Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brian Hammond13/04/2018 16:49:51
200 forum posts

Hi Simon,

This order was from the UK depot

John Tee13/04/2018 20:10:41
614 forum posts
55 photos

Hi Simon. My first order from Hong Kong via airmail, any guesses at the delivery time?. Tracking was not available when told it had been posted. Last heard of in Singapore and not heard of since. Not in any rush for the bits (battery plug adapters ) but been just on two weeks. Told by a clubmate might be three/four weeks.

John

Daithi O Buitigh13/04/2018 20:59:50
1283 forum posts
43 photos

Singapore Post is notoriously slow, but there is another problem. Once the package leaves Singapore, tracking is done by the Royal Snail and the first you will find out from them is usually a postcard saying that you owe them VAT on both the original cost and the postage, plus a 'handling fee'

John Tee13/04/2018 22:15:26
614 forum posts
55 photos

That's cheered me up, ta

John

Brian Hammond15/04/2018 12:38:49
200 forum posts

Just been using the film from HK ,it,s as good as any other I,ve tried over the years and better than some.

Adrian Smith 115/04/2018 13:28:52
1851 forum posts
617 photos

I must admit I used HK for the first time a couple weeks ago when I bought a red carbon fibre 3.5" pointed spinner. It came from the EU warehouse and only took four days.smiley

TJ Alexander16/04/2018 23:13:54
88 forum posts

I have a problem with HK at the moment. I did a decent sized order, and parts came from UK, Europe, and the Far East. I have two of the packages, but one didn't turn up, and the tracking details are missing online. I needed to speak to Royal Mail about it first to check they weren't holding on to one I didn't get a card for, but I will be in touch tomorrow, and see how I get on.

Denis Watkins17/04/2018 08:24:49
2567 forum posts
129 photos
Posted by TJ Alexander on 16/04/2018 23:13:54:

I have a problem with HK at the moment. I did a decent sized order, and parts came from UK, Europe, and the Far East. I have two of the packages, but one didn't turn up, and the tracking details are missing online. I needed to speak to Royal Mail about it first to check they weren't holding on to one I didn't get a card for, but I will be in touch tomorrow, and see how I get on.

Have done this a few times TJ, with multiple order from HK from 3 warehouses, and one can take a couple of weeks.

The orders have always been completed.

Monz18/04/2018 21:52:34
530 forum posts

Placed a single order on the 12th (six days ago) with the bits coming from all three warehouses in the checkout. UK bits arrived in two days, Hong Kong bits arrived today (new radio, receiver and vario, to the door, no customs charge) and EU bits at the post office to be collected.

A DLGing we'll go, a DLGing we'll go, hi ho dehideho a DLGing we'll go

onetenor19/04/2018 01:19:07
1570 forum posts

I've always had good service from HK and on chat. My beef is I bought some props an the giveaway almost sale price of one penny a pair. I bought 2 pairs and ended up paying HMRC and postage to the tune of £13.10. Trying to get it back is impossible. Customs just chase me about. Half of them crack on they don't understand what I'm asking and the rest don't seem to want to know.One guy even said we don't give refunds. I've run out of options I think so will have to give up. Unless any of you guys can advise. >A right rip off.    Time from Bang Good etc can be 6/7 weeks BTW. John

Edited By onetenor on 19/04/2018 01:40:59

Nigel R19/04/2018 11:30:49
1040 forum posts
251 photos

Seems most of the problems are really with the transit from HK to UK and the possibility of customs intervention and the lack of tracking of that route.

Stick to EU or UK warehouse and the times are short and you are tracked and customs isn't a possibility, even if postage and/or item cost is sometimes higher.

Another point, from UK warehouse, for small stuff and small orders only - sometimes two small/light items can fit into two separate 1st class post packets (£1 a piece) if you make two orders, but in one order it weighs enough to go up to the flat rate £5 "medium size " post charge.

I found that quite by accident (honest guv) ordering an Orange RX and a few Deans (well, copies of Deans) plugs - two orders, each £1 post, all together would have been £5.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues