Forum sponsored by CML

DX7 Programmable Mixes

A hidden secret of mixes 5 & 6

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peewhit07/02/2010 18:37:47
795 forum posts
264 photos
Had a bit of luck - well a lot of luck really- in setting up my Typhoon slope soarer in that I managed to achieve crow breaking, ailerons moving with flaps for full wing camber, and flaps moving with ailerons for increased roll rate.

There was one  puzzling thing which worked very much to my advantage so today I "borrowed" the receiver and battery from my Fusion and investigated.

Programmable mixes 5 and 6 are different to 1, 2, 3 & 4 in that the trim levers will adjust both the master and slave servos. 
There is another benefit of this feature.

With a mix set up on either 5 or 6, and a further mix on 1, 2 , 3 or 4 set up with the master of the first mix as slave, then both master and slave of the first mix are activated by the second mix.

As an example, the flaps of my slope soarer are set up on the throttle and gear channels with p-mix 5 linking them together (throttle master and gear slave)  so that both flaps move from the throttle stick.

The ailerons are set up as flaperons so that they work off the three position flap switch to alter wing camber.

I have p-mix 2 with flap master to  throttle slave which links the ailerons (working as flaperons on flap channel) to flaps (on throttle and gear channels) to give full wing camber.

Because the throttle and gear are linked on p-mix 5, and p-mix 2 has the throttle (p-mix 5 master) as slave, both flaps move together.

I originally discovered this by pure accident and it saved me a very valuable p-mix.

It only works if the first p-mix is on 5 or 6 and the second p-mix is on 1, 2, 3 or 4.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
SHREK
Overlander
Skip Model April
CML
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?
Q: How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

5 to 10
 10+
 15+
 20+

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us