Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Can-Doo

Can-Doo

the new Nigel Hawes design!

unleaded03/07/2016 03:48:34
28 forum posts
45 photos

hi I built the can-do when the plan first apeared and have had many flights since , three of our club members also built it after seeing mine I have lost the pic of the build but here is a pic of it with three other models from the RCME free plan range

the Clean Sweep , the Harliquin and the last the Vector all fly very well and always liked at the fieldp5172961.jpg at the club

Ray

Edited By unleaded on 03/07/2016 03:49:28

Edited By unleaded on 03/07/2016 03:50:01

Paulo Peres19/06/2017 17:36:12
48 forum posts
65 photos

My model is finished but still need to have it readied for flight, namely, programming the radio. See it here on it's first outing.

006.jpg

Paulo Peres26/09/2017 11:20:44
48 forum posts
65 photos

Hi all!

Finally the maiden flight was accomplished! Last Saturday at a very appropriate venue - the meeting of the 65th anniversary of the Lisbon Aeromodeliing Club. And it won a distinction: the most radical design present!!

No flying pics yet, but see it here about to be launched. I'm holding the Tx. and H. Ladeira is about to send the model skyward.

Encontro_65 anos do cal_poceirao_23set17_modelo paulo peres-2.jpg

Flew slower than I thought it would be - my heart thanked! One minute or so into the flight, the horizontal stabilizer became detached and was being held by the bellcrank only. A landing without issues occurred and it's been repaired by now.

Another flight will happen ASAP! Stay tuned!

On ther same day my Aermacchi AM3C Bosbok also maidened. See it on the appropriate thread.

colisace26/09/2017 11:54:42
36 forum posts
3 photos

After many flights I uprated mine to a 3000Kv motor and wow what a difference, I called it my rocket on rails. I had to fit undercarriage on mine as we fly off concrete. It did not lift off one day due the angle of attack with the air and it disintegrated at the end of the runway but will be building another with the mods incorporated that I tried on the Mk1. Overall a fantastic flyer.

Piers Bowlan26/09/2017 12:00:31
915 forum posts
19 photos

What mods did you add Colisace?

colisace26/09/2017 12:57:16
36 forum posts
3 photos
Mainly inserts to take the undercarriage in the wings, a steerable nosewheel but has to give the nose an upward angle. The 3000Kv motor and 2500 battery. Separate servos for ailerons and elevators. Next one will also have a rudder and all moving elevators coupled to ailerons.
Paulo Peres26/09/2017 14:31:32
48 forum posts
65 photos

It'd be nice to see your model, Colisace. I also thought about installing an undercarriage, as I seldom have the opportunity to fly off grass. The nearest you can get is what you see in the pictures, with small bushes around the flying field. They are quite handy, though. They have softened a lot of landings from many aeromodellers, including my Can-Doo and Cartoon Cutlass

Regards,

Paulo

Paulo Peres26/09/2017 14:31:34
48 forum posts
65 photos

It'd be nice to see your model, Colisace. I also thought about installing an undercarriage, as I seldom have the opportunity to fly off grass. The nearest you can get is what you see in the pictures, with small bushes around the flying field. They are quite handy, though. They have softened a lot of landings from many aeromodellers, including my Can-Doo and Cartoon Cutlass

Regards,

Paulo

colisace26/09/2017 14:37:42
36 forum posts
3 photos
I have posted some pictures previously on this thread but the mk2 is in the building queue at present. Will post as soon as I can. Try a 3000 motor and you will not be disappointed.
Paulo Peres27/09/2017 13:03:14
48 forum posts
65 photos

Colisace,

I've seen the pics now. I forgot I could do it by clicking on your username.

Looks good and certainly facilitates launching and recovering the model.

After the next flight I'll check if performance with the recommended setup is fine for mild aerobatics or if I really need to upgrade the motor. I'll keep this space posted too.

PP

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
TJD Models
Overlander
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
SHREK
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
How has your building graduated?
Q: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

Started with ARTF moved to building from kits only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from plans only
 Started with ARTF moved to building from kits and building from plans
 Started with building kits or from plans and moved to ARTF
 I only build from kits or plans
 I only build ARTF
 I only build from kits
 I only build from plans
 Other (Please specify in thread)

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues