Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum sponsored by CML Distribution

newbie wirh husan x4 problem

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
marky boy11/08/2013 11:30:24
1 forum posts
Hi all
Firstly I should say I'm completely green when it comes to flying ex models but yesterday I went out and bought a hubsan x4 after contemplating getting involved in it for a while. It took me a while to be able to control the thing at all but after about 2 charges and a few minor crashes I started being able to hover it about for around 30 secs at a time (its much harder than I thought it would be).

Now I got a bit of a pro lem with it. It doesn't seem to want to take off! Whilst low I can control it. I noticed one of the blades is slightly bent which you can only see when its spinning and I'mholding it, its only slight so not sure I'd that's the problem. Also if I tilt the model to the left the 2 right blades stop and if I tilt it right the left ones stops, same with front and back. Is this normal.

The x4 only cost £30 so hence a cheap way to get involved, but if I have to keep buying parts its not so cheap anymore.

Anyway that's it hope someone with more experience can help me with my introduction to model flying.

Thanks
Markyboy
Tony Read18/08/2013 21:26:46
389 forum posts
13 photos

Hi Marky boy, welcome to the forum. I was hoping that someone else was going to chip in as there are far to many posts by me in this section! teeth 2

Anyway, here are my thoughts.

Yes it is normal for motors to speed/slow up as you tilt the quad - its the 'gyro' trying to fight against the tilt and stabilise itself.

As for not taking off crash damage may well be the culprit. If any of the blades are twisted you can often tease them back into shape. If they are cracked or otherwise damaged fit a new blade but make sure that you use the right one as they are handed. If you power up and there is a funny noise from one corner it could well indicate a damaged blade.

Sometimes the motor shaft can be pushed in if you go in hard upside down. This will cause the blade to catch on the motor casing. You will need to tease the blade up from the motor so that it runs free.

If you can take off but the quad zooms off in one direction a simple re- calibration may well fix it.

If you plug in the battery and the 'eyes' do not blink then it could be a duff battery or control board.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Frank Skilbeck19/08/2013 10:01:54
2346 forum posts
64 photos

The other thing to check would be the battery, if you've completely flattened this by running it after the low voltage cutout cut in then you may have over discharged the battery, next time you use it after rechargibg the battery will not be able to deliver the amps without a significant voltage sag which the low voltage cutout detects and cuts back the power.

Try a new battery, if that cures it, don't keep trying to fly it after the LVC cuts in for the first time, this way the you'll preserve the battery.

Also take the battery out after you've finished flying otherwise the battery is still delivering a couple of mah to the reciever circuit and after time it will get completely discharged and this will damage a Lipo battery.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 19/08/2013 10:03:55

Shaunie25/10/2013 10:07:54
488 forum posts
33 photos

I've got one and I think it's great for the money.

Check that all motors spin freely, after an inverted landing (crash) the motor shafts themselves can get pushed into the motor taking up the endfloat. With care the shafts can be pulled out a little to free them off.

If it does not lift off vertically the gyros may need re-calibrating, there is a procedure not documented in the manual (will post where I found it later):-

Put quad on a level surface.

Press top of left stick inwards to "click" it (you may need to lift it a tiny bit from the bottom, but don't start the rotors) and release.

With left stick at bottom position (throttle closed) waggle left/right rudder 2-3 times fairly rapidly and the eyes will blink.

This sets the gyros to zero and the quad should lift straight up on take off.

I fly mine on expert mode outdoors and its a hoot although it goes out of range very quickly and gets lost very easily. Middle of a field with short grass is the way to go. BTW the Tx antenna is a complete fake, the real antenna is on the pcb inside!

Shaunie.

Shaunie27/10/2013 08:50:18
488 forum posts
33 photos

Here's the link to BRC Hobbies guide:- **LINK**

If the motors ever go stiff check the protrusion of the spindle bearing, it should be about 1mm. If it is almost flush the bearing has been pushed in (I've had it happen several times). Pull off the prop, grip the spindle with a pair of small pliers leaving a gap between the pliers and the body.Then insert a pair of small sidecutters in the gap, gently levering the pliers away from the body of the motor and the bearing should pop forward with a click. Obviously it needs to be done with care not to bend the shaft but they do seem to be quite hard, I've not bent one yet. After this the motor will turn freely again.

Shaunie.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Advertise With Us
Airtekhobbies
MHS
CML
BMFA
PuffinModels
New Poll - do you always stick to your TX maker's Rxs?
Q: New Poll - do you always stick to your TX maker's Rxs?

Yes, always
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 No, they're too expensive
 No, they dont make what I want

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues