Forum sponsored by CML

Newbie Builder

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Denis Watkins16/03/2018 21:43:14
2567 forum posts
129 photos
Posted by TJ Alexander on 16/03/2018 21:00:28:

Nice. I've just looked up the Seniorita, and that seems reasonable.

And I've been looking at the Steve Webb website - So. Many. Kits!

Always check for items actually being in stock and available TJ

Sites are not always bang up to date

Piers Bowlan17/03/2018 04:03:31
1195 forum posts
36 photos

This flies really well and is easy enough to fit a couple of servos and receiver for RC - cheap too. Here. Some video of it flying too, here

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 17/03/2018 04:06:33

TJ Alexander17/03/2018 10:54:11
88 forum posts

Sweet! Although I wonder if it can be motorised, as I'm a bit shy of chucking my models off a cliff, or slope soaring, as some folk call it :D

I can't even slope successfully on RF7.5! blush

PatMc17/03/2018 13:22:43
3603 forum posts
469 photos

If you want a glider suitable for thermal hunting from the flat the Amesthyst is a bit small & probably too light weight for all but the lightest wind days.
IMO you really need to be thinking of something at least 6ft span. The Sonata linked previously would be a better bet or at 100" the Cambrian Elan kit. Both of the latter are around the same price & whilst double the price of the Amesthyst I think they would prove more practical & better VFM. Converting to electric would also be easier with the larger models.

If you do consider either of these I suggest contacting the supplier & asking if any conversion drawings are included. However if they're not at least ask for the internal width of the nose. With this info you should be able to get advice from here regarding suitable motor/ESC/battery combo at reasonable prices.

TJ Alexander17/03/2018 20:28:41
88 forum posts

I hadn't realised that the Cambrian range extended beyond the Funfighters! Good spot

TJ Alexander26/03/2018 16:59:08
88 forum posts

I went to my local hobby shop, and got some good advice. I bought a simple kit to practice my skills on - West wings Olympian. It's got everything to build for rubber power, which sounds quite fun. Unfortunately, though the box was new and sealed, there isn't a printed sheet 1, though there are 2-5, and a few unnumbered fuse pieces. I'll have a more detailed look later, when I'm not supervising a hyperactive child eating his tea! :D

There seems to be very little online about this model, so any advice gratefully received.

onetenor26/03/2018 22:14:11
1570 forum posts

Funny noone mentioned Outerzone etc .Loads of plans and some short kits available from these sites. Worth a look if nothing else.

TJ Alexander26/03/2018 23:24:54
88 forum posts

Just been browsing Outerzone. Amazing wealth of plans available. But I'll work up from plans for now

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues