Forum sponsored by CML

Mini Panic - first build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff Gardiner05/01/2013 00:21:22
198 forum posts
361 photos

Hi Kc.

Well spotted - I actually had not noticed myself.

Fingers crossed that it will not make any difference.

Good luck with the Mini Frantic build...

Geoff Gardiner18/08/2013 20:47:21
198 forum posts
361 photos

It's pretty much done - I can't believe how slow I've been (enjoyed it though).

Not too sure where the CofG should be. I have balanced it at 3 inches behind the leading edge of the top wing. What has anyone else used? Also, what size prop? (I have a 9x6 on but have not put it on the watt meter yet).

When I fitted the landing gear I found that the elevator was touching the ground. After a bit of head scratching I added a horn to act as a skid. On testing, it was acting more like an anchor so I have fitted a small wheel. It might not be man enough for the job but we will see.

Geoff Gardiner01/09/2013 20:29:03
198 forum posts
361 photos

Popped over to the field today with the Mini Panic for it’s maiden voyage. The wind was a bit gusty but not too bad. Took a deep breath, opened the taps and away she went. After a bit of trimming she flew magnificently – should have had more faith in my building ability. Four flights later we both came home in one piece!

Geoff Gardiner12/04/2014 23:34:58
198 forum posts
361 photos

Nothing special - just a quick clip using a head mounted gopro

john stones 112/04/2014 23:41:15
8009 forum posts
1302 photos

Magic Geoff

Blue sky, bit of flying and some Floyd teeth 2

Rod Parsonage13/04/2014 07:57:41
23 forum posts

Geoff

Model looks really smart. Good flying. Good flying site!

Rod

Stevo13/04/2014 18:27:31
2356 forum posts
634 photos

Really nice finish...

Looks like a great gig in the sky yes

Broken Prop14/04/2014 09:37:29
436 forum posts
1 photos

Nice one Geoff! Good to see it up and flying.

Pete

Ken Staynor26/02/2017 13:21:30
3 forum posts

Hi chaps. I've just acquired a box of bits from a flying buddy and he assures me that it's the kit to make the mini panic. Unfortunately, I don't have any instructions to identify what all the parts are and where they all go! I've looked at the build article on this forum and it helps to a degree but I would like to know if anyone has a sheet which identifies the parts that they could email / post to me? Fingers crossed!

kc26/02/2017 15:57:44
4964 forum posts
152 photos

Maybe someone will have the instructions but if not phone Avicraft the designers & manufacturers of the kit who will possibly help you especially if you buy some of the other items you will need. They are an excellent model shop.

However I must say the instructions with the Mini Frantic were minimal so the Mini Panic might be the same. I suggest a dry assembly of the main components using clamps, rubber bands etc instead of glue may sort out things. Then ask any questions here on the forum and you are sure to get good advice. Post a photo or two of any doubtful parts as it will help us help you

The other build blog mentioned above may be of help and you might be interested to see my Mini E Frantic build because the techniques may be similar - particularly look for the cardboard or foam jig for the wing construction which is a unique idea for this series of models. ( you might mistake it for packaging! )

Before you start construction draw around every part onto a sheet of paper noting thickness and materiial so you can make any replacement parts in case of mistakes or accidents.   Thes kits are probably not made now!

Edited By kc on 26/02/2017 16:10:53

Edited By kc on 26/02/2017 16:23:12

Ken Staynor26/02/2017 17:14:31
3 forum posts

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have tried contacting Avicraft but they're unavailable due to health reasons?! I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone has a part identification sheet and I'll also look at your mini frantic build. Many thanks once again

kc26/02/2017 19:14:45
4964 forum posts
152 photos

Well Ken, i have looked up the instructions I had for the Mini Frantic -it also covers the Mini Moronic but not the Mini Panic- but it does not have any pictures or anything to identify the parts. As everyone says the instructions are minimal I wouldnt bother too much about getting the Mini Panic instructions! If you are an experienced builder you will be able to sort the components out except for the unusual items -look out for the diagonal struts that fit only one way around in the fuselage sides ( see my photos) and the webs for the wings which are only partial webs ( there is a gap )

Note also what others have done about servo mounting - one person mounted the elevator servo higher than rudder servo to get clearance whilst I mounted the elevator servo at rear. Also I extended the nose to get more space for Lipo and help with balance.

Geoff Gardiner26/02/2017 19:27:54
198 forum posts
361 photos

I downloaded the build instructions from the Avicraft website (which is offline at the moment). I have had a search but no longer have them. They were, if memory serves, just text and no pictures.

I had to put a bit of lead up front and would recommend keeping the servos as forward as possible.

Geoff...

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator26/02/2017 19:32:05
6428 forum posts
178 photos

Ken, I have a set of Mini Panic instructions.....PM me your email address & I'll fire a copy over to you....thumbs up

Ken Staynor28/02/2017 10:24:21
3 forum posts

Thank you to all you kind and very helpful modellers who replied to my cry for help. Hopefully with your advice and help I can put this thing together and get it flying by spring. Here goes.....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
SHREK
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What's the main radio brand you use? (2017)
Q: What's the main radio brand you use?

FrSky
 Turnigy
 Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 JR
 Spektrum
 Graupner
 Jeti
 Other

Latest Reviews