Another returnee

It's been some time.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
supertigrefan13/02/2018 14:52:57
89 forum posts
1 photos

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for some time and my interest had been rekindled after many years.

I started on control line as a kid in the 70's then abandoned it for fishing and the Army, after leaving the Army I took it up again and joined a couple of clubs but again had to leave it due to work, family and mortgage commitments, I am now in a position to start again where I left off however I've noticed there have been some radical changes!

I have a few models that need some TLC, A Flair cub, a Pilot QB20 and a generic trainer that I was given, non of which are in a flyable state and a 35Mhz computer Futaba set, I also have a couple of glow plug engines.

I'm looking at joining the Eastbourne club for some tuition in addition to the sim training I've been doing but I really need full time use of a club model as I don't have yet have a decent building area. Anyway I look forward to contributing where I can and finally getting back into the hobby I never lost interest in!

J D 813/02/2018 15:48:00
808 forum posts
53 photos

Welcome back to the fold,joining the Eastbourn club would be a good move to get you going again. Cheers John.

Denis Watkins13/02/2018 16:39:26
2654 forum posts
136 photos

Be patient ST as flying weather has been scarse.

Fly the Sim, " with ground in view " and in a very few hours, you will be ready for that trainer

Go over the trainer so as you have something to fly, as the boys will go over that at Eastbourne

And make sure that it is airworthy

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator13/02/2018 16:58:29
15136 forum posts
1407 photos

Welcome back!

Good points by Denis there. The shortage of flying weather could work in your favour, giving you time to fettle that trainer back into action!

Any questions, just ask, its a big part of why we're here!

Good luck.

BEB

supertigrefan13/02/2018 17:02:36
89 forum posts
1 photos
Posted by Denis Watkins on 13/02/2018 16:39:26:

Fly the Sim, " with ground in view " and in a very few hours, you will be ready for that trainer

I'm using Clear View, not sure that it has this setting?

Denis Watkins13/02/2018 17:18:32
2654 forum posts
136 photos
Posted by supertigrefan on 13/02/2018 17:02:36:
Posted by Denis Watkins on 13/02/2018 16:39:26:

I'm using Clear View, not sure that it has this setting?

Clear view, has ground in view

It is in " Camera "

This allows you to fly, and land in relation to the ground

And the ground is not a big surprise when you are airing round

Don't underestimate a flight sim, it can take hours off learning to hit the right movement at the right time

Fly the Cub, as it will give you more to do, and is more easily seen than the trainer

supertigrefan13/02/2018 17:48:47
89 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Denis, that's a much better view!

I've been flying the Pawnee as it appears to act like the Flair cub did when it was airworthy, which Cub do you recommend?

Denis Watkins13/02/2018 18:10:00
2654 forum posts
136 photos

The Pawnee is fine, it gives good tracking and inertia

My Clearview has one large Cub, and I know some updates offered a small electric

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues