By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum sponsored by CML Distribution

FRSKY 2.4 conversion module and RX for Futaba 9C

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Clifton Park03/07/2010 07:28:56
14 forum posts
Has anyone had first hand experience of the FRSKY 2.4 Futaba conversion for the  9C. They are available from Greatcod for £40 Module and RX which is a lot cheaper than other conversion kits. The reviews on the sellers website http://www.giantcod.co.uk/  are all positive and might be biased.

Brian

Tim Mackey03/07/2010 09:55:00
20529 forum posts
270 photos
15 articles
iawnsky on the forum here has one, and is V happy with it so far.
Bob Cotsford03/07/2010 09:59:17
4382 forum posts
225 photos
got one in my FF8, with 13 models converted to FrSky at the moment.  That's a mix of 4, 7 and 8 channel receivers.

From browsing the various forums, it seems that there have been a very few faulty tx units reported which have been replaced under warranty.  A clubmate had one, but it was obviously faulty on it's first range test.  It was replaced under warranty by GC.  This clubmate had been converting to Spektrum, but had experienced more problematic units with that than he subsequently has with FrSky.

A quote from an email I got from FrSky in which I asked about their telemetry units and questioned their QC commitment:

"Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind suggestions and QC advices. Surely I will forward your words to production department. In fact, we have strengthened in QC management on the way. You'll see the improvements in this recent batches of goods, especially next batch with telemetry. And we surely produce " official add-ons" including LCD, sensors, etc in a few months. "

I was first asked to give my thoughts on this gear by Rob at GC as an independent customer/user, ended up buying a dozen receivers and now use it exclusively.  I've been impressed by FrSky's ease of contact, either by email, or through the FrSky related threads on internet forums (RCGroups and GiantCod's own) and their speed of response.  Nice to know a manufacturer is not only listening but willing to talk.  if they are true to their word and have tightened up their quality control (they've followed up on other development promises) then I think they are easily a match for Spektrum, without all the satellite receivers and with real FHSS transmission.

As for the gear itself, full programmable failsafe, true aerial diversity on 7 and 8 channel receivers, reasonable sized units. 
iawnski03/07/2010 10:18:49
1052 forum posts
28 photos
i am on frsky 2.4 and the module is in my ff9   ,are more than happy,8 channel rx £20 odd quid ,i have now nearly converted my fleet to frsky and another member has also,easy set up ,range excellent, 8 channel  rx (yes) 8channel, cp im sure there worth a go ,
Clifton Park03/07/2010 20:08:04
14 forum posts
Thank you all for your replies, they confirm my hopes that FRSKY was an affordable way into 2.4ghz.

Brian
iawnski05/07/2010 18:59:20
1052 forum posts
28 photos
  http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/frskyreview.shtml      found this if u interested
Clifton Park05/07/2010 20:03:48
14 forum posts
Thanks for the link iawnski,  confirms what other people are saying about FRSKY

Brian
Jeff-C14/08/2010 19:18:16
89 forum posts
1 photos
Well, I have started to convert all my models to 2.4. I have found the module slid perfectly into my FF8, and that the receivers are of pretty good standard. 
I have the first version, (not the telemetry), and so far, of my 6 receivers, I have had only one 4 channel mini receiver that occasionally suffered from a little bit of "fuzzyness", and the moment I have no idea if it is the receiver, or some other factor, but it only started doing it in my parkflyer after running 5 consecutive batteries through it!
So, in my opinion, they are very good. And if that isn't enough, they are also now making Futaba compatible 2.4 receivers. A company that isn't confident in it's own standalone equipment surely isn't going to go after a major company!? 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
MHS
PuffinModels
BMFA
Advertise With Us
CML
Airtekhobbies
NEW POLL - i.c. or electric - what do you mainly fly?
Q: i.c. or electric - what do you mainly fly?

Only i.c.
 Mainly i.c.
 Only electric/silent
 Mainly electrc/silent
 About half and half

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues