Forum sponsored by Forum sponsored by CML Distribution

Global MX2 3D/50

the baby mx2 from global

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
colin watson31/03/2011 21:55:46
190 forum posts
35 photos

this ARTF felt right straight out of its well packaged box. the hardware supplied is well up to the job in hand other manufacturers please take note. i changed the fuel tank not out of necessity but a preferred slec tank. The quality of build is second to none light weight laser cut light ply not one sign of a dry joint no need to run cyno over every joint this is really well put together. The build time is short just follow the supplied instructions which also cover the whole range of global artfs in the 50 size. I used a OS55ax engine mounted inverted added some lead to balance it at the recomended point the front of the wing tube. i set the throws and dialed in some expo as these have a large movement on low rates.
Flying
Well as i said it looked a great flyer and what looks like it should usually does. It weighs about 5lb flying weight so you have to hold it down. I lined it up on the runway a friend of mine stood next to me for any emergency trimming. i accelerated down the runway it lifted up smoothly into a very gentle breeze very nearly perfect. a couple of circuits to see a very slight drift to the left a single click of right and one of down it was flying supperbly. Next to see what it handles like so rolls axial and blindingly fast only a small amount of down needed, loops large or small perfect, stall turns even spins this bird really flys knife edge req's a little work but easy. Landing remember this thing is light so no wind it floats on and on so you need to bring the nose up to slow it down with a good breeze no problem but it lands beautifully even at low speed.
Recommend
i can't recommend these as they will sell out so fast i might never get another plus they might put up the price as these are great value for money. so much so i bought its bigger brother for 26cc petrol when i get some time to put it together.

Edited By colin watson on 31/03/2011 21:57:59

David Ashby - RCME01/04/2011 07:45:59
10281 forum posts
1469 photos
575 articles
Nice one Colin, yes a clubmate has a Global Sukhoi and he's very pleased with it.

captain chaos II25/05/2011 11:04:25
6 forum posts
Hi all,

I have also bought myself a MX2, I got the RED FAGEN from GLobalRC, i have made one change to it thou, you have a choice when puting in the Stab and Elavators to use either 1 or 2 servovs by removing the connector bar on the elavator, i choose the 2 servo option, so i could possibly add some mixing on the TX after getting to grips with the flying..

Lee Smalley25/05/2011 13:07:21
1939 forum posts
52 photos
love the global stuff but not sure about the epileptic fit inducing colour schemes they do, glad to hear they fly well

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
PuffinModels
Braincube Aeromodels
Advertise With Us
MHS
BMFA
CML
Airtekhobbies
New Poll - what's the main R/C brand you use (2014)?
Q: New Poll - what's the main R/C brand you use (2014)?

Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 Spektrum
 Jamara
 Graupner SJ
 JR
 FrSky Taranis
 Planet
 Jeti
 Turnigy
 Discontinued brands - Fleet, Sanwa etc.