Super Chipmunk - 4 max I think?

ESC/Throttle issues

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Olly P28/02/2012 13:03:54
3031 forum posts
176 photos

Hi all,

I picked up a Super Chipmunk from the Bury Metro Club auction before Christmas, it is foam and holds the battery just behind the cowl - NMh type at the moment.

I can't remeber the make as I'm at work, but the throttle was acting odd when i tried it the other week - it would start but then cut out quickly, I assume the battery needs charging.

Does anyone know what make it could be? I want to find out the ESC brand/specs so I can consider theuse of LiPo batts.

Any help appreciated, I will post the brand tomorrow when I've had time to check.

Olly P28/02/2012 15:36:46
3031 forum posts
176 photos

I've managed to find one on 'another forum' It is a phase 3 super chipmunk. Time to go hunting for the manual....

Olly P28/02/2012 15:49:08
3031 forum posts
176 photos

Found it.

Apparently there is a motor arming button on the US ones, so I'll check for that....

10Amp Brushed ESC for the NiMh batts supplied (800mAh). Think I'll look at digging it out and replacing with one that can take Li-Po's.

Designed for belly landing (no undercart). I think this might make a suitable cheap test bed for my cheap retracts from GC. Get it flight worthy first then have a play methinks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
CML
Airtekhobbies
PuffinModels
BMFA
MHS
NEW POLL - i.c. or electric - what do you mainly fly?
Q: i.c. or electric - what do you mainly fly?

Only i.c.
 Mainly i.c.
 Only electric/silent
 Mainly electrc/silent
 About half and half

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues