01/2018 12:59:25
1427 forum posts
174 photos

I gave it another go, hopefully I've loaded the correct files on to my receiver S6rlbt_171204.frk Fingers crossed.

Andy4820/01/2018 14:15:29
1257 forum posts
65 photos
Posted by trebor on 20/01/2018 12:28:57:

It seems the lesser of two evils as I used the stk tool before (once) I would have to update the Taranis and I am worried about loosing my 8 models programmed. As I say I'm a computer novice but willing to learn which is a dangerous thing in my case laugh I've updated flight controllers using Betaflight and I found it easier.

Its pretty difficult to lose models anyway on OpenTX. If you use Companion and save the models onto your PC, then there is always a backup copy. Indeed if you save them under a different filename each time you do this you can also revert to an earlier version also.

I would think it almost impossible to lose any models using the LUA script.

Edited By Andy48 on 20/01/2018 14:16:37

trebor20/01/2018 15:02:35
1427 forum posts
174 photos

Thanks Andy, updating the tx will be my next learning curve. I did it once while changing the voice files but I didn't have any models on then.

Ron Gray20/01/2018 16:18:38
644 forum posts
186 photos

OK I'l back out now Trebor otherwise it may lead to further confusion. It doesn't help with comments from Andy such as the STK is a pain to use (it isn't) and faffing about with the STK tool (no faffing). I should add that I use both the STK tool and LUA scripts!

Anyway good luck with the upgrades.

trebor20/01/2018 17:09:29
1427 forum posts
174 photos

I'm aware you need the Stk tool for updating the receivers so I refused to give in, trouble is if I don't go through the process more often I will forget what and how I did it sad I will try the Lua scripts after updating the tx when I have nothing else to do laugh yes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
CML
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues