By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum sponsored by CML Distribution

What type of aircraft do you fly the most?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Q: When all is said and done, what type of model do you prefer or fly the most?

Helicopter or Autogyro
 Trainers, Vintage, Slow Flyers, R/C Assist
 Intermediate Aerobatic Machines
 High-Performance Aerobatic Machines
 3D Aerobat
 Gliders - Slope, Thermal, DS
 Scale or Semi-Scale Warbirds
 Other Scale Models
 Jets (Turbine and EDF)
 FAI Competition Class Models
 Something Else......

David Ashby - RCME20/02/2013 09:32:16
10280 forum posts
1469 photos
575 articles

A good poll idea from Martyn K thumbs upsmile

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 20/02/2013 09:50:21

Robin Kearney20/02/2013 09:44:40
934 forum posts
171 photos

lol, the results arn't that interesting with only my single vote registered smiley

Good choice for a poll though David, the results should be interesting.

Phill @ Elite Workwear UK20/02/2013 09:50:54
194 forum posts
31 photos

Although I like to fly anything I can get my hands on, and own pretty much somthing from each category I prefer mid range sports jobbys.

Frank Skilbeck20/02/2013 10:00:44
2171 forum posts
61 photos

Difficult to chose, I like variety, if I'm going power flying I will often take, EDF, Sports aerobatic, electric scale, often a heli or autogyro, and then again I like going sloping, I think we need another category which is "several of the above"

GrahamC20/02/2013 10:18:37
1068 forum posts
180 photos

Hmm....

It depends on my mood. On the right day, you cant beat a bit of soaring, but must of the time anything I can chuck about and improve my flying with.

As I write the food whisk things have no votes which I find encouraging! wink

Dave Bran20/02/2013 11:00:44
840 forum posts
5 photos
Posted by GrahamC on 20/02/2013 10:18:37:

As I write the food whisk things have no votes which I find encouraging! wink

Then that's where I'll vote, though I have no preferences at all as long as I can thrash it to within an inch of its life...................

Martin Harris20/02/2013 12:41:58
4453 forum posts
114 photos

Sorry but I've had to vote other as the favourite changes with the season.

On a nice summer's day there's nothing better than scale flying with my Cub but then at some point in the afternoon I'll feel the need to put the sticks in the corners with something fast and aerobatic. There again - and this seems to be where BEB and I finally find some different ground - I can enjoy a bit of thermalling with an EP glider.

Another day I'll turn up with some other old friends dug out from my eclectic (not a spelling mistake!) collection, if there's snow, out comes the Limbo Dancer on floats but at the moment, the model I'm finding I want to fly most is my "adequately" powered Seagull YAK 54.

In terms of the most flying over the winter, my little EP Extra 300 has flown week in, week out but I wouldn't call it my favourite - just a quickly prepared flying "fix".

Djay20/02/2013 13:15:52
457 forum posts
236 photos

Good poll, but I fly all of the list except FAI competition models.

I usually take 3 or 4 models each week, with at least 1 jet, 1 scale , 1 sport and 1 vintage style, and sometimes throw in a few foamies for fun, and fly them all.

Darryl

Nev20/02/2013 13:33:52
198 forum posts
83 photos

Hmm. I think the results sum it up, I usually fly an average aerobatic sports type but I like a bit of everything.

To be honest I spend more time building than flying but haven’t got the patience to go for a full blown scale warbird, so tend to go for the easy to build, easy to fly sports types.

Andy Green20/02/2013 13:53:15
1679 forum posts
39 photos
2 articles

Can I also add fly slow (vintage style) models at the end of the day when thing quieten down. I love my Astro Hog for this. And If its too windy for the patch I love to hike off to the slopes.

Andy

Tim Campling20/02/2013 18:18:42
167 forum posts
103 photos

I voted warbirds and I'm sure that's what I would like to believe. All my models bar one, a Pulse 60, are warbirds so I assumed that I mostly fly warbirds. However, now I think about it the airframe with the most hours on it has to be the Pulse. The warbirds need constant maintenance and tinkering, are more fickle and are definitely more fragile. But the Pulse is always there, regardless of weather or state of the runway. Never any fuelling or cooling issues and no fancy systems to maintain. So maybe I should have voted aerobat?

Reno Racer20/02/2013 19:18:13
992 forum posts
124 photos

I voted Jets (EDF), because thats what I like to fly, buts its not what i fly the most. Like many I have a mixed fleet of all types; EDF, warbirds WW2 and WW1, fast aerobats and slopers.

1/4 scale Neiuport 11, 50 size F4U Corsair, 50 size Denight Special, Profile 50 size Extra 260, EDF HK Vampire, EDF Multiplex Twister, Parkfly size P-51, SAS Wildthing get most of my stck time, dependant upon whether i go to the nearest slopes, use the closeby polo fields or go to the airfield.

Chris

Dave G20/02/2013 19:56:55
31 forum posts
4 photos

Depends on the weather. If windy say up to about 20mph, then I am quite happy flying my Wot 4 foamie or MX2. Nice sunny day then I fly Blaze glider in between my Carbon Yak54 and for a bit of speed and fun then it’s my Stryker. BBQ day, then out comes my Junior 60 with IC 25 in her. Great fun is to take my Wildthing up the slope for some 25 to 45 mph thrills. I have still to fly an early 80's Pattern ship and an Aggressor 240 with Moki 210 up front. I have found that I am getting very lazy, as IC motors are a lot of trouble setting up and all the additional items required. I find electric is clean and easy to transport about. I nearly forgot, I also have a Blade 400 3d helicopter, waiting my attention. In reality almost anything will do, that my pocket can afford. Lately with the weather being so, how can I politely put it, inclement, I have bought a small quadcopter and play with that in doors.>>

Lindsay Todd20/02/2013 20:35:28
1071 forum posts
820 photos

Depends on my mood but these days tends to be warbirds then aerobatics and the occasional sport and glider, so guess thats just about everything then. Linds

Bob Cotsford20/02/2013 20:43:00
3743 forum posts
193 photos

I voted high performance aerobatic as I rarely go flying without at least one, more likely two or three, aerobatic models. Maybe a modern ARTF such as the Katana or Extra but more likely an older design such as the Tornado, Skybolt or similar.

On the right day I'll take the vintage cabin Eros or a WW1 type bipe but there will alwys be something more lively packed alongside it for the real entertainment.

John Privett20/02/2013 21:26:28
3435 forum posts
130 photos

Heck, an almost impossible question! I fly helis, slope soarers, aerobatic models, though not jets. I could probably answer this poll every week and give randomly different answers!

Alan Randall20/02/2013 21:45:36
425 forum posts
92 photos

When its a case of grabbing a quick hour or so, then I take the Parkzone Extra foamy. If there is more time, then a WOT4, RV9 or soon an electric glider and a Corsair goes along too.

Phil Brooks20/02/2013 23:06:50
306 forum posts
86 photos

Mendedindecision

TheFlyingCrust20/02/2013 23:28:43
472 forum posts
56 photos

At the moment almost exclusively slope soarers. Currently the survey is showing about 4th most popular answer - so hopefully will result in a free glider plan? dont know Just a thought.

I have a slope nearby and there's no fuss or form. Check batteries, check range, chuck. Some time later pack up and go home. No mess No fuss. Easy. I've got at least one power model to maiden - finished it over a year ago! And another on the building board.

Ian

Ian Jones21/02/2013 01:24:50
2396 forum posts
1275 photos

I'm stuck with this one not least because I don't know the answer! Might seem strange but it's true.

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TJD Models
Gliders Distribution
BMFA
Braincube Aeromodels
MHS
PuffinModels
CML
Airtekhobbies
Advertise With Us
New Poll - what's the main R/C brand you use (2014)?
Q: New Poll - what's the main R/C brand you use (2014)?

Multiplex
 Hitec
 Futaba
 Spektrum
 Jamara
 Graupner SJ
 JR
 FrSky Taranis
 Planet
 Jeti
 Turnigy
 Discontinued brands - Fleet, Sanwa etc.